Do you care how many sexual partners your significant other has had in the past?

623

What Guys Said 23

• I think MOST guys DO care about the number of sexual partners you've had. They don't so much care whether or not you're a virgin, so much as you not sleeping with the entire football team. Yes, for me, it matters. It's an automatic deal breaker for many men

• I thought it mattered to guys as well. I know it matters to me, and I was just curious to see how many others agreed. What number of different sexual partners would be the absolute minimum?

• The number combined with the context is important. 2 people is definitely not a lot, but 2 random men you've hooked up with in a bathroom stall at a bar? Context is also important.

• I agree. 2 people as in two relationships, or 2 people as in random people from the club. I can definitely see your point there.

• definitely. i think this goes beyond the context of a rship between 2 people. it is also for my own safety incase of diseases.

• No not really

• Everyone has a past, things they might not be proud of etc. But I think people have to go through these things in order to grow sometimes. Whatever brings a person to a better place or a better version of themselves can only be a good thing. if someone is only about sex you will figure them out soon enough.

• I like your perspective.

• At my age, yes. Since I'm 15, I'd most likely expect my girlfriend to be virgin.

• Would you date one who wasn't?

• Hmm... I suppose if she lost her virginity to someone she dated for a few months. I don't really want to be with someone who practices casual sex.

• Good point of view. Keep up with that.

• At my age, no. When I was younger it mattered. Back then it was a possessive thing and I wanted nobody to know what she was like sexually other than me.

Now I found I enjoy sharing my woman with a stranger from time to time to have a MMF threesome. In my youth I would have never even considered doing this. Now I understand it is all about having very erotic sex as long as she is the one who brings it up first and also enjoys it. It does add an interesting dimension to our sex life together.

It took me a while to realize I am not the only guy she has had sex with. So rather than getting all worked up over something nobody can change I found a way to have erotic fun with it, provided she is a willing participant.

Just because a woman has been with several guys does not mean she is going to keep doing it once in a committed relationship. Heck, I have had sex with over 70 women (stopped counting at 63) and am faithful when in a relationship, even if we are just dating at first.

• Yeeeesss... All men do.

• What is considered too many?

• That depends on your age, but a good rule of thumb is this: Take your age. Subtract 15. Multiply by 1.5. Round up if necessary. Let's call that X. If the number of guys you had is greater than X, then that's a problem.

So, for example:
      AGE = 16
      X=2

AGE = 17
      X = 3

AGE = 18
      X = 5

AGE = 19
      X = 6

• I see your point! I agree

• Yes. Not gonna date a hoe. Ever.

• Not really.

• no because that's there past and none of my business

• Yes of course

• Yes..

• yup
    definitely matters
    not into sluts at all

• What do you consider too many sexual partners?

• I apologize for that inconvenience and I wish you the best of luck.

• same to you

• health before sex, soo no I don't care as long as your health is there.

• yes. I dont want a chick that everyone has fucked.. makes me look like a clown if I date her

• Not at all, everyone has a past

• Why if the past proceeds into the present or the future?

• Yea but that would be a different thing, if things were to creep up on then that would then effect me would bother me, but a number of past people wouldn't

• Good point.

• Most of the guys doesn't care about it but few cares about it...

• Yup I sure do. I don't want a ho for a girlfriend.

Or actually you know what maybe after I find out how many guys she slept with I'll match what she had while we date.

I mean it's only fair right?

• Not really.

• Well, yes. Especially around your and my age. If you're 17 and you've slept with more than 3 or 4 guys, then that can definitely be a factor. Would I still date the person? That depends on the person and how much I like her.

• That was my point of view as well.

• Yeah, the older you are, the less I think it matters. At this age it is pretty important.

• I agree. 17 and 10 partners is way different than 50 and 10 partners

• no, more the merrier

• Nope

• YES!
    Your past can tell a lot about what your future will be.

• Yes. It says a lot about the person

What Girls Said 6

• yes.
    If he had slept with more than a handful of people in the past, especially on casual terms, I wouldn't be interested in him.

• What if it was many years before and he no longer does it?

• we started dating when we were 21 so.. if he'd managed to fuck 5 different girls while that young, not interested. Doesn't matter if he no longer doesn't or not as the fact that he'd done it at any point in time would mean that our views on sex are way too contrasting.

• Understandable. Thanks for your input!!

• I haven't asked him, I do not care. I know he wasn't a virgin before me, but that's about all I need to know.

• Nope.

• Yea, I just don't want it to be a ridiculous amount

• no i have a lot! lol

• I had 7 sex partners so I don't think I will care about his past