Let’s Talk About Sex: GaG Teens Listen Up!

When you’re young, your hormones are raging. It’s kind of funny in retrospect, because I remember being super horny as a dumb 17 year old. Not saying every teen has little self control, but I know I sure did. Unfortunately I didn’t have a boyfriend then so I couldn’t really experiment like some of my counterparts. This turned out to be a pretty GOOD thing. Here’s some advice that I have for all my GAG teens trying to make it through high school with these horn dogs.

1. Everyone is horny. Everyone.

For whatever reason, the boys thought that the girls in their classes weren’t as horny as them. They used to talk all the time about masturbating 2-3 times a day in a sock, assuming their female friends didn’t have the same problem. ISSA LIE. Most of the girls in my classes were just as horny, they just didn’t show it as much. This was a blessing, as we didn’t have to worry about random boners. But our freaky nature would come out in the most unexpected ways.

Example: eating a rainbow popsicle and trying to see how much we could stuff in our mouths. Yes, we were simulating fellatio. Did it get the guys’ attention? It sure did hehe.

2. Everyone is not having sex.

As I mentioned before, we were all going through that rough stage where everything was sexual. But not everyone was channeling that energy and actually having sex. Most weren’t actually. There were only a few girls in my graduating class that were getting some action, which is funny considering they got slut shamed for it.

Truthfully, some of the girls slut-shamed them because we wanted to be them. We wanted sex too, and we weren’t sure how to go about securing said boyfriends to achieve this goal. Some of us eventually figured it out and others didn’t.

So to all the guys and gals: STOP feeling pressured to have sex whenever everyone else is. Because 80% of ya friends are lying. Or at least exaggerating. Take your time and don’t worry about looking lame - everyone does at your age. It’s a part of life.

3. Sex ed in school is irrelevant as hell.

Apparently not every school even has sex education classes. Which is wild because 12-20 year olds are the demographic who need it the most. High school is ideally the best time to educate kids about sexual choices and consent but it just doesn’t happen. So let me fill in a few gaps:

Abstinence is not the key, it’s not even realistic.

Blowjobs are as fun as they look.

Always ask for consent and hands-off if they even LOOK like they’re about to say no.

Privacy is key.

Sex is only fun if both people are getting their needs met.

Contraception is diverse so learn a lot as quick as you can.

NO SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM.

Get checked regularly for STDs. Like every 3-6 months at least.

There’s a lot I’m skipping over but those are the general points that many high school students just don’t get? Don’t worry - there’s plenty of online resources that end in .gov (reputable) so you can learn the science of sex. Also, experience is the best teacher.

4. You will mess up and it will be awkward.

No matter your level of skill or experience, a new partner is gonna be a little weird. The learning curve is steep and you’ll make plenty of mistakes. So what? The right sex partner will understand and you’ll be able to laugh about it.

Don’t put so much pressure on yourself to be cool and suave. Because no one is in the beginning. Focus on making the other person have a good experience and learning a lot. As long as you don’t take yourself too seriously it will be okay. Relax!

5. Being a virgin isn't a bloody affair exactly.

Some girls have horror stories about how much blood came out when they tore their hymen. Listen. Don’t worry about that.

Granted, there are disorders that can make intercourse painful but it’s unlikely you have those. Pretty unlikely. I’ve noticed that many women experience discomfort during penetration because they are nervous and not prepared.

Relax. Sex is scary or intimidating the first time. But he won’t able to thrust properly without hurting you if you don’t relax a bit. Don’t tense up.

You need lots and lots of lubrication. Depending on how turned on you are, you may not need lube. I generate enough to be as slippery as possibly (LMAO TMI BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS IS A THING). Your first time may affect how much natural lubrication you can produce. So you need a container of lube on hand. Preferably water based. It will make things much easier, trust me.

6. Sex may be short but it's not a race.

It is a journey. It is a journey. It is a journey. It’s not about who can cum the quickest or the hardest. This is why it’s important to care enough about your partner to make it good for them. Respect each other and it should go swimmingly well.

The reason being, you should take time to explore each other’s bodies. Touch and feel and grab and play with whatever. Gently. It’s all part of the experience, and it’s how you learn what the other person likes. If you don’t know what you like, that is perfectly fine.

