Can having anal sex have negative effects in long run?

I was on youtube, and & came across a video of Sasha Grey on the Tyra Banks show. Dr. Drew was also there, & he told Sasha Grey that she would have to wear a diaper by the age of 30. Basically, the point was, excessive anal has severe long term effects.

Does anyone know anything about this, I tried googling it, but there wasn't a clear answer?

615

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, The actual muscles responsible for holding the rectum in place are surprisingly weak, these muscles will progressively weaken over time regardless of sexual activity but anal sex will speed up this process. There is a medical condition known as rectal prolapse (or pink sock) that is caused directly from this act alone, the act itself tears inner walls of the rectum and cause them to become weaker, over time its likely that they will become so damaged that it will not be able to hold itself in and will actually collapse in on itself protruding outside the body resembling the appearance and size of a pink sock.

Along with this there are numerous other conditions that can happen as a result, take a look at p*rn stars to see how teared up and mutilated their anuses look even from the outside, there is a high increase in colon cancer due to damaged cells that loosen up to accommodate anal intercourse. also intestinal parasites, poliomyelitis and prolapse. I could give you a link of pink sock actually happening during anal if you were interested but won't post it otherwise.

If you take the precautions such as using LOTS of lube and being extremely gentle than it should SLOW the rate of cell damage from happening and deffinitly don't have it often, if you want to try it than just make sure you take every precaution possible and make sure he wears a condom! there is far too much bacteria in there to cause everything from e coli, to hepatitus A, B and C to fool around with.

• From my experience when I take a big dump that's like a LOG! it often hurts like HELL! than when you look into the toilet and see that it isn't even remotely close to the size of your own d***. Its hard to begin to imagine how much damage to that area would need to be done to have intercourse WOW.

Plus anal sex would likely make your rectum bleed, which considering the amount of bacteria that needs to be released from this area means that small amounts of fecal bacteria would seep into the wou

• your welcome, there is a hole that was made for sex. the anus was not

• lol, thanks for that update ha ha

What Guys Said 14

• Having -any- sex can have negative effects in the long run, and, having -no- sex can also have negative effects in the long run; the answer is yes, but the question is flawed.

It would have been more apt to ask what the negative consequences of anal sex are.

The … expert, up there, who can’t even spell “hepatitis”, doesn’t know when to use “then” and when to use "than", and clearly hasn’t a clue what he’s on about, should perhaps state that [a] they haven’t a clue and [b] they’re copying information (biased, and incorrect as it is) left and right.

Are you going to end up with prolapsed organs? Not bloody likely.
    Are you going to bleed? Probably. Especially if it’s your first time.
    Are you going to have to wear diapers for the rest of your life? No.

Prolapse can happen to anyone, at more or less any time, although, it’s not likely to happen to any healthy individual until they’re well past middle-age (and then, they’re not completely healthy anymore, technically speaking) but the point is, men and women can have prolapsed organs (oh yes, women’s organs can do this, too … both men and women can have prolapsed bladders, for example (although this is more common amongst women)). One screw won’t turn your bum inside-out.

In the long run, it’s not that that different from a well-used vagina on a 52-yr-old woman. It works. Probably doesn’t look too hot, but it works. It’s an ass-hole … even at the best of times, think about it, you don’t tell somebody who’s spent three hours getting dressed, doing their hair, and what-not, that they look “like an ass-hole” when they ask, “how do I look?”

But is a well-used anus any different from a well-used vagina? Not really.

Think logically, not politically, and not religiously.

Medically, yes, constantly relaxing a sphincter is eventually going to make it “less tight”. But you poop on a daily basis, don’t you? Constipated people have a hell of a lot more experience to draw on than men or women who have anal sex, and they have a hell of a lot more discomfort, pain, and “negative effects”, too.

As with any sex, use a condom. Hell, use two. Use lube. This might gross us all out, but, our parents use lube for a reason: vaginas get dry as they approach menopause. And I think that’s the grossest thing I’ve said today, so, excuse me while I barf (sorry, but it’s true).

Finally, have I done it? Once. Did it kill me? Obviously not. I’m more … the penetrative type. I enjoy giving more than I enjoyed receiving, let’s just say.

• Good god woman! How much anal are you having?

• funny. I'm not having any sort of sex, so :P

• Oh! Hahahaha! I thought you were someone who was having lots of anal and then you saw this and were all, "HOLY CRAP! DIAPERS!"

• well gay people have been doing it for years and they seem OK, I'm certain anal sex is not HEALTHY since it's not exactly the way it was meant to be used, just don't over do it I guess

• I think you have to be f***ing massive d***s, daily, for hours on end to end up in diapers.

I don't know about you but I take some massive sh*ts. Your body can handle stuff going out. If you're relaxing, doing it right, and sparingly, you should be fine.

• Do you think p*rn stars are really at risk of ending up like Dr. Drew said, in diapers...

• Don't believe everything you hear on TV even if it is a doctor(barely practices true medicine)

• Who is this Dr Drew everybody’s talking about?

Where are porn stars when you need them? (Yes, I know — on set.)

I don’t -know-, and I’m certainly no doctor … and I certainly don’t know this Dr Drew, but, this diaper business, we’d have heard of it by now if it were true. I -have- seen it — but only on biased Christian anti-gay propaganda websites (which, wow, gee whiz, big surprise, failed to convert me).

But I would like to … if anybody has a link or what-not, to see this `Dr Drew Diaper Theory` for myself.

