Are some people just uneducated about sex, even as adults?

I constantly see questions on this site asking "Could I be pregnant even though I was on my period/not ovulating/other?" I'm just curious to see if people don't realize that unprotected sex is just that. Unprotected. There is always a chance of pregnancy, even if it's slim chances. I wouldn't be surprised to see this type of question asked by a teenager, but more often than not it is asked by someone 18+.

And I don't mean that these people are stupid, I just think they should be aware if they are adults and having sex. Right? Why don't they know these things?

In my opinion, if you are having sex, you should be aware of the possibilities of pregnancy and catching sexually transmitted infections and diseases. If you are unaware of such things, you aren't ready to be having sex.

What do you all think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many of them have no clue what they are talking about and are the first ones that want to give advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not only do I think there is a total lack of proper sex ed in some countries of the West, I believe that some Asian countries are almost bereft of any knowledge.

What Guys Said 3

• Like this question I saw yesterday "he wore a condom and didn't cum, could I be pregnant?"

Honestly...

• Of course, esp. with the US being one of the most sexually restrictive countries.

• Sometimes some people get drunk and they don't know what happenned

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes they are trolling.

But I also heard that some places in the USA only teach abstinence only and they don't really teach sex Ed at all in the Middle East

• yes, i think is very important to know some things.