Choosing the gender of your baby?

With all the advancements in science and technology would you may soon be able to select the gender of your child. You can do it now with about a 90% success rate but it cost close to $30,000. If you could choose the gender of your child would you or not and why?Choosing the gender of your baby?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’d choose a girl first. My little mini-me :)
    But if im blessed witha boy first, i’ll be just as lucky :D plus ima tomboy at heart so we’ll get along great haha

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I most likely would choose. Aside from my phyisiology, i don't share many traits with my sex. People always say how I'm not like other guys because of my interests and such... I would say choosing a daughter would allow me to connect better with my child.

0|0
    0|0
    • So it would benefit you

• Show All
    • How many would you want

• @Ryan245 I wouldn't say benefit per say, but it would make things a lot easier when considering a meaningful relationship. I was never close to my father. I love him to death, but I was just never buddy buddy with him or wanted to do things with him. I always went to my mom. Even now I still do. I guess I want to be something like that to my child. I want to be both a parent to them and someone that they can confide in.
      I would be fine with 1 child. If I were to have 2, i would like a boy and a girl. Girls are problematic when they grow up if they aren't nurtured properly or taught better, and boys are rather unruly or rowdy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• I don't know that's a thing that I feel I'd get judge to hard on. I'd like my child to be healthy which science can help with. Avoiding bad mutations and cancer in the the genes, but then it turns into, do I stop there? Do I choose what gender I want afterward? I don't know, but if I did, I'd prefer a boy, because girls are too much, even being one is a constant hassle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I don't have that kind of money. Plus, while I want one of each at least, I'd love all my children no matter their gender. I'd be Molly Weasley up in this bitch, making sweaters for all of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what a lot of people do with in vitro fertilization right? The eggs are already fertilized and they can test and pick out which gender they want. I remember Chrissy Teigen getting a lot of hate for announcing that she decided to have a baby girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. I think I would like to have a surprise. Last ultrasound we chose to find the sex of the baby to prepare for the bedroom and clothes. But nice being pregnant and not knowing until it comes "time for baby" to prepare. Just my experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think this is morally correct in most cases. Exceptions being for example, if there was a prostate cancer gene, changing the gender of the baby to female would prevent that from possibly showing up in a boy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. Purely because i see no reason why you would other than vanity.

Plus this isn't a new thing, i was learning about this in primary school, 8 years ago.

0|1
    0|0
  • That sounds crazy I can't imagine finding out I was born and someone chose for me what I was gonna be. I'd probably be pissed my whole life I was a guy instead of a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not. Some things science shouldn't interfere with.

2|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t want to choose the gender of my children, it takes out the excitement of the mystery. It also seems like a huge waste of money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather the gender happen naturally. I really don't believe in altering genetics and making your own choice as this quesiton is asking.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't choose. It's morally wrong. Plus I don't want a baby with possible defects

0|1
    0|0
  • Seems like a waste. It would be lost resources; we could use all that time and money for cancer research.

0|1
    0|0
  • It sounds kinda cool but I wouldn't want to do it myself. I like the idea of not being able to choose.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will not do it. I'd let nature decide, as it should be.
    Even though I only want boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • No god decides that and iam not going to interfere with his work

1|0
    0|0
  • Weird and pointles. I'd rather let the nature decide.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if I actually wanted a baby. Female defiantly.

0|0
    0|0
  • no thank you... I will take what the good Lord gives me

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love twins of both gender.
    I mean one boy and one girl, both twins.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pass, I don't want a science baby.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 4

• If I HAD to, I’d want a daughter and a son. If I had to choose a specific gender for my child, probably a daughter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't mess with the balance of nature. Nothing good will come from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Call me old fashioned but I wouldn't car if i had a boy or girl as long as they are healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its more fun to be surprised!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes