Why do people automatically assume someone is lying when they honestly say their penis size and it's above average?

Anonymous
I get that there are a bunch of 12 year old on the internet that all say "my penis is 13 inches long", and that most of the time if you are online and someone makes a claim like that, or anything above the average, the normal response is normally "prove it".

I'm quite above the average and I know it (8.5" long, 5.7" around), and for the most part I try to keep from having conversations with my friends where that could have to be brought up. While online I'm ok with saying it because I'm really not connected to anything I say where people are going to remember it, and because of that I have been ok with proving it a few times. But I generally try and keep from giving any actual size when talking face to face.

But the reason why I ask is because me and my girlfriend ran out of condoms today, and I had to go buy some more. Normally, we order them over the internet because the specific kind that we buy isn't held in local stores, or even in the US. (I buy them from that theyfit site, FDA regulates condoms here to not be allowed to go over a 57mm diameter)

But when I picked up the biggest ones I could find (Which happened to be Magnums, they're slightly larger girth than most, but still pretty tight), and when I went to the checkout line the girl who scanned them actually looked at me and muttered "yeah right". I get that I'm short and fairly thin, but it seems incredibly out of the way to feel the need to make a remark because someone bought the bigger brand of condoms.

But why is it that people automatically assume that someone is lying when they say that they have a bigger penis?
4
3