Can you be pregnant even though your 'period' started on time?

Hello everyone!
So, I've had unprotected sex on the first day of my last period, which started on 06/11 and ended on the 11th. The other times my boyfriend and I used condoms, especially around the time I was supposed to ovulate, etc.
I told myself that if I miss my next period, I'd wait one more day and buy a pregnancy test. My period was supposed to start on 03/12 and also did on time. Just to mention: I didn't have ovulation or 'implantation' bleeding (potential early pregnancy sign) in between. My period started off light brown and increased in flow and color (to a dark red) during the day... and now at day 6 the bleeding is very light, a dark brown/light pinkish color. Everything is as always, except the back pain and slight bloating.
My question now: Could it be possible that I'm pregnant nonetheless? I highly doubt it because I know that it is technically imposisble for a pregnant woman to have a real period and shed her uterine lining, since her uterine lining is supposed to thicken up and the second half of the blastoporus is supposed to grow into the placenta... however I know that light vaginal bleeding can occur in some women during pregnancy?
What are your thoughts on this? Should I still consider taking a pregnancy test after my 'period'? I might just overthinking everything but I can't help it at the moment - Sorry! :-/
2d
P. S.: I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Implantation bleeding doesn't last anywhere near 6 days.
    2 days tops, and the color is never "dark red".
    It's very minor, most women won't even notice the related symptoms.

• 5d

Yup, that's true and I agree! Thats's why I didn't think it was implantation bleeding and thought it was my regular period but whatever, I think I'm gonna test on Monday and find out. Thanks for your answer!