+1 y

How do I effectively identify men who only want casual sex?

I'm just curious because last time (last week) I was supposed to meet with a man I had been talking to for a few months, but he never showed up. I feel as if he had been talking to me just for the online sex. I had been clear even before (months before) we became "cyber-intimate", that I was looking for a relationship not just nudity and dirty chats.

We had Skype sex a few times, but I didn't think this would turn things in the wrong direction. I had been clear I wasn't looking for meaningless sex. So we did it again (Skype sex-which I think was fun) a week before we were supposed to meet. Then he was totally silent; not a word. The day we were supposed to meet I texted him to see what was going on, he replied he was sick, "will text you in a few days".

So I have spent the last few days thinking how can this man been so cruel, to lead me to think (over a few months) that he was interested. He knew that continuing with the chats and texts and all that was going to lead me to expect more from him. I had been pretty clear about that, and now he just signs out, just like that.

So, I got burned (and it hurts with madness); I am really upset he did this with no notice. I basically feel deceived; this is a man telling me he wants to be with me and all kinds of crap. This is a man I knew from college but never dated before, who said he was regretful for not taking things further when we were in our twenties. We texted and talked before taking things sexually, flirted for months before Skype sex; he was the one who insisted to stay in touch and all this crap.

Anyway, I don't want to sit here feeling sorry for myself for believing this man had a genuine interest. So, I just want to know what to do next time so I don't get used and discarded like this. I like sex and I want to have fun sex within the context of a relationship. Is that too much to ask for?
6
6