Has anyone tried being celibate in the middle of a sexually active relationship?

idontknow88
My boyfriend and I were talking about our definition of love and it lead to his desire to deepen his relationship with God. Basically he wants to be celibate. And honestly I'd like to give it a try. Even though I am not religious and we have been sexually active, I see some advantages to being celibate.

Though, I have a feeling that it will only increase how much I think about sex. I am already a perv so I feel like I would be how I was at the beginning of a relationship where every touch is magnified. However I also think it will deepen our relationship and make me fall deeper in love with him to the point where I'm going to want to get married haha. Is that crazy?

Does anyone have experience with trying to be celibate? Was it a good thing or bad thing for the relationship, etc?
3
4