+1 y

Having sex dreams about ex from 4 years ago (first love) who i never slept with now that i started my first proper relationship?

I'm 21...my last relationship worth mentioning was 4 years ago...when i was 16/17 i dated a guy for almost a year. since then I've dated but nothing that ever really lasted...i now just began a relationship it's early but i feel like this may be my first big love..i started having sex at 19...& i'm sexually active in my current relationship...the connection i had with my first boyfriend/first love its undeniable..we live in different places but see each other on holidays so like..for 4 months out of the year we are in the same place..every time i see him feelings came back but nothing ever came of it...the thing is..we never had sex..since i was 16 until now we have had sexual tension building...and now that im with my bf i keep having dreams that im having sex with my ex...i always kind of wanted to do it with my ex at least once & now i know i probably never will or at least not anytime soon..and its not that i actually want to im happy with my BF its just the dreams im having my ex & i have spoken about it so many times..even this past summer we said we would eventually but i was so scared to...& we fell out & don't speak now..I'm over him like emotionally i just think we have this on-going thing what never got put to rest & because i really thought he would've been my first & now its haunting me...& obviously im going to ignore it but its a really weird thing to wake up from a dream of you sleeping with an ex when you are very satisfied in real life with your current? i just want advice or a story or anything to help bring clarity
2
0