+1 y

Despite my respectful, courteous, friendly break-up, I'm debating whether I should completely cut my ex out of my life. Help?

I have recently ended my very first relationship so I'm not really sure how this works. Most female friends of mine are saying to totally cut the guy out of your life. Yet, I realize that was necessary for them because their past relationships had unfavorable endings. For example, their ex cheated, they cheated, there was a abortion involved, or some form of shady, dishonorable behavior.

My situation is very different. We both came to a mutual agreement that the relationship was futureless. We agreed a week in advance that we would break up, after a chance to enjoy all of our favorite parts of each other. On our last day together, he even treated me to lunch. While we were exploring this little creative shop, he bought me this really cool wooden, spiral ladder that hangs from the ceiling. So, it's truly not a situation where I have a reason to be bitter and cut him off. It's not like he cheated, disrespected me, or gave me any reason to hate him.

However, I'm thinking of totally cutting him out of my life; deleting and blocking him from FB, deleting his phone number, all of his texts, videos and pics of him on my phone, and never speaking to him ever again even if he tries. If he sees me in public, I'll walk right past him like I've never met him before. This is a defense mechanism. I've had a handful of people painfully exit my life and responding that way has always removed that sting. I really can't bare the thought of him dating or eve being sexual with other girls. I have a feeling it would just turn into emotional turmoil if we tried to be friends. I don't know what to do. Please help me out.

What do you think? What should I do?
2
1