Is a man giving gifts a form of prostitution?

hisangel
So someone asked on the site if a guy giving her a tattoo for free when she is sleeping with him is like prostitution. I noticed that a lot of people seemed to be very upset about the whole issue. When someone posted their opinion it was either received with a lot of up arrows or a lot down arrows. I received a lot of down arrows for my opinion. I'm not mad at all but I realized that I might have stumbled onto a subject that is very sensitive to either sex.

People are saying the originally poster is fake and the whole question is fake and that's fine but I am still curious to hear people's opinions on the subject.

I want to preface with saying that I don't think a man giving a woman a gift is prostitution at all! So please don't turn this into an opportunity to dump on the female sex or yell at another girl for her views. I am simply trying to hear what men and women think of the matter.

So gentlemen, is it offensive if a woman thinks you are giving her things for the sake of sex or is she correct? Have you ever given a woman a gift after she did something for you sexually? And if you did, what was your reasoning for it?

Girls have you ever felt, whether in a committed relationship or not, that a guy giving you a gift after sex was questionable? Or did you receive it knowing the heart it was giving in?

So everyone knows where I am coming from, I have been giving jewelry, by a man I was in a committed relationship with which he bought the night after we had a very, very nice time together in bed. I knew he wasn't paying me for it though. He always took care of me as we lived together and was very loving and respectful of me at all time. But I did think the gift was from what happened the night before. Not as payment, but as him saying he appreciated me. So that has colored my view on the issue.
Updates:
+1 y
Sorry, I meant to say gentlemen and ladies not gentlemen and girls.
+1 y
I'm sorry, I probably should have left the other posters issue out of this. I don't care if she is fake or not. That's fine. My question was more in general on whether men have ever bought their girlfriends jewelry for sex or whatever.
Is a man giving gifts a form of prostitution?
Add Opinion