+1 y

What am I doing wrong? I can't keep girls as friends for more than a few weeks?

Girls say I am good looking, I have a cute smile, and large brown eyes. I am a tall tan swimmer and waterpolo player built like a brick wall. ultra cut. But I've always had problems with girls. I have trouble keeping them as friends as well. I don;t say anything mean to them, I hardly tease them, and I try to help them when they need it. However, after a month or a few weeks they loose interest in being my friend. An example is a girl from one of my classes. In the beginning I was trying to get her and talk to her as usual, I was making good progress. A few times when I wasn't thinking about her at all she would touch my arm to get my attention and talk or walk with me. Now however she hardly talks to me. If I try to initiate a conversation by asking a question she gives quick short answers and doesn't really respond. If I make a comment she says nothing. This has happened before with different girls. I don't understand. Do I give off a different vibe at the beginning? Is it because I stopped being interested in trying to make a friendship that caught her attention? Because when she started to open up and I reciprocated she went back to loosing interest again. Of course I think they're cute and might want to date them later if i could but I wasn't flirting or hitting on them at all really so i don't see why that would turn them away. I really don't get it. I'm cut, good looking, six-pack, tall.. what else is there that I need? I dress well too. My nails are clean, I chew gum after I eat a snack during school to make sure my breath doesn't smell, even after brushing my teeth in the morning every day. I have a 4.7 GPA and take all AP and honors classes, so it can't be that they think i'm a dumb-ass. Please help. I there must be something that I am not doing or doing wrong. Because yolo I included a poll on whether or not you think my profile picture is as good looking as some people say it is. Please please help
Very good looking
pretty good looking
passable
Vote C
GirlGuy
+1 y
Didn't mean to come off as cocky, I didn't put straight up ugly in the poll because I didn't want that kind of negative feedback. NOT cocky. I am actually introverted and just try to be nice to girls because I am not really a smooth talker at all.
+1 y
I honestly am really bad at being funny and stuff that girls like when i talk to them so that might also be a big part..
6
3