I discovered that my boyfriend had texted an escort. He claims he never planned to hook up. Truth/ BS?

Anonymous
A few months ago I caught my boyfriend with a text to an escort, inquiring about how many girls worked that particular number, and even went as far to say that he was aware of Summer and Monica, (their names) The girl replied saying two escorts worked that number, and there were no further texts exchanged between them.

When I confronted him about it, he desperately tried to convince me that he NEVER intended on sleeping with one of them, because if he had, the texts would have shown evidence of this. That he simply had been browsing the Craigslist ads at work, as a replacement for p*rn, because p*rn wasn't accessible on his phone. I have no evidence that my boyfriend actually cheated on me, and I am wondering if, from a males perspective, its possible that his story could really pan out.

It really hurts me to think that this could have been an idea that he was entertaining, and I'm trying my best to forgive him, but its really affected my trust and confidence. Please help!
2
1