Example: If you are a heterosexual dude, go slow with your lady friend. She is not your sock, she’s a person. Go slow and kiss her quite a bit. If you want to try the vaginal intercourse stuff, make sure she can take 3 fingers. Work up to that. If she can’t, try again the next day. The goal is to slowly work up to the main event. It’s not a race. If you take your time, you will be rewarded with a good time with a girl who won’t hate you afterwards lol.

7. Protect yourself and your partner.

I already said this but I’ll say it again. PROTECTION IS ESSENTIAL. Always use a condom. No excuses. And for the girls, learn a lot about birth control before you try it. Talk to your doctor and your parents, an adult you trust before you go on this endeavor. Get all the info you need to make a good decision.

8. Know what you like and don't like.

For both men and women, it’s important not to rely on porn. You need to have a good idea about what turns you on naturally. Is it a specific scent? A look? A body part? A touch? Think about that. If you rely on artificial simulation, it can reprogram your brain. Porn isn’t bad, but in excess it can hurt you in the long run.

Please touch yourself. This is a plea. Figure out what you might like or love. Ladies use your fingers and toys. Anyone under 16 shouldn’t be buying toys but over 16 is old enough in my opinion. It’s not like you weren’t already thinking about sex anyway lol.

9. Understand your boundaries and don't push them.

Dont have sex with anyone who makes you feel weird or uncomfortable. Never that.

If they try to force you, persuade you or manipulate you into having sex, SCREW THEM. Get the hell outta there. Men can be assaulted too so if a girl tries to keep touching your penis, remove her hand and get tf out if possible.

A huge boundary for teens is alcohol. I’m not dumb enough to assume you don’t drink, even though you shouldn’t. You are minors but at parties you will see and drink alcohol. NO SEX UNDER THE INFLUENCE. It’s easy to assault or be assaulted under these conditions. It can ruin your life so be very mindful of the consequences.

10. Talk to an adult about all the stuff I just said.

If you didn’t get anything else out of this, know that there are adults like me who have been where you are. We know how sex works and what to do in hairy situations. Ask for advice or help choosing contraception. Ask for help about boys or girls your age. Never be afraid to speak up if someone takes advantage of you or makes you uncomfortable. Seriously.

HOPE THIS HELPED. I couldn’t talk about everything here but this should get you started.🤘🏽

1311
JustAnotherGirlie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• You forgot a super important one: Get the HPV vaccine.

Most people who are sexually active get HPV. It often has no symptoms, you just pass it silently, invisibly on to someone else.

Then every once in a while it gives someone cancer and they die.

Which is terrible.

The vaccine is either cheap or free depending one where you live and if you have insurance, and it's both safe and effective. There's NO REASON not to get it. Talk to your doctor.

• OHMYGOSH I keep hitting myself in the face because i completely forgot about this. You’re correct. I think I have gotten the HPV vaccine, before i started college. But sometimes people don’t and that’s scary no?

• Yea, and in my opinion it should be recommended to parents that their kids get it before high school at the latest; it's not just about making sure your kids are safe if they decide to have sex; what if your child is sexually harassed or asaulted, and then gets HPV as a result?

I never understood why safe-sex ed and safe sex prep was controversial.

Most Helpful Girl

• GOOD GOOD GOOD THIS IS SOME GOOD SHIT. GOOD JOB. GAG PLEASE DONT REMOVE THIS

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• Let’s Talk About Sex

No! G@G might remove it for "Adult content under 18"

That's the part I hate most. We're 17 not 13 year old kids. We do know stuff but most of the time we're not allowed to talk about it even on Internet. I ain't gonna talk about sex with someone irl. internet is the best place for it. But we're not allowed to. We need to express ourselves as you do!

• Wow this really is an amazing post - great to hear so much from some who is experienced but young enough to still 'get' high school and college. Bravo and thank you!

• You lost most of your audience with your patronizing first few sentences, sadly. Rewrite.

• Thank you, for your words, JustAnotherGirlie.

• Thank you

• anyone gonna eat that banana

• What adult an escort could tell me more

• Men are hornier

• Focus on more important things

• Or just focus on things that actually matter in life and make you truly happy. Like my career ambitions and hobbies.

• Also, only desperate sluts buy toys.

