Sexually active or not?

Wizard_au
This will seem stupid to most of you, especially from someone my age who should already know this, but I have always had a hard time understanding what it is to be sexually active.

How would you define it?

(Before you say something like: "It's, like, you know...", no I don't. That sort of response is not an answer.)

As far as I can understand, being sexually active means that you have had sex and are regularly having it, or that you're not a virgin and the last time you had sex is not important.

Now I'm confused.

It seems that being sexually active is more about your response to sexual stimulation (physical, and non-physical), and how comfortable you are with giving and receiving pleasure.

Then there are definitions that say being sexually active means that you are able to find a compatible sexual partner (long term or short term) easier than most.

What is it to be sexually active?
Sexually active or not?
2
3