Oral sex in a relationship (and a couple other questions)

Anonymous
So I've been in a committed relationship with this girl for about two months now, and we're both ready to have sex. I'm still a virgin, but we've messed around a lot and I've watched a good amount of p*rn in my time so I'm not that worried about it. For the past couple weekends we've consistently ended the night in one of our rooms hooking up, usually with making out and me fingering her. She's made it clear she wants to go all the way, and last weekend we would have except I didn't have any condoms on me. The thing that kinda puzzled me, though, was that she was really against me giving her oral. Any time I would make a move to go down there she would say no, and we'd go back to what we were doing before.

From p*rn and stories from friends and whatnot, I've always thought oral sex was a typical part of sex, and that most people did it on their way to intercourse. Like, making out would lead to fingering which would lead to oral (for either person) and then finally intercourse. This is the furthest I've ever gone with a girl, though, so how common is this resistance to oral in relationships? We're both crazy about each other and she's made it clear she wants to go all the way. Also, I can't imagine it being a body image issue as she has an incredibly sexy body, and judging by what she wears I'm pretty sure she knows it haha. Why do you think she has this resistance, and is oral sex in committed relationships not as common as I previously thought? Is there anything I could do to maybe open her up to it (no pun intended)?

If there's no easy way to get her to be open to oral (at least for now), what are some other things I can do for foreplay, before penetration? I feel weird going straight from making out/fingering her to intercourse, as if we're skipping a couple steps. If oral on her is out of the question, what are some other things i/we could do as "intermediate steps" between making out and intercourse? (or is any additional foreplay even required?)

Related to that, in our hook ups I've always been the one to make the moves and go to the next level, so she's never made a motion to do something to me (such as a handjob, blowjob, etc). I feel really weird getting her to make that kind of move on me as I feel that should be her job, but so far she hasn't made any attempt. What should I do?

Thanks for the input. I know some of you will say I should just talk to her about these things (which I've more or less tried), but it's also good to hear what other people have to say. Also, she's under the impression that I'm not a virgin and I've never really bothered to correct her, so I don't want to bring up anything that might illuminate my lack of sexual history.
6
6