My little sis is 13 she ask to teach her about sex should i?

• Yes safe sex is fun sex
    Vote A
  • No let her learn on her own
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• The options you put weren't the best but I think you should tell her about the raw reality of sex. Don't be explicit with her, don't give her a speech of how to get laid and all the Kamasutra book. Only cover the biological aspects, and other things that has to do with the risk of having sex and how risky it is at her age, not only biologically, but also psychologically and financially.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, of course you should help her learn. Little sisters have been relying on older sisters for sex-ed for centuries.

I would encourage her to read "Our Bodies, Ourselves" or go to their website to study various things.

Scarleteen. com is excellent

And she can always come here and ask me questions to if she wants. You can always PM with YOUR questions as well.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, definitely. Its better to know than not. Imagine if she catches an STD with a guy. It's better to prevent things.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is your parent's job two talked with little sister when she a little older then thirteen. Two know about sex even safe sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should. If she wants to learn about Safe Sex now, then you should teach her

0|1
    0|0
  • well if she asked it means she is curious so teach her about being safe first

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u should teach her otherwise she might get wrong knowledge from somewhere

0|0
    0|0
  • I learned when I was 6 what sex was, and how it happens! The earlier the better!!

0|0
    0|0
  • She could do some research on scarleteen. com

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure sex ed is very important

0|1
    0|0
  • Isn't that what school and parents are for?

0|0
    0|0
  • This is so awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Yes! As a health educator I 100% support talking about sex. Some can say that it's "the parents job" but I learned a lot more about sex from my friends and siblings than I did from my parents. Sometimes it's just too uncomfortable for kids to talk to their parents and that's totally okay- but they do need to learn from somewhere!

0|1
    0|0
  • It's important to teach kids these things, but if you feel uncomfortable doing it, maybe there's someone else you could think of? Also, if you decide to start teaching her, revision never hurts, just in case! Remember not to be shameful about it though. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • My little sis is 13 she ask to teach her about sex should i?

0|0
    0|0
  • By that age she's okay to know everything, but if you don't want to then she'll find out herself in the future. Either way it's no big deal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Answer her questions, but reinforce the consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • What could go wrong?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes