Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*What's the best way of giving birth?
can a moderator fix this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Both have pros and cons, risks and benefits. It's usually best to make the choice that has the lowest risk level in your particular situation. If a vaginal birth will be riskier for a particular woman than a C-section would be for her, then it's probably best for her to choose the C-section. But if someone has no medical reason to choose a C-section, then they probably shouldn't, because surgeries always come with added risks. Women should talk to their doctors and choose whatever option seems best for their situation.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Vaginal is the ideal and optimal, but medical circumstances and requirements really do dictate. To choose a C-section "just because" would seem both peculiar and reckless.

Happily, all three of my kids were delivered vaginally - with the first one born at home at the suggestion of a friend of my girlfriend. I was a little squeemish about the whole idea, but I didn't feel that I could say "no" to something that my girlfriend wanted to do that involved her body. So we tried it and I have to say that in many ways it proved to be a moving and beautiful experience.

Ultimately, though, as we thought it over, we realized the risks if something went wrong and so for the younger two kids, we went the traditional rout of a hospital.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• why are you asking?
    I prefer to give birth naturally, and preferably with someone who is supportive and loving.
    Not someone who is arrogant, a know it all and has little faith in my ability to give birth.

0|1
    0|0
    • I just want know which way is the better and safer way.
      Thanks for sharing your opinion.

• Vaginal delivery, no matter how painful it is, i'd still wish it'll be my case if I ever have a baby. It's the natural healthy way, and it heals faster. C-section is actually more painful in the process of healing, and takes longer.

0|1
    0|0
  • C section is more dangerous for the baby, but more safe for the mother. Vaginal is less dangerous for the baby, more dangerous for the mother. Just depends how greedy or loving the mother really is.

0|1
    1|0
  • Natural delivery is safer, and it also has benefits for the baby. I'd definitely get an epidural though.

0|2
    0|0
    • @JulieXO Having seen my sister @Kaylyne give birth naturally last Oct. without any form of pain relief, I would definitely agree with you.

• Whichever way you wanna do it as long as it doesn’t kill you

(Breached babies have to be through C section)

0|1
    1|0
    • Nope. Does not have to be, though safest and preferred. My wife was in labor getting ready to deliver vaginally with me there, and that is when they discovered my daughter was presenting breech. They quickly decided to go C-section, but this was in a small city hospital and before the anesthesiologist could get there, my daughter was on the way out. All went well, she was a breech with no real complications.

• @Red_Arrow I said have to because lot of the time it can harm the baby and or mom. My sister was almost born breached but she turned before any harm was done

• There can be risks or complications to both and sometimes a doctor will recommend one over the other, but since the dawn of time since vaginal has worked, I’ll go with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its best to stay away from invasive procedures (under the knife) unless as a last resort.
    If your scared of the pain you can get an epidural

0|1
    0|0
  • id prefer a natural delivery whenever the time comes

0|2
    0|0
  • Which ever method delivers the mother and baby the safest.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, since our bodies are designed to deliver vaginally, I would say that's the best in most cases.

0|1
    0|0
  • C-section oh my godd you guys are cray cray

1|1
    0|0
  • Vaginal delivery is usually the best.

0|2
    0|0
  • Vaginal delivery i'd say.

0|1
    0|0
  • VCAB

0|0
    0|0
  • don't

0|1
    0|0
  • Natural of course if possible

0|1
    0|0
  • Natural birth.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. In some cases, a C-section is necessary for both baby and mom (usually in an emergency) and it is generally considered the safest way, though it is suggested to have no more than 4 children this way and V-backs after are considered seriously high risk because the mom could reopen the scar from the abdominal pressure...
    Vaginal delivery can be healthy for the mom and baby as well as it allows the baby to have mucus expelled from his/her lungs and the mom doesn’t have to think about the risks of reopening the scar at some point... Though this is sometimes not possible as it proposes safety risks to mothers with certain placental issues (like it grew over the bottom of the womb or did not come out in one piece) or the baby needs to be delivered immediately (for example, if the cord is wrapped around his/her neck).
    Sorry, this is really detailed... but I thought you might like to know a bit about both of the risks and health benefits...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Vaginal in about 95% of all cases. The body was naturally designed for this. C-section only for life and death extreme cases. Its sad at how something as natural and beautiful as birth has become such a huge medical driven thing now days. There are clinics now that "schedule" C-section births so as to be a convenience factor for some women.

0|0
    0|0
  • vaginal birthing is definitely the best way if it is possible. too many hospitals push c-sections because they can fit it into a schedule but there are definitely situations where C-sections are necessary for a variety of reasons

but vaginal delivery is best, especially for the baby

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say vaginal, but this is not always possible. So, I'd be inclined to say that the safest way for the baby and mother, given any extenuating circumstances. Every birth is different, every mother is different, every baby is different... it must be dealt with on a case-by-case basis

0|0
    0|0
  • If a C-Section is necessary, ok, but I've seen a few nasty scars from C-Sections.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it was having my wife do it. 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely through the vagina

0|1
    0|0
  • Butthole births

0|0
    0|0
  • The safest way.