I am super self conscious about my inner labia?

I am 18, and a very petite girl so my labia looks weird compared to the rest of my body. My inner labia hangs out of my outer labia by maybe a centimeter. It isn't wide or spread like flower petals it is just kind of long and narrow-ish. When I was younger I thought it was pretty and pink, but lately I have seen a lot of people call this type of vulva "roast beef" and it makes me hate it, and I am worried about what guys will say about it if they see it or if they'll spread rumors about it. I know there are websites calling it normal, but I don't feel pretty anymore because I feel like most guys want no inner labia showing. These jokes I see really hurt my feelings :( I've thought about this so much that I am actually contemplating surgery, but I am scared of having it botched. Do you think this type of labia is gross? Be honest please.

Most Helpful Guy

• At risk of sounding perverted... I say they're always fun to play with no mater what size or shape :D

Most Helpful Girl

• YOU ARE NORMAL. You need to understand something.. guys who criticize a woman's labia are usually the most inexperienced of guys because their own knowledge of what they look like come from porn stars who either naturally have teensy labia, or more likely - had labiaplasty. Women in porn are amped up to look nothing like the rest of the real world women, and have the phoniest hair, lashes, nails, makeup, and yes - labia. For some reason, the porn industry tapped in to a "look" that men seem to have not just accepted, but the inexperienced have come to expect - especially where our body parts are concerned. We don't all have those stiff, hard Double F boobs, and teeny-tiny waists. It's not normal. So it is, not normal for the labia to be cut.

Since it's given *boys* a wrong image of what to expect when they start their own sex lives, young women are then subjected to their criticism that is basically based on nothing except that they've blown their cover that what they know comes from porn. Real men who know how to respect a woman are going to realize that most women have labia that hangs anywhere from 1-6 cm.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/vagina-size

And even discolouration is common, just as discolouration is common with men's testicles. Our nipples aren't all pink, and neither is our labia.

And just a word of caution: labiaplasty has its risks, and can be costly. If I was a plastic surgeon and you wanted it done, I'd likely talk you out of it because 1cm is NORMAL. If anything - it's small! :)

What Guys Said 24

• 90% of guys will love ANY pussy, so you have nothing to worry about. And though I cannot guess the number of guys who prefer it long, what I have seen on here tells me that possibly the majority prefer it long. And I guarantee that I am one who prefers it that way. That makes you very sexy in that department!

• In all honesty it is hard to gauge by description. As bad as it sounds it is a visual thing. Overall, there are many types of vagina out there and men that like each type. While the tucked and neat look is the rage now it has not always been so and could change again. Like fashion trends.
    Sweetie, I could not give specifics off the description but I would say as long as you keep things clean and the scent and taste pleasant you will not have complaints. Most guys will just be happy to get there.

• Stop worrying about this. Guys don't think about this at all. You are perfect.

• My wife has a big inner labia. It's so sexy and exciting. You need to concentrate on enjoying. Your inner labia is great

• I think inner labia is hot, personally. I don't think any decent guy would look at you and go "hmmm... get rid of that." Also, DO NOT get labiaplasty, it almost always ends up botched or regretable. I know of one girl whose privates were just burning for the next 18 months. seriously, some cultures are just bad at promoting a healthy self-view of body image. really upsetting actually

• I can assure, do NOT worry about it. The chances that you get a guy that cares is probably 1 in a million and at that point tell him to fuck off.

Just try to be happy and proud with what you've got... more guys will be than not.

• You have the perfect inner labia, it's exactly what most guys want!

• personally i think its extremely sexy

• it's not gross. it's hot.

• You're Fine girl

• Many many many women have that same issue.
    Yes, men do jokes about it. But in reality, nobody really care. Even if it's only about sex and that you're hot, hardly anybody cares.

• Guys make jokes about everything! ignore girls in porn who have no showing labia as they often edit it away and most girls have the same type of skin you are talking about. A guy who likes you will want to be in it or be licking it so don't worry Hun! really!!! do not worry! x

• I have had surgery for the connective thing under my tongue, I have had 2 moles removed, and currently I'm saving up the money for gynecomastia surgery since my nipples have grown and they ruin the shape of my chest. The most important part is finding a doctor you trust. I know of one I'm going to fly to see him for my surgery. Do what makes you happy, if you want to get it clipped the do so but remember that yes, some doctors can do a bad job which is why it's important to do your research.

• I love roast beef

• your body you must dedicate to some you love someone who respects that not to anyone you are unique if I would be your boyfriend I would never put you in this situation as every boy should do for Thier girlfriend

• I'm going to tell you the straight up truth you shouldn't get surgery because pussy is pussy and any guy will still want it and like it any straight guy anyways

• please dont be ashamed every vagina is different and thats the beauty size ranges be comfortable and confident and it will take you far

• I got a hard reading this

• umm I wouldn't care tbh. . .

• I don't think it's gross, I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it if you didn't point it out. And no guy is going to complain anyway as long as they are getting to see a labia lol.

• nah, it's totally fine and normal

• no but other guys might not think the same as me

• Believe it or not most guys don't actually care
    90% of the time they won't be seeing your vag
    They are going to be too busy with it.

& there are some guys out there who like how labia looks, Labia looks hot to me so don't worry

• No, problem men never care about it

What Girls Said 3

• Honey your body is perfect just the way it is. Just because some dumb boys make dumb boy jokes doesn't make you any less perfect.

• You're got it exactly backwards. You're going to find out from experience soon enough that most guys like that. You won the labia lottery. Don't change it. :)

• I have a similar situation with my lady parts. I felt like my labia was too large and that I would be criticized for it when I became sexually engaged. It was not until my fiancĂ© and I engaged in sexual activity that I realized that I am completely normal. I finally understood that each body is made slightly different and that we should be proud of what we have. Also, if anyome decides to judge you on such a minor detail, they DO NOT need to be apart of your life.