Girls: Why the double standards about panties vs boxers?

Anonymous
I've wanted to try on panties just because I'm curious about it. For me it's not about cross-dressing at all. I guess it's mainly that it's taboo, and since I'm a masculine guy I thought it would be hot with the contrast of something feminine.

Some girls think the guy is gay if he wears panties, but I don't see how that's even remotely the case. Are girls who wear their boyfriend's boxers or men's shirts lesbian? Women can wear pants (used to be only for men) without being called cross-dressers, but a guy who just wants to try on panties is called gay and a cross-dresser?

As I mentioned, I feel that I'm pretty masculine. That's why I'd feel secure enough to wear panties. I wouldn't do that all the time, though, and I'd dress like a guy in general. Why should I be seen as feminine for trying on panties, if girls can wear pants, or wear their boyfriend's boxers and men's shirts without being called masculine? What's the big deal, ladies?
5
11