Girls, what's your view on casual sex?

Anonymous
I'm having a bit of an internal tug-o-war. Not really into the relationship mindset at the moment, but I also have an opportunity to have a sort of friends with benefits scenario. The only thing is that I hesitate because I have a pretty good feeling that this guy is going to get stupid, distant, and generally be a jerk, like I'm some one nighter from a club. I really do not want to have to deal with being treated like this because all I wanted to do was get laid with someone that I know and trust (to the extent to go “there” with).

That said, it also makes me a bit frustrated because while guys generally have it a bit better when it comes to finding casual sex and taking off afterward, girls have to deal with some emotional bs. In this case, with someone you think you have an okay prior friendship with. So in other words, girl finds causal sex- has to deal with emotional bs and being treated badly, no matter how she approaches it. Guy- they get laid and don't always get the same type of treatment. Girls just aren't wired like that compared to guys. I get that to an extent, but seriously? Where's the fairness? We have a right to get some, too. Why not without all the emotional torment? Because we chose to sleep with you, we get avoided and ignored when you see us? Gee, that's nice.

I know there are exceptions where guys can play it cool and remain normal, but I guess it just baffles me that some guys STILL would treat a girl like that, even though he knew her and they were on good terms prior.

I've also found it interesting that mostly guy friends have encouraged me to go for it, whereas several female friends have said not to and it's not worth the bs. The responses are what got me thinking about it overall. They are VERY different because guys just don't always have the same concerns that girls do in regard to sex. It sucks because we have to tread so lightly just to get laid. Easier for us to get a guy to have sex with him? Yes. To find one that won't give us hell afterward? No.

I'm having hard time formulating exactly what it is I'm thinking, but the overall scope of it is sort of wtf. :/

Girls, what's your take on this? I know casual isn't for everyone, and in this sense, it does NOT mean sleeping with like 7 guys in a month or something ridiculously as high. Just going out and getting hers once in awhile, just as a guy gets to do on a regular basis. Sex toys only can do so much. :p Your experiences/outlook?
+1 y
To clarify- overall it's not about the guy treating her like a BFF or as a relationship without the relationship, but more about not acting like a jack ass whenever he sees her. To go from normal to awkward, quiet, weird, and ignoring? Yeah, no.
Girls, what's your view on casual sex?
5
4