Do you wish society was more sexually liberal?

Anonymous
Do you wish (Western) society was more sexually liberal? I do. I wish people had fewer hang-ups about sex and were more willing to discuss and pursue their sexual desires instead of playing games and lying. For example most of us have fantasized about a threesome. Are you willing to go through life without ever experiencing one? I’m not. Sex should of course be taken seriously because of the risk of emotional upset, unwanted pregnancy and STDs. But why are people so afraid to enjoy sexual liberation? Even people who consider themselves ‘polyamorous’ seem to have their hang-ups. They basically seem to have adopted the ‘monoamorous’ model but with multiple partners. I wish we lived in a society where orgies, group sex, threesomes, sexual experimentation etc were considered normal, healthy activities to be enjoyed instead of disgusting, immoral, shameful acts. Even masturbation is considered something to hide and lie about, lol. Some of the major results of the change I hope for I think would be: more people would be practicing bisexuals (especially women); people would feel more sexually confident and less sexually repressed; people wouldn’t confuse lust with love as often as they currently do. Things haven’t always been the way they are now. The concepts of sexual orientation and sexual identity are Victorian at the earliest. And Greece and Rome, the cradles of Western civilization, were much more open to (true) polyamory than we are (though obviously I disapprove of the rape, slavery and other coercion).
Do you wish society was more sexually liberal?
Add Opinion