Finally, birth control/ contraceptive options for men

Pill, gel, tale it as you will
Pill, gel, tale it as you will

I’m excited to see these options come into fruition.

Obviously there are side effects including in a small amount, decreased sex drive, the pill has the same affect on women to a greater degree.

But the the option is now coming available. If a man doesn’t want kids anytime soon he will soon have his own control over that. No worrying about condoms breaking and being left in the wind for her to decide.

Obvy we all want safe sex. But men deserve equal choice and protection when it comes to how and when they want kids.

That is choice preconception. After that it’s a woman’s body so it’s a bit late but they should have more options on the table prior to ever getting to “opps”.

I always feel for the guy in that situation. Legally he’s responsible for child support and he did mess up as did she. But then guys get overly paranoid about not getting someone pregnant.

You realize how much of your income is gone forever for a child your barely see.

1768
sjoes006 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Oh, not this shit again...
    STOP MAKING MALE CONTRACEPTION HAPPEN. It's not going to happen. Not to men who value themselves.

But let's go through this once more. I've already written a lengthy answer about this a while ago, but I guess this is like vaccination - you need refreshment sometimes.

So.
    "Obviously there are side effects including in a small amount, decreased sex drive, the pill has the same affect on women to a greater degree."
    Lie.
    The "pill" for men has vastly more damaging long term consequences. IIRC Out of the rougly 1000 participants in the testing group almost everyone reported drastic loss of sex drive, occasional impotency, 3 people became temporarily impotent (for weeks), one person became quasi-permanent impotent (they had to cure him for several months), and one person chose to take his life (there is no 100% correlation, but it's hard to ignore).
    So it is fairly safe to say that when compared to female contraception, male contraception is simply cruel.

To understand why that is, we have to understand how the drug works. Put simply - it's chemical castration. It shuts down testosterone production in the testicles, along with sperm production. The female equivalent of that would be losing your ovaries. Sounds fun, right? Except they wouldn't come back.
    And they don't for men, either. The damage is irreparable.

Now, later iterations to bring back to public awareness this insidious drug attempted to counterbalance the testosterone killing effect by introducing exogenous testosterone (essentially steroids) in the body. This indeed successfully counterbalances the impotency and the testosterone destroying effects.
    IT ALSO PERMANENTLY SHUTS DOWN TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION. FOREVER.
    That's why bodybuilders can never stop taking that stuff. If they do, their body would collapse, they would look like old ladies, because their body wouldn't maintain their muscles.

So in essence, you'd be stuck taking contraceptive for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. Or take cheaper and more effective steroids - which are banned, and can get you jailed for 5 years. Fun, right?

I don't know what the myTake owner's motivation is. But the male contraceptive pill is an evil attempt at neutering and biologically emasculating men. DO NOT believe the hype, please. This is a dangerous game, and you could ruin your body for the rest of your life!

• A healthy altenative would of course be financial abortion - basically, the man is not responsible for the child. After all, it's the woman's body - her choice - her responsibility.

But feminists won't support that of course - that would be putting women at a disadvantage in society! (except that's not true, that would only give men the same choice women have!)

• Ideally both parties would be on BC.

• Right 😶 ? vasalgel anyone? It can be done more quickly than a conventional vasectomy and is easily undone with one shot.

• I would personally never take something like that, but I could see why it would appeal to someone. I have this belief that "accidents" don't really happen where cumming inside is concerned. It's not like our orgasms sneak up on us, you know what's happening... if the guy doesn't pull out, it's because he's a douchebag

• Yeah but precum does the job just as well. Pull out isn’t a great method.

• I get what you're saying... Considering all the things that need to happen for someone to get pregnant, it's incredibly unlikely with precum alone. I use condoms for a reason.

Most Helpful Girls

• -Most of the women's replies to this topic: Birth control for men? That's great! Now they can be responsible for preventing pregnancy too!
    -Most of the men's replies to this topic: That is the stupidest crap I ever heard of! I'm not taking it, especially if it decreased my sex drive!

Not even a little surprised at the replies, haha. Saw it coming a mile away. So glad to see how everyone can discuss this topic in a mature, reasonable manner!

• Way to go to ignore several people explaining how the side-effects of this pill are vastly more severe.

• I don’t blame men for being shocked and alarmed at the side effects.

They are shocking and alarming. BUT no one gave a shit when it was the women who had to bare the day to day life altering side effects.

