+1 y

Why is slut shaming such a terrible thing now?

I'm not saying they should be burned or persecuted or banished or anything stupid like that. I'm not a nutcase prude.

I was on a question that asked about society being full of sluts now and people were actually defending promiscuity and ragging on the qa, calling her judgmental and implying people who thought like her were judgmental and prudish pricks. Does this only seems backwards to me? LOL

I didn't wait until marriage, I don't say people should. I think people should at least know and care about the person before sleeping with them and apparently that's a prudish prick's point of view LOL People are so casual about sex and just jump into bed with anyone, complete strangers, and people are defending that claiming sexual liberation and saying they're not hurting anyone. in my opinion I think they're hurting themselves, thinking of sex as nothing more than a nasty bump and grind for temporary pleasure.

People who will just sleep with everyone should be ashamed to share their bodies with everyone they meet in my opinion. I feel bad for them because it speaks to a low self worth. Shouldn't sex still mean something? Maybe my wife and I are alone in this.
+1 y
Slut shaming is "wrong" and you're all but bashed for doing it, but people are totally fine with people "prude shaming" which means they tease and make fun of people for not sleeping around and thinking sex means something. Why the double standard?
+1 y
I'd think such "open minded people" would be fine with others thinking sex is special, but they're not. They instantly call people judgmental and prude. Why?
13
11