Many thanks ☺︎

• Woah! I've never heard of such a thing. It does seem like something that's done best in moderation. However, you'd think that if such a thing did happen it would be a bigger deal especially in the gay male community, you know?

• ofcourse it does... nothing was meant to ENTER there, that's the poop chute

• Of course if it is done with extreme excess, if there is not enough lube, and if it is done forcibly.

• The only thing meant to go up there was a doctor's finger to examine the prostate.

• Yes, it isn't good for you. Too much of it messes up the sphincter muscle. In prison it can get so bad that some men have to use wadded-up toilet paper to plug up their anuses in order to keep from sh*tting themselves.

• wow, that is crazy.

• omfg hahahahaha

• Whoa — how’d we get to what goes on in prison?

My comments go for “in real/normal life” … not for “in prison”.

If you’re considering a holiday at one of our country’s finer prisons, then, jeez, do you even have to be told?

Keep your ass tightly closed at all times.
      Even when pooping. Don’t even -think- about thinking about anal sex in prison.

What is wrong with you, @actricalian? “In *prison*”? They’re not asking about prison sex, they’re asking about anal sex in a normal, non-prison, non-serial-killer-type date-night setting. Why would you even bring up the prison cliché?

(As a follow-up, what exactly is an actricalian, if I may be so bold as to ask?)

With all due respect, esp. if you happen to be in prison … ☺︎

• if your thinking about it I wouldn't recommend it. Don't do it

• Anal sex if you what know more about it you can Google it and look for this the anal sex position guide for Google books it tell you how to go about it with less pain and the right way of doing it and how to bring it up with your boyfriend / girlfriend hope this help

• first off its sasha grey. there isn't anything she won't do. she has done lesbian, black guys, double penetration, and even told Oprah about all the nasty infections and stds she has gotten. A normal girl who has anal once in a while shouldn't have any problems.

• Anal is sh*t anyways. But I like feet so many people think I'm weird too.

• A lot of people like feet, not my thing, but to each their own.

• Yeah, I’ll admit, I do find it weird that you’re into feet, but, I quite like people who are open and honest about stuff like that. Am I into feet? Nope. I just said I find it weird. But I’d rather know somebody’s into this or that, than not know it.

Am I making any sense?

What I’m trying to say is, yep, people are gonna think you’re weird, but, weird’s not necessarily bad, so, go with it, whatever your weird is …

And, receiving anal isn’t that hot, I agree, but, I mean, I can’t really go around telling people not to do it ‘coz then I’m sort of … well, not gonna get laid, basically. Ethical dilemma, huh?

Either way, it won’t kill you, for the original asker.

Well, I’ve found my calling: give receiving anal a good reputation. One boy at a time. *sigh*

I’m a f-ck-ng humanitarian. It’s my duty! ☺︎

For the record, for the asker, or for anybody in general: oral is much preferred (well, at least, by me).

• Well she probably has messed her body up.

• did you know she is no longer in the business, I thought that was kind of interesting.

• Huh so what does she dono

• Directing

What Girls Said 6

• From what I know it just disrupts the track so you can eventually loose control of your exit.

I hear doing it in moderation isn't a bad thing. I'd do some research, but I'm so lazy! But I'm also really curious, so let me know if you find a helpful link!

• Too much of anything is bad. I think anal sex is hot in moderate amounts.

• and some how gays are fine... I guess you have to prep properly, and not do it often because too much of anything is bad.

• what about regular intercourse?

• Oh your vag can become loose but that's the worst part about it so do your kegals

• I can’t help myself!

“and some how gays are fine…” ☺︎

☺︎ You bet we are!! ☺︎

• yep. excessive ANYTHING can have negative effects in the long term. putting something where it doesn't really belong will definitely mess with someone's physiology and health.

• Do you know why people do it then? I mean, why risk doing severe damage to yourself, if it's not necessary? I can understand why gay men do it, but it's really not needed when it's a man & woman...

• Taboo aspect also does it for many.

• yeah, I guess after doing some research, I'm don't think I'd want to take that risk. That's just me though...

• yes. obviously.

• Ya, it's kinda like ear gauges, it wasn't meant to stretch like that. Not only that, semen can leak from it into the vagina and the girl can still get pregnant. If you do it right, I've heard it isn't as painful if you're careful, but it's a "one-way" hole and that one-way is out...Unless you're having problems or something and need it checked out, which there's a reason the hoses and stuff are thin and small...

• lmao at you comparing it to ear gauges!

• *doggy style* lol not 69...Just woke up

• It’s *exactly* like ear gauges!! [Whhaaaaaa?]

Also — and I mean this with respect, not mocking, but, what hoses?

And … anal sex with a girl … there’s one I actually hadn’t thought of. As far as the risk of pregnancy goes, this is why my first comment was “wear a condom / hell, wear two!!” But, yeah … anal sex with girls, that one won’t be happening any time soon (at least not for me).

I’d be curious, now that the website has gotten to the girl section, to ask girls (and straight guys, too, maybe, I don’t know), what is the point of anal sex with a girl?

Not to be disrespectful, but, umm girls sort of have a vagina already just … there, so, you know … ?

I mean, if guys had one, you’d never see me online. But they don’t. Which is good, `coz I’m sort of partial to my own equipment, but, maybe this “just found out you can stick it into things and it feels good” thing is just a passing phase. I dunno, but, until it passes, all I can say is, “it’s *exactly* like ear gauges!!” ☺︎