Male birth control gel?

Usually after about eight to 12 weeks of gel applications, the hormone therapy lowers the man's sperm count to levels that are effective as birth control. By that point, the testosterone the men are getting in daily gel applications provides most of the body with its proper dose of sex hormones. By interrupting normal hormone production processes in the testicles.
What do you think about this?
www.businessinsider.com/male-birth-control-shoulder-rub-tested-couples-worldwide-2018-6Male birth control gel?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This looks really awesome, actually. Little amount of side effects, and less risk of affecting your inner organs like the pill does for women. I like it, it provides even more security against undesired pregnancy đź‘Ź

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I feel like something like this would be a big step towards equality

• Show All
    • I agree, but it's difficult to plan and prepare them

• Pm me if you want to try to get something going

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Excellent. I like more options being out there.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don’t believe in screwing with your hormones. It’s really really bad for you. I am therefore opposed to hormonal birth control of all gender varieties.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s the same principle as the female birth control. It’s most likely gonna have some side effects too - the pill can cause thrombosis and embolisms into the brain for example.

0|0
    0|0
    • The pill actually has some testosterone along with the estrogen enough to balance out most of the side effects

• Show All
    • Yeah but so far there are no major side effects know

• I feel like something like this would be a big step towards equality

• It's kind of early in the study however it seems ok enough. Some precautions need to be done (no touching 4 hrs after application to not transfer to others) and it takes about 12 weeks for it to reach the wanted effects. Plus that the long term side effects are not known.

However it is an easy enough thing to apply, and gives another chance of birth control. I think that's neat.

Having children is a joint responsibility but I don't think it's a necessity to have male birth control for equality to exist in our society.
    If nothing else, the focus should be that the only thing the guys have is a 15% risk as an alternative (condom) unless we're talking vasectomies. This gives another option and that is a great thing!

0|0
    0|0
  • Would the sperm count rise again after the gel wasn't being administered anymore? It seems like this sort of thing could permanently damage the reproduction system...

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes it would go back to normal

• Show All
    • I think something like this would be a big step towards equality don’t you agree?

• I agree with you. Males should take responsibility as much as females.

• Hell no, that's disrupting the body's natural functions. why would you purposely want to lower your sperm count? That's ridiculous and I feel like that will have some negative reproductive effects.

Why is it so hard for people to either just wait or use protection instead putting this stuff into their body's that's basically causing havoc to stop them from producing an egg or sperm? I'm 26, not on birth control, and still haven't gotten pregnant.

Not getting pregnant isn't as hard as people make it out to be while getting pregnant is struggle for a lot couples.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's great (in theory). I often meet more guys afraid of having kids than women so they should take birth control. They should be responsible for their bodies as well. I don't wanna hear whining about the side effects because you could ask just a handful of women and several will say they have had complications. Spotting for months, weight gain, infertility, irritability, and so much more.

It takes two to make a child, so if it's important for a couple to prevent pregnancy they should take every step they can.

If we have to do, I don't see any problem with men at least trying it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably would want him to get condoms , those prevent STDs as well

0|0
    0|0
  • i would never trust it in my body, condom or no penetration allowed

0|0
    0|0
  • Good idea

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that's a great option to have

0|1
    0|0
  • Uhhh no.. Don't mess with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't sound like it's worth it honestly.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree it takes way to long to become effective that’s it biggest downside

• Show All
    • You to I appreciate your perspective as well even though I may not agree. I’m glad we could come to a agreement without it turning into a big argument.

• As am I.

• hope it doesn't harm in the long term

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Could it be just another chemical that destroys embryos?

Anyway, if you're promiscuous, stick to condom. Apart from pregnancy, it may prevent STD.

(If you are committed and monogamous, IUDs is a better option.)

0|0
    0|0
  • I got a vasectomy, but if I hadn't I'd probably go for male birth control of whatever kind.

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds horrible

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes