Sex and dating with a Christian guy...Any experiences?

Anonymous
So, I'll start off by saying that I'm completely atheist. Not agnostic, not questioning, not open - atheist. I prefer to date other atheists or agnostics but I end up here dating a Christian. Life is funny that way.

We've been together for a little over 2 years and sex has always been a major issue in our relationship. I'm a very sexual person, I expect sex in a relationship. My boyfriend apparently was more sexual in high school and the beginning of college, but then decided he wanted to "reform his life" and stop having sex until he gets married. Then he met me, and those plans kind of slipped away. I think that's the problem dating someone with different morals. Both of us saw relationships two different ways. For a while all we did was heavy petting and that made me frustrated. At least I could masturbate on my own. He was on some crazy quest for religious purity and was actually trying to cut masturbation out of his life. We moved in together a few months after we got together, to save money on housing at school and get residency in our city. This made it harder for him. I have the kind of curvy body that he finds attractive and I guess sleeping with me, watching me walk around in lingerie or things like that didn't help with temptation. I was always pushing boundaries with him. I told him that when we are making out and dry humping basically (which I'm pretty sure doesn't count as being pure but whatever lol) if I start moving toward oral sex or actual sex, just tell me to stop and I will, but if you change your mind, then that's great too. Eventually he gave in, and he is surprisingly amazing in bed. We experiment with different positions, use toys, do oral, roleplay, etc. Although, I feel a little guilty for the simple fact that he sometimes feels guilty about his decision to be in a sexual relationship. I think his parents make him feel worse about it. He doesn't go to them and explain everything we are doing, but they aren't stupid and they put two and two together. They also hate me. When I went to their house for dinner, after a heated debate on religion, his mother called me a "satanic, sinful harlot." it was pretty hilarious. I don't care much about his family, but I want him to be happy. He's always happy until he goes to his religion. After he comes from church or reading the Bible, he's always at an emotional low because he feels guilty about everything. I don't know how to deal with that. I tell him don't worry, nobodys perfect (even though I don't think christian morals are perfect at all), and that its natural to want and have sex, etc. He still always has that darkness hovering over him, telling him he's a bad person all because of sex. I'm reaching the end of my rope here.There's only so much of this nonsense I can take. I don't like seeing people I care about unhappy, and maybe breaking up will free him of this feeling. :(

Anyway what do you all think about this and have you ever experienced anything like this before?
4
2