Would you circumcise your son or not?

I'm leaving the decision up to my husband but what would you guys do?

923

Most Helpful Guy

• If you truly look into there really are no benefits to it. Many articles say there are benefits but really they aren’t. Erectile dysfunction and many other things are due to circumcision because it damages so many blood vessels. The best thing to do is nothing and leave your kid the way they are supposed to be and if your kid decides to get it done as an adult then it’s his decision.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not unless there was a medical need to do so. I think it's kinda barbaric, I'm not gonna do it if there's other options.

What Guys Said 22

• Absolutely not. My wife and I have discussed it at length, and we both agree that routine infant circumcision is wrong and that we could never see ourselves subjecting a child to unnecessary surgery that will permanently alter their body.

• Also, I encourage you to do your own research, and not leave it up to your husband alone. Have a conversation with him about it. Of course I'd encourage you to leave your future son (s) intact, but I hope you can come to that conclusion on your own.

• Congrats! My wife and I are expecting too. Don't know the gender yet though. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

• Thanks! Congrats to you guys as well!!!

• Circumcision has it's benefits, but it's ultimately not my decision to make for another human being. If he really wanted to be circumcised, he could do it himself (you know, when he'd actually developed conscious thought). I wish I was afforded the same luxury.

Not that I want any kids - just hypothetically speaking.

• I'm not having kids but if I did I would never allow it.

• Nope. Male sexual mutilation of a minor is not my bag.

• No I wouldn't

• My dad wasn't circumcised, nor was I or my brothers.
    Our son isn't circumcised either.

• No. Never.

• No but the doctor would

• nah masturbating is harder with a circumcised pinus. I don't want my kids to go through that.

• I think uncircumcised is better

• Never! I think you don't have to make such an irreversible decision for an other human being. They'll probably hate you for this when growing up

• Honestly, I like being circumsized. Bacteria buildup in my foreskin would honestly have grossed me the fuck out.

• never

• No, I'll leave the decision for him to make when he's old enough.

• I would, I have been, and I would as it is practiced by my religion.

• I'd leave it up to the doctor

• No, that's his call to make, when he's an adult.

• No way, there's no need to mess with someone's body like that. Would you circumcise a girl? It sounds insane to me.

• Ya more hygeenitic

• have, all four of them.

• Never

• i would do it.

What Girls Said 8

• Never, unless it was a medical issue and for his future benefit. Even then, I would leave it as long as possible until he was old enough to decide for himself.

• You're cutting off a huge amount of nerve endings your son can never grow back, reducing his sexual response forever and reducing the sensitivity of the head of his penis, all without his permission. Just teach him proper hygiene, for Pete's sake, and if he wants to get circumsized when he's grown, he's free to.

• I would leave it up to my husband.

• I think leaving it up to the parent with the penis is a good call

• I would never do this to my son.

• Probably not not necessarily

• I would not, i find the practice to be cruel and unnecessary most of the time. If he wants to get it when he's older thats his choice. but its not mine. I have nothing against circumsized men but i just would never do it to my child.

• Nope. I wouldn't