+1 y

What are your opinions of brother/sister nudity? How open are you with your sibling? Is your experience sexual or non-sexual? Is it healthy or not?

I have a sister two years older than me. Growing up we say each other naked all the time and it was no big deal. There was nothing sexual about it. We didn't go peaking in on each other. We would dress or undress before each other, or be in the bathroom when the other was in the shower. To us it was normal. Seeing each other in the nude was no different than seeing each other fully dressed.

The only time it really made a difference was when my sister went through puberty. Again, nothing sexual. I just observed the changes in her body, and we talked about it openly. I guess you could say I went through it with her, including sharing her anxieties. When I went through puberty, it was the same. She was there for me. Emotionally, it was an awesome experience that brought us even closer together. We were not just brother and sister, but best friends.

We shared secrets with each other which we would tell no one else. The first time sister had her heart broken, I was the one she turned to. She sat in the bathtub crying, and I sat there listening to her and encouraging her that she would find a guy more deserving of her. When my first dating experience turned into a disaster, she was there to help me pick up the pieces. So you can see the closeness we had.

So our open attitude towards nudity proved pretty healthy for us. It brought us closer and helped form an emotional support bond.

How about with you?
2
5