Should I tell him he gave me an STD?

Anonymous
So I had a best friend that I grew up with. He's a baseball star and everything and he's going to go pro one day. We always hung out as just friends since we were little. About a month ago he told me how in love he was with me and that he was going to marry me one day. I didn't want that at all! I mean that's usually how it happens but I felt like it'd be better if he waited a little longer like till we were almost graduated from college to say any of that to me. I love him just as my best friend right now. After he told me that, we had a few drinks and he kissed me out of nowhere. I was like "nooo this is weird!" but it felt so right and we ended up going all the way... We're still friends and we still talk all the time and it's not awkward at all. This was a month ago. Two weeks after having sex, I noticed things were wrong with me. Turns out I was diagnosed with Genital herpes Type I. I found this out yesterday and I know for a fact that he's the one who gave it to me because the time before him that I had sex was like 6 months before. I don't sleep around, I'm not a dirty girl, and I take good care of myself! I'm okay with it now because I just have to keep my immune system strong and keep my stress down and exercise and hopefully an outbreak won't appear. My only problem now, is wondering if I should tell him or not... Do you think he already knew? If I should tell him, how do I tell him? What do I say? I'm going to feel so embarassed! I don't know what to do and I can't talk to anybody else for advice because they'll just turn around tell somebody and I don't want anybody to know about this! Only person who knows is my mom and my cousin! Please help, what do I do?
Should I tell him he gave me an STD?
Add Opinion