I have a girlfriend, but other girl kissed me and now me and my girlfriend have split up, help!

Anonymous
Hey guys/gals,

Me and my girlfriend had known been with each other for around 8 months, however, before we got close, her friend contacted me.

Her friend had opened up to me, tellin me that her dad had died, they are in debt etc. I listened to her to appease her as I felt sorry for her but had no intimate feelings towards her, only to the girl who'd become my gf.

However, after she had told me all this stuff she told me that she liked me and wanted me to be with her, I told her that I had feelings for somone else, so she then asked me to be her friend with benefits. I said no. Due to moral reasons.

We then hadn't talked for a few weeks and she messaged me again asking me to be her friends with benefits again, I said no, later on me and her had a walk and we were dicussing it, she kissed me.

I immediately backed off and walked away. I was planning on telling my girlfriend but after it seemed clear that my girlfriend cared for her greatly and her situation. So I did not. After a while her friend got more and more jealous, and eventually after 8 months told my girlfriend that we had kissed, my girlfriend was near tears and had started to back away from me. I felt like sh*t. After that she told me that she was angry as I didn't tell her, I then explained it was only because I didn't want to ruin their friendship, I confronted her friend and got her to apologize but it was too late ofc.

My girlfriend had exams coming up and didn't want drama to allow her to fail, she told me she forgave me but doesn't want unneccessary drama so left me. I had talked to her many times, she claimed she didn't want to hurt her friend, which was what I was trying to do, so it didn't make sense, throughout the relationship she knew her friend liked me. I stopped talking to her after trying hard to fix things, as I didn't want to get friend zoned by her, I could tell she was kinda sad, so one day me and a group of friends had been going to get something to eat and I invited her randomly she came with us and I dropped her off home, after when we were talking by text she ignored me halfway. I left it. A week after during class, I had been distant from her even though she was on my table, I didn't understand why she felt bad after she ignored me. Byt we had a talk and she told me she doesn't want the drama I told her I still had feelings for her and we left it. A week later, yesterday, me and her started having an amazing and fun chat and things were going well. I want to get back with her. Should I tell her that we shuld talk occasionaly in school to avoid her ex friend and get back after exams, if not, what do I doooo?
1
1