In Science Journals this is been a long talked about issue for the past 5-7 years. Practitioners are aware of the newer research that indicates cancer and the shift in hormones resulting in adverse mate selection.

Examples of women getting off the pill and not being attracted to their husband anymore. His natural odor is no longer attractive. Sounds weird but there have been consistently replicated studies with the same findings.

Point is, this isn’t a zero sum game. It isn’t one or the other takes BC, it’s just a new freedom and choice for men to take if they want.

I don’t see it as, oh well let the guy take the pill and I’m done with BC. It’s more or a everyone takes BC and has more personal control over their wishes.

• I personally believe that both man and women shouldn't take these contraceptives. It fucks up everyone's hormones

• Wouldn't this have to make the male sterile? Like please correct me if I'm wrong but a females birth control is basically mimicking the hormones sent out in pregnancy which deters sperm from the egg. If the female isn't taking birth control then I think it would have to make the male sterile to avoid pregnancy.

• It is. It has insane health hazards, it permanently wrecks the guy's hormonal system, leads to loss of sex drive, impotency, depression, muscle loss, temporary or permanent impotency and sterilization; not to mention faster aging, osteoporosis, etc.

The myTake owner is simply evil, or uninformed.
      I am glad you are educated, and noticed the dangers. We need more kind, observant young ladies like you :-D

• The tests were canceled because of the sterile side effect and nothing is fda approved yet that I have seen. So far an unproven concept. If side effects were the same as the woman’s pill no man would object, but not the case medically yet...

• @sjoes006
      OK, I have to chime in here. I didn't play to, and I won't make a long reply, but your lack of research angers me very much.

The source you linked isn't a study. It's talking about a drug that's ABOUT TO BE TESTED. What's the difference, you might ask. Very simple - ANYONE can say "It will work this time!", but that doesn't mean it will. The article acknowledges that the previous tests were catastrophic. And maybe they will approve it now. But if that is the case, I am willing to bet they will mingle the data to push through their drug. The fact is that the PRINCIPLE of the drug is severely flawed. Sperm production and testosterone production are closely related. Attacking one, while leaving the other untouched, is basically impossible. At least chemically it is. Vasectomy can do that, but that's a permanent solution, sadly.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 66

• I chose the safest most effect method already, vasectomy, precisely because: "You realize how much of your income is gone forever for a child your barely see."

I would never trust that or the female pill.

Similar to one of my lying ex-s:

• and now feminist will complain about how this takes away womens choice of when to give birth and how it patriachal and so on...

• Umm I wouldn’t... it should be a mutual decision an d most feel that way.

It makes me happy because the burden isn’t just on women and you get to feel the side effects, but mostly it gives men a choice.

• @sjoes006 "and you get to feel the side effects" you talk of these life altering effects as if they are features.

• damn bro you stole what I was just about to say!

• I have a much better, completely free, no-possibility-of-bodily-harm method for male birth control options-- have high standards and stop seeking sex with females who are slovenly, overweight, unattractive, or mean-spirited. That cuts out about 80% of your available options, which is a pretty good and effective way to stop oneself from encounters that one will regret later.

• Wait so guys are supposed to wear a condom and take the pill? That hardly seems fair.

What I really want to see is male financial abortion rights. If men don't want to be parents they should have the same choice to opt out of it like women do (obviously this depends on where you live).

• Male hormonal birth control is a bad, and unnecessary idea. Non hormonal options like vasalgel are more effective, less risky, and have fewer side effects.

• Incase you are unfamiliar. Vasalgel is a gel they inject into your vas diferns. It stops sperm cells from entering your ejaculate fluid. The injection works for about 1-2 years and can be cleared any time with a second injection to dissolve is. It is as effective as a vasectomy but far less permanent, and less painful. Early tests also show little to no side effects.

• Yes this ^

• As long as it's safe and fertility comes back after stopping using it, it's a great change that now also men have a choice, we only had condoms or vasectomies in the past, so two thumbs up !!! Also curious to see if any side effects other then the lowered libido were seen, e. g. is there a risk of birth defects if one sperm cell still peeps through and fertilises an egg...

• :-D If you decrease my sex drive my a small amount, it really becomes non existent. So I suppose that's win for the birth control pill.
    But yeah, big thumbs up for some option like this. It equalizes the playing field a bit.
    I just wish you've included some links in article.

• Some dumb people use such contraception methods and regret it in later stage of live without even knowing.

There are better options.
    No tq.