• I bought my girlfriend a toy.

And sex is one of my favorite hobbies. If it doesn't make you happy, then you're probably a lot less sexual than the average person; maybe even asexual.

Good luck with your career and ambitions. I'll be working at a factory and having lots of sex.

What Girls Said 12

• I dont even want to have sex (the idea of some dudes penis inside me honestly sounds disgusting and terrible and horrifying) and my mom is worried about me for that

• Perfectly okay. Go at your own pace

• Well then that’s fine too? Lol this post was mainly for those who have sexual desires of some sort, gay or not. At any rate, don’t let anyone make you feel weird about being yourself. I do have a friend who is asexual but not aromantic. He’s adjusted well in college

• Are you attracted to any women? You might be a lesbian, or you might just be asexual.

If you're asexual, I can't begin to express the depth of my sympathy, and I hope one day they find a cure.

Sex isn't fun; sex is like taking a breath for the first time after you were living your whole life underwater and you didn't even know it.

Anyways, good luck.

• Is STD rampant in the USA? Because we surely don't get taught to get regular checks. The doctors even look confused when you ask for one, because it's simply not common. One friend wanted to get 2 AIDS tests within 2 years. I think. The doc told her she should see a psychiatrist if she wants a 3rd one in the third year.

• In a certain demographic, STDs are pretty rampant. It could easily be resolved by comprehensive sexual education instead of preaching abstinence. It’s so annoying - these kids aren’t waiting to have sex. If they want to, they will.

Also, not every district has sex Ed in their schools. So it’s ridiculous to assume that these kids know what they’re doing, because they dont

• What about safe sex ads on public places and in commercials? Do you have them?

• That is amazing. And yeah, I used to practice on popsicles all the time without realizing until I had been noticed

• Whoever you are, you are awesome and we share more or less the exact same opinion.
    Sex is natural, sex is good, abstinence is absolutely unrealistic. We naturally need to repopulate, and that's what sex is biologically there for, and it's also pleasurable. Personally, I've never had sex before and don't think about it that often, but I'm used to being weird. This article has taught me a lot a lot A LOT about everything regarding sex, and I'm listening because I know we share the same opinion. I agree with practically everything mentioned.

• a lot of people don't even realize how honey us girls get. Sometimes I get so turned on when I walk I can feel it sticky and wet.

• lord save me now if some guy's gonna come near me with a pink condom like that

• 1 and 3 are incredibly wrong, but the rest of the Take is okay.

• Really? Do tell. I’m curious

• Right, and if they're not masturbating because their religion, culture, or upbringing taught them that it was wrong, then we should be enlightening them; masturbation is actually really good for you, it prepares both men and women for having an active sex life when they get older, and it relieves stress and anxiety, boosts emotional and mental health, and is even good for your heart.

Plus it can make screening yourself for cancer an easier thing to convince you to do.

We should ABSOLUTELY be encouraging teens to masturbate.

• I knew face palming because you are missing the damn point. This mytake was NOT about telling kids what to or what not to do. A lot of these teens just need someone to TALK to. There’s some weird stuff going on in their bodies and they aren’t sure who to talk to or where to go. Most of these kids aren’t bringing up sex with adults in their lives and are making terrible choices. So SOMEONE needs to normalize this shit and say “listen. It’s ok to have sexual feelings. It’s ok to touch yourself. You’re normal.”

This is NOT a catch all for every sexual identity. Jesus, you’d think it would be a little more obvious I’m not speaking in total absolutes.

And how backwards are you? It’s not even remotely creepy to say masturbation is normal. Like what planet do you live on? I’m not getting off to this, this is about awareness. And considering how many of these teens PMd me, they clearly just needed an adult to say “you’re not weird.”

• This was a kind of awkward reading it but lol

• We have to talk about it at some point. I’m sure it’s more awkward hearing your parents talk about the “birds and the bees.” Hehe

• Thanks... I'll keep this in mind.

• You forgot to say to the ladies to make sure your on contraception and don't forget to take it. It may take two to tango but chances are if you get a bun in the oven you will be left alone with the consequences as most teenage guys are simply to immature to handle a situation like that.

• Not everyone is horny and want sex. There are asexual people.

• GOOD ALL AROUND!!!