+1 y

Is it possible to just date without him expecting me to do more?

I'm 21 and I decided a long time ago that I don't want to have sex until I'm married. And I won't do any of the other stuff either. I just don't believe in that.
The few guys I've dated, I haven't been with for long because it just didn't work out. I never got to the point where I had to tell them we weren't going to have sex.
Anyway, I just started dating someone a couple weeks ago. He's a perfect gentleman and he seems to genuinely care about me. I can see this lasting with him.
I was telling a co-worker about our date and how sweet he was and she started asking me if I was going to have sex with him or do any of the other stuff. I told her no and she and 2 guys I work with started telling me how guys expect either sex or the other stuff or both. They went on and on about it. Call me naive, but it really upset me and freaked me out. And now I'm wanting to break it off with this guy because I don't want to worry about him wanting that.

So, is it possible to just date without involving sex? Or should I just become a nun now?
0
1