How to be comfortable with husband watching films with nudity?

We have been married 15 years and have 2 children. Early in our relationship I was comfortable having porn in the house. I even had my own Penthouse subscription and purchased Maxim for him. I don't know where or when the switch flipped, but I can't tolerate it anymore. It bothers me knowing he is ogling another woman on screen nude. I don't think I look bad. I could certainly look better. I'm not thrilled with my breast size... it used to not bother me at all. I know everyone keeps saying it's your self-esteem, blah blah blah, but really, the more analyzing I do, and I feel like my husband is to blame. I have been called nasty things in arguments such as old hag, been told I'm not a looker, names, etc., and there just have been enough nice things said about me to counter all the bad. I don't feel like he finds me attractive; therefore, it angers me that he sits back and ogles all these perfect looking women right in front of me. I tell him some compliments from time-to-time would be nice, but he just blows me off and says that he doesn't want to be with a woman who needs complimenting. How do women deal with this with their husbands? How do you guys not have a problem watching your husband drool over some woman with huge breast? My man barely notices mine even during sex, so how am I not supposed to feel inadequate?

531

Most Helpful Guy

• When someone tries to stop their partner from having natural human fantasy is wrong and abusive.

Female fantasy is generally mental and based on emotion, romance, and sex. So women fantasize by stimulating thought, by reading a book or watching a movie about romance, love, and even sex. This is how women fantasize and how women get off.

Males fantasy is visual and based on sex. So porn is the same for males as a female watching a chick flick or reading a steamy novel.

YOU trying to force him to stop something he can not stop because it makes YOU feel bad is wrong and abusive. If he gave you an ultimatum and tried to force you to stop having mental fantasy you know you couldn't do it. You can't simply shut off the brain. It would be wrong for him to even suggest it.

The major difference between female fantasy and male fantasy is that when a male looks at porn he does NOT compare his partner to the person in the video. We focus on small aspects of the video we like, for example, the way a body part moves or looks. It has nothing to do with the girl even. Sometimes it's even the way the guy's penis throbs as it's unloading inside a vagina.
    We don't take our fantasy and put false expectations onto you. We don't compare. YOU assume we do because as a female you compare yourself to other females constantly. We do NOT.

Female fantasy does actually push false expectations onto your partner. Women watch romance movies, make their partner watch them with her, then say shit like "You should be more like that" or "I wish you did those things for me" etc. Putting bullshit expectations from your fantasy onto us.

SO leave him alone with his fantasy, stop trying to shame it and stop it. It has NOTHING to do with you. If he knew what it was you thought about to get yourself off, he would likely cringe at the thought. (Especially since the most common female fantasy is the forced by a stranger "rape" fantasy)

• I appreciate your thoughts; however, I feel like we have drifted far off topic. I don’t so much have an issue with porn. In fact, I would enjoy watching it with him, as the intent would be to both get something out of it. Romance movies do shit for me, so I reckon I am not the norm. I rather get turned on viewing porn. My issue, is that when viewing the movie, tv series, Netflix etc., there is always the token nude woman. It angers me that he is always getting visually pleasured, and then can’t extend the occasional kind comment towards me. I reckon it could be coined as jealous but at times it just makes me mad. I’m not trying to suppress his fantasy etc., I just think that if you are going to constantly see a fully nude woman, often right in front of your significant other, perhaps it would be nice to tell her that you love her breasts, she’s hot, gorgeous etc. Of course I got all kinds of attention for my breasts while breast feeding my infant…cause they were bigger. Now I cannot ev

• Well, the idiots who whine about dress codes in the schools will generally say men are distracted by shoulders and dumb shit like that. Beyond retarded assumption.
      Women assume we watch porn for the girl in the video. Generally Not true.
      They assume men stare at girls because we are aroused by them. Also not true.
      Things like these are common misconceptions women have.

Yeah some males like tits and are turned on by tits (generally it's the pigs who are aroused by practically anything or guys who haven't see many women naked.)

Most males are turned on by a females interest in them. A females desire or need to turn him on. In porn, it's usually the enthusiasm of the female, Her reactions, the way certain muscles move or sounds being made.

Why do they keep putting tits in movies... I don't know. So adolescent males will get to see tits? maybe?

• Your response got me to laugh-out-loud, thanks for that. You are very to-the-point!! Thanks for sharing.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG I'm guessing that your husband doesn't get much from you in the bedroom and it's not your fault.
    he should be making you feel like the sexiest woman alive but instead he insults you by calling you names during arguments, name calling is never right.
    your husband doesn't know how to fight fair and it's getting to the point where his apologies mean nothing.
    I've had to tell my husband that if he wants to ogle at other women to do it more discreetly because it makes me feel insecure about my body. This is understandable because I'm an almost 40 mother of three.
    I'm with you on this and your husband needs to be so much more understanding than he is.
    My husband has since changed for the better and I hope yours does too.