What's best way of giving birth?

What's best way of giving birth??
  • Vaginal delivery
  • C-section
*What's the best way of giving birth?
can a moderator fix this?

1914

Most Helpful Girl

• Both have pros and cons, risks and benefits. It's usually best to make the choice that has the lowest risk level in your particular situation. If a vaginal birth will be riskier for a particular woman than a C-section would be for her, then it's probably best for her to choose the C-section. But if someone has no medical reason to choose a C-section, then they probably shouldn't, because surgeries always come with added risks. Women should talk to their doctors and choose whatever option seems best for their situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Vaginal is the ideal and optimal, but medical circumstances and requirements really do dictate. To choose a C-section "just because" would seem both peculiar and reckless.

Happily, all three of my kids were delivered vaginally - with the first one born at home at the suggestion of a friend of my girlfriend. I was a little squeemish about the whole idea, but I didn't feel that I could say "no" to something that my girlfriend wanted to do that involved her body. So we tried it and I have to say that in many ways it proved to be a moving and beautiful experience.

Ultimately, though, as we thought it over, we realized the risks if something went wrong and so for the younger two kids, we went the traditional rout of a hospital.