Abortion: acceptable or an abomination to mankind?

Anonymous
With things more public more now than ever abortion has become a real headliner for people and the argument has been heating up about whether or not it should be legal and if it is moral or not.

If laws were passed banning abortion wouldn't that take away some of your rights as a human being? being able to do whatever you want to your body along the lines of helping it. I mean if a women is carrying a baby with a deadly genetic disorder like tay-sachs or trisomy 18 an d13, with such deadly genetic disorders why put a women through a pregnancy that would even claim her own life?

Pregnancy is a dangerous period in a women's life, so why not get the unborn fetus out if you know it has a disorder and will die within a year after birth, not only that but knowing that it could kill you in the delivery process.

I work at a funeral home and we had a call about a women who wants a funeral for her 7 month old and a 5 month old who died, it is sad but why go through with a arranged funeral and the costs? What is there to say at the funeral? To me these answers were what sparked the whole abortion debate with a group of female friends, my mom even.

To me a unborn fetus is not a life, it cannot live outside the womb by itself and sustain its life. so therefore I am totally for abortion if the situation calls for it. I was enlightened to hear what my other friends said to me, stating that they can have premature births and babies do make it. but what percent of those make it to live past a few years?

Abortion to me is way over blown and put to the extreme with people. they bring morals into it which I think is wrong, your total neglecting a women's rights to her own body and calling it murder for something that is not alive YET. "yet" is the key word, it could have a life, again it could die in a miscarriage or kill the mother.

My last point in why I am for abortion is if a women is raped, or has STI's and do not want the child of a rapist or let the child suffer from HIV. To me this should and always must be a good option for women, why go through the pain of seeing the person who raped you in your child? or know your child won't live long with HIV or if they do the medicine to slow the disease is very costly?

These questions should be taken into consideration, whether your for or against abortion both sides need to be looked at and accepted as viable and not to harm anyone's thinking.

But my question to you girlsaskguys.com is what is your overall take on Abortion?
+1 y
Honestly you guys and gals think you are so intelligant brining up all these"facts" but what is the definition of life? Its nothing but a mere opinion based response to the word, people think words mean many different things.
+1 y
life has so many meannings and is taken in so many ways. you can credit or discredit any definition you would like. why is this topic so touchy for people? I am for abortion under reasonable circumstances.
+1 y
but for all you prolife antiabortion people, then why do you practice safe sex? the concept should be the same, you killing any chances for life, your restricting your body from going through with a normal reproductive process

+1 y
and to me with people practicing safe sex but are against abortion I call HYPOCRIT! I don't know how others feel but this is the same thing but on a cellular level. why cancel any chance of a possibility to life?
+1 y
and answer this ladies and gentleman, ladies you get raped, you end up pregnant, do you or your husband want that child after what you went through? hell no
+1 y
my logic in posting this question was for people responses not the scrutiny of my own beliefs, I was merely giving you something to think about and maybe base opinions on what I have to say. not a barrage of negative and irrational angry trolling
+1 y
some of you take way too much thought and seriousness into this whole subject. I am neutral on the topic and I don't take it in an aggressive manner like most people have. opinion-yes I definitely know what mine is, what's yours?
+1 y
any further comments on here need to be from people other than absolute trolls and d bags. if you can't comply with both then get the F*ck off this question because obviously this subject is way too mature for you
+1 y
abortion is only about the mother, not about ther thing growing insider her. its a human in devellopement but it has not rights, it doesn't even have a name, a SSN, birth certificate, nothing. so therefore how can it be given rights? IT CANT
+1 y
everyyone is open to their views, I shared mine^ I won't argue anymore because it seems everyone thinks they are more educated than the next. I'm not taking any lives by voicing my opinion. opinions are opinions and you have to accept them
+1 y
if you cannot coneive a rational arguement then STFU and DO NOT POST A REPLY ON MY QUESTION...motherf*ckin idiots
16
21