I didn't have a period for 5 months. Why might this be?

My last period began on July 10th. It is now December 8th (five months later) and I've finally gotten another period. Why might my body skip it for 5 months in a row?

- I'm not pregnant
- I'm not anorexic or underweight
- I've had irregular periods in the past, but never skipped more than two months at a time.

I have an appointment to see a doctor soon that was made a month ago... Just my luck that I have my period now. It's like magic.

86

Most Helpful Guy

• (Under 18)
    Time to ask your doctor if you really want an answer.
    There's no doctor on Gag.

• It'd be nice if there were though XD

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm also in that case! No matter what they tell you, insist and tell them you want something done. Your body needs to ovulate every month. Otherwise, in the long run, this may affect your fertility and could cause hormonal issues, eg uterus cancer (i dont know the correct term in English my bad). I had the same issue and most doctors kept telling me "it's normal, blabla" until one doctor was so worried and had me undergo tests to see wassup 😂

• I'm worried the doc will just tell me I'm fine, but I want to get my fertility checked out and know that things are alright. Most healthy people don't go 5 months without ovulating. I just hope whichever doctor I see doesn't tell me the basics of "eat healthy and exercise..." If they start that crap, I'll insist the cause should be looked into.

by the way, did you ever find a cause for yours?

• Yea they offered hormones like, a shot every month or the pill, etc