Why is circumcision of boys accepted, but not circumcision of girls?

it makes me so angry when people say its fine to remove a guy's foreskin but not a girl's clitoral hood, like what is the difference? I got circumcised and I hate it, but I feel like it shouldn't be accepted as well.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I'd agree that circumcision should only be done with the consent of the person being circumcised. But there is a difference between male and female circumcision. Female circumcision is done so the female won't feel pleasure during sex. It will effect her sex life forever. Male circumcision can cause damage, but it's not the norm and it's not the intention behind it.

1|1
    0|0
    • 7d

I meant removing a girl clitoral hood like the foreskin of the penis. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't remove completely the female sexual pleasure as well.

Also circumcision was meant to reduce sexual pleasure as in a way to prevent masturbation.

• Show All
    • 7d

that's excision which is really terrible indeed. What I was talking about wasn't really excision.

• 7d

They've done tests and it does remove sexual pleasure.

• Female genital mutilation is far more life-changing than male circumcision, and the WHO is working to get it stopped. Maybe once it has succeeded it will start on male circumcision, which is an unnecessary procedure when carried out for purely cultural or religious reasons.

0|2
    0|0
    • 7d

Its unfortunate that wherever the WHO stops female circumcision in primitive places where it is often carried out in a back alley with rusty dull razor blades boys are also circumcised in this places yet the WHO doesn't feel like its a big deal when boys are circumcised in such unhygienic and unmedical ways.

• Had this argument many times on GAG. Neither forms of circumcision is acceptable, unless for real medical reasons.

2|1
    0|0
    • 7d

if it isn't acceptable, why I got circumcised then?

• 7d

It depends on if you chose to have it done or your parents chose for you.

If you chose to have it done, that is your right, and no one cares.

If your parents chose for you, would it not have been better to wait until you could chose for yourself?

Childhood male circumcision is usually carried out for dubious reasons. Hygiene being the most prevalent. That is bullshit, as EVERY uncut guy can keep himself clean. It is no big effort!

• 4d

my parents did it

• I don't find either tolerable, but that's me. As for why female genital mutilation is more looked down upon is because it's blatently used to control female sexuality. Whereas one can argue hygine for male gential mutilation.

0|3
    0|0
    • 7d

yeah I think a lot use the hygiene argument for it, for some reasons, I don't know if its really more difficult to keep it cleaner.

• Show All
    • 7d

You said the same thing I was going to. It's an old argument, but the historical foundation of the male circumcision is definitely less evil than the female circumcision. The latter is purely social engineering and dominance

• 4d

@Grond21 yeah it really is

What Guys Said 6

• Circumcision is derived from religious tradition and can have health benefits. While some say it limits sexual pleasure, not enough to matter.
    Clitoridectomy has no religious tradition except to oppress women, no health benefits and denies a women a lot of sexual pleasure. I do not intend to explore this further with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • They don’t just cut the hood. They cut out the whole clit

2|0
    0|2
    • 7d

I meant only the hood in this example.

• Show All
    • 7d

I gave you my answer little boy

• 7d

I see, a stupid answer, from a stupid opinion owner then!

• it's one of those "it has just always been like that" situations.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well for one female circumcision is designed to eradicate sexual pleasure and usually causes chronic pain. Male circumcision is the removal of the foreskin and has no known affects on the male capability to enjoy sex.

I am circumcised , never had an issue with it. I find those who complain the most are women and uncircumcised men.

If you don’t agree with it, don’t have it done to your son. I choose not to have it done to my sons. Not because it’s cruel , it just not really needed. I don’t go on some SJW crusade. I mind my own business.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I'm circumcised and I don't enjoy it, its not only women and uncut guys.

• 4d

I never said enjoy, what issue has it presented to you. And I said those who complained to most where the uncut and women. Never said cut guys didn’t have an opinion.

• its all bad

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont accept either of them...

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

it really shouldn't !

Recommended myTakes