• >If a man doesn’t want kids anytime soon he will soon have his own control over that. No worrying about condoms breaking and being left in the wind for her to decide.

Yeah, chemically castrate yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing the first round of health problems manifest themselves in the soyboys and cucks. Thanks for the mammaries.

• “Being left in the wind for her to decide”.

Would it not be for both of them to decide?

• “It’s a woman’s body”

👏🏻
    Only her choice men! She gets to choose whether or not she’s going to kill your child.

• Legally he’s responsible for child sup...

So much BS in this...

• That’s why make BC is a good thing, yes? Another protective layer.

You gotta protect yourself because everything you said is true.

• Only low-T, soy-boy, beta, bugmen would ever even consider using "birth control"... When my girl's ovulating, I just stick it up her ass.

• No guy is gonna take that for a girl. Girls are way too sexual and pressure guys into sex so it’s wrong to pressure guys into damaging their bodies.

That’s really cruel.

• Good post. But until they come outmwith. a 100 percent safe birth control for guys not many will choose it

• True, give it sometime to be tested before jumping on the horse. But it’s an exciting option

I mean, I’d never be like, we’re using condoms so it’s good. People should use condoms for many reasons but they aren’t full proof.

• I can't see guys getting this, as if guys are too lazy to get condoms what chances are they going to get this

• Ha funny and somewhat true, especially based on the reaction here.

Seems like many want to have it both ways.

I think it sounds scarto many, sounds emasculating and not their problem.

But those are probably men that aren’t having to pay child support yet.

• I am actually happy to see this.. though you will see feminists screaming about it because they can no longer have "Happy Accidents" which are never actually happy accidents but attempts at paternity fraud. It gives me some power when controlling weather or not he has to be responsible for an unwanted child.

• Sensitive condoms are more secure, as you cannot forget to put them on, and equally as pleasurable as having raw sex.

So I don't see why anybody should want to take chemicals.

• Last I saw they canceled the study and have not passed fda approval because it made too many men completely sterile. I’m all for it if they make an equivalent, but as of now it is a ways off. Any source on this?

• ? Umm not that i’m aware of there’s a pill that could be with us in 3 years that’s undergoing trials with actual couples. And a gel that just did the same thing the only thing I know that got cancelled was an the injection for too many side effects.

• @Daniel3035 I concur

• I would need convincing on any chemical/hormone contraceptive for men or women, I know from experience that its not always effective. I'll stick with condoms for the time being thanks

• OK I need to put some more research into this but isn't this the pill that caused suicidal depression and that was the reason for the study being aborted?
    And in addition to that lowered sex drive, erectile distinction and could also cause a permanent sterilisation?
    Don't get me wrong if there would be a risk free pill for man I would be all for it but this one sorry not sold on.
    I rather then go with the option condom or only have sex with a partner you also would not mind having a child with and I want to spent the rest of my life with.

• What is wrong with women taking responsibility for something for a change?

• Having sex takes two people. Why can't men have birth control as an option too

• My point!! Jesus women aren’t always against you. This is a good thing.

Sex is more enjoyable with worry of things like this off your mind.

• @Asker okie dokie

• Not a bad option, though I prefer being snipped! Takes all the worry out and since I never, ever want kids, its cool.

• I think it’s cool. BUT would only consider taking it after extensive testing. I don’t wanna end up taking it and then risk getting testicular cancer or some shit

• or getting gyno because your testosterone is decreased to such an extent you will get moobs, which is what some of these control pills do

• Okay, fuck this. This should be banned, should be illegal..

• This shit will make my balls shrivel up and dick fall off, fuck that I’m not taking this garbage haha.

• I would take it but the side-effect of a decreased sex drive would be a problem. Too many pills have this side effect already.

• People are so eager to pop pills without understanding how substantially they influence the behavior of the endocrine system... it's scary.

• I plan to get a vasectomy.
    I'm unwilling to give another soul my awful genes as ASD and Depression are genetic

• Nothing wrong with ASD, i have it. It is the best disability you can have, it just that there is a lot of oppression.

• The last birth control for men made them infertile for months on end and for one guy it was 6 months after stopping.
    I'll stick with rubbers until I see long term data using at least 1000 men from different races and ethnicities.

• Pfft never gonna take that🙃 I'd rather just fucking pay child support if I have to... Although I dont see why i would need to pay that as it's not like I'd be running away from my problems... So?

• Meh, too many risks and side effects from the pill. It’s still in it’s early stages.

• Show more from Guys
    36

What Girls Said 15

• I'm a feminist and I support men having more choices for contraception. Totally support the development of new technologies of this type.

• Honestly, I think it's great men have that option, but I also think it's still not worth to take it. The side effects are too many for the male pill, more than the ones for females. If I was a guy, I wouldn't take it before it has less of those.

• You obviously don’t know how toxic the pill is for your body. It makes you attracted to the wrong men by scent preferring men that smell like your dad since your body thinks it is pregnant. Cancer, low sex drive...

I don’t take it. I have an IUD with no hormones.

• @sjoes006
      "You obviously don’t know how toxic the pill is for your body. It makes you attracted to the wrong men by scent preferring men that smell like your dad since your body thinks it is pregnant."
      1) That's pseudoscience, there isn't even proof that humans can sense pheromones. In fact after extensive research we weren't able to find any human ability for sensing pheromones.
      2) Oh cry me a river, while male contraception makes men permanently impotent and permanently infertile, not to mention ruining their body, damaging muscles, organs, bones, etc...

"Cancer, low sex drive..."
      1) Actually there isn't a clearly defined tendency for women's contraception for lowering sex drive
      2) Cancer is a risk for every kind of contraception, or every kind of drug really. But the rates are almost negligable.

But keep spreading misinformation, you lying sack of... sunshine and goodness.

• Makes you attracted to the wrong men... so you have a study in that cause I’d be curious as to what they used as the control subject. No one wants side effects. If the side effects were equal to the female pill no man would care. IE see side effects from viagra and the like and men take it (risk blindness, heart problems, permanent Ed, headaches etc). The male pill is not fda approved and has been highly dangerous. Way more than anything the female pill has seen. Get educated about it before just assuming random stuff

• The selfish bullshit falling out of men’s mouth over the side effects of taking a pill to prevent pregnancy😂
    This is why I have no sex drive with men lately. I can’t with the bullshit.

• Oh cry me a river. You have 30+ ways to keep from getting knocked up. You don't want to take a pill? IUD for you. God forbid men give a shit about our health.

• Oh sure. My point is that you have lots of options and can weight the pros / cons. We have few options - luckily that's changing. We have every right to be as choosy as you in regards to our health.

• In case you haven’t noticed... ED meds have strong side effects and men take them. So men are willing to take something with side effects. But, this is not fda approved because the test results came back horrible and they canceled the trials. This option is still a long way off

• Hey here’s an idea..
    don’t have sex if you’re not ready for a baby.
    Problem solved :o

• Isn't one of the side effects erectile dysfunction, loss of sex drive and suicide?

• Much like taking estrogen except for the suicide part

• @DakotaNorth Bullshit. Estrogen by default is a much less potent hormone than testosterone. That's why women can take oral contraception, but taking oral steroids would wreck your kidneys.
      And the side effects for male contraception are thousands of times more severe than for women's.

• @DakotaNorth yeah but doctors also prescribe contraception to women for reasons other than birth control.

• stupid, doesn't protect you from an std. use a rubber dude

• I'm excited about it. I hope it catches on and becomes a norm. Double bc pills for the win

• This stuff always worries me. The first birth control pill for women killed a lot of them. Even today it increases rates of cancer by about 9% which isn’t, you know, 30%, but still is a deterrent. I’m opposed to artificially messing with your hormones so the fact that women take birth control 24/7 is concerning. My mother even tried to get me to use it for acne at one point. If men start to use this, I hope they only do if they expect to have sex in the next few months instead of just blanketing their lives with it like women often do from the time they’re sexually active to the time they hit menopause. I know that taking hormones for reproductive cancers and for gender transitioning can permanently destroy fertility so I hope they’ve done some long term tests to be sure this doesn’t.
    * I haven’t done any research into this so these could not be a real concern I don’t know. This is just my first reaction to it.

• Yay! I am glad that these pills are now available for men. 😜

• Wow, they fixed the issues and apparently we closer to the cure of aids Jesus.

• And so you don't tell her you're taking this... and she wonders why she's not getting pregnant... what do you do then?

• That could potentially be done by women now. (or men with vasectomies).

A relatively lower risk then the opposite, which also happens - people telling their partner they are taking a pill, when they're not.

• I think that's good for some but I know a lot of guys that are very forgetful haha

• You going to trust him to remember that? Girl,,,,

• Good take.

• Get ready to grow some tits or get testicular cancer! Welcome to the hormonal contraceptive club hehehe