Feminism: Women Can't Handle Equality?

I came across this video of Katie Hopkins where she says that most women can't handle equality and that feminism is a shout for special treatment.

I'm only concerned with parts 0:23 to 0:32 in this video

And I must say that I agree with this view. As a woman I want chivalry from a man, I want him to hold open the door, give me his jacket if it's cold, pay for me etc and these are things I expect him to do of his own accord, I I wouldn't ask him to... I think whether or not a man shows chivalry says a lot about him - but that's my personal view for which I quite frankly don't want to be challenged because I'm entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours.

I think Katie is right that most women can't handle equality because I've seen it, even here on GAG, most women aren't very thrilled when a man asks her to pay for their date, or if he doesn't help her carry those heavy items, etc.

About feminism, I feel that in most contexts feminism has lost its meaning. I thought it was supposed to be equality, i.e. like equal pay, women working in construction, wrestling etc and not that a woman is a man... for example when feminists say that "not shaving your underarms, facial hair, legs, etc shows that they're equal to men" doesn't make sense to me, because the reason I shave is for personal hygiene, smooth skin etc the last thing on my mind is "urgh I have to shave because I'm a woman."

Now a lot of you would say it's about the sexualisation/objectification of women, but men are also equally sexualised/objectified, yet we don't see men campaigning against it, instead, we see that they choose to do whatever they wish with their bodies. So why can't "feminists" suck it up and do the same, as they have the same right as anyone else to do as they wish with their bodies, rather than beating the drums about how flawless Victoria Secret models are? If you don't wanna shave your underarms, workout, want a thigh gap etc then don't, no one's at your damn throats saying otherwise...

1742

Most Helpful Guy

• Judging by what most feminists these days spout and talk about she's right.

I mean lets be real we've never going to see women taking to garbage trucks, mines, oil rigs or factories n machine shops the jobs that we men do.

Feminism in the very beginning was a noble cause but what it is now is cancerous, toxic, horrid it's not about equality at all it's about supremacy. It's filled with women who are hurt and broken and some of them are just flat out batshit crazy others genuinely horrible human beings.

If was really the noble group they l caim then instead of whining about a pay gap myth which has been debunked more time then I've been alive they'd be actually helping women in third world countries.

They wouldn't be doing things like complaining about rape rates that don't exist while running around naked basically being asked to be raped. Doing things like #KillAllMen demanding that men and everyone in general accept their sexual diseases and filth. Promoting bad living habits like obesity and so, so, so much more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Today's feminism doesn't support equality but it's just a group of women who hate men

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 41

• Women and men are made differently and should be treated differently. Feminists don't understand that.

The goal is to destroy the family unit and create anarchy, now the sub goal is to destroy the concept of gender roles and confuse/create division between male and female interactions.

• apparently they don't. especially those who live in western society where they are already equal. they just want to look for an excuse to bitch and moan about how TOUGH THE WORLD IS like she said in the video and I actually agree with her. but must we not forget that we are all part of this world.

• Like many a good cause, hijacked by extremeists and cause it lose credibility amongst the sane majority.

I mean some of the hardcore feminists on here... i wonder if they genuinely believe the stuff they type out and defend to the hilt, or whether they're just trolling for some entertainment.

• Yeah I agree, I watch a lot of Buzzfeed actually and some of the things they come out with is just pure bs

• From the first line... I believe 100% it's true.

When you bring up ALL the Special treatment women get already... they don't want to here it.

• I've experienced lots of moments where I was discriminated and mistreated because of my gender. It's one of the reasons I don't support feminism anymore. Thank god there are some intelligent people in this world, because I've looked at the comments and I was quite surprised to see women agreeing with this as well. And I do agree that a majority of women are not ready to accept equality. Back in the 70s, the Equal Rights Amendment was created to give full equality to both men and women. However, the strongest opposers to the ERA was actually women, who didn't want equality because they would lose some of their advantages i. e. not being drafted.

• It's because you're trying to get a whole bunch of "adult-children" to act rationally. It's not going to happen.

• To me there are two different types of feminist. Ones like you who know the true meaning of it. And then there are the ones who use it to bitch about stupid things that doesn't make any sense to why it even upsets them.

Like the whole "man spreading" thing. We dont set like that to take as much space as we can. We do it bc it hurts our balls not too

I personally think girls are awesome

• "I feel that in most contexts feminism has lost its meaning. I thought it was supposed to be equality"

The sign of real maturity and growth. You thought you understood feminism. You believed the naive dictionary definition. You've learned now that it isn't.

Sadly, it seems most little girls grow up into naive young women still believing this nonsense, with no regard for history, reality, or anything that might impinge this silly world view.

The positive thing to take from this, is that there are men out there who still want to treat women with chivalry. And the ones who do, are strong enough to look modern feminism in the face and tell it to stfu already. And let's face it, if you want a chivalrous man, you also want one who isn't a pussy and doesn't cave into pressure to conform to something he doesn't believe in.

• itΒ΄s just such a surprise to me that suddenly even the most hard line feminazis (not saying you are one) wake up from the bullshit theyΒ΄ve been doing for the last few years... itΒ΄s a happy surprise though.

• Yeah, I hate feminist hiding behind this fake mask "But it's for equality". Give me a break, you just want more powr and special treatement for the little snowflake you are. I'm glad you share the same view as Katie Hopkins there.

• Men don't approach women anymore because it is deemed a misogynistic hate crime now punishable by up to 10 years in The UK. Feminist have won.

www.returnofkings.com/.../england-set-to-ban-talking-to-women-in-public-as-misogynistic-hate-crime

www.theguardian.com/.../nottinghamshire-police-count-wolf-whistling-hate-crime

• I think feminism did it's job. which was giving a women the chance to make their own decisions. Other than that, it's obsolete.

• Equality means equality of opportunity not outcome. Everyone have same opportunity and ability to make free chocies. Women these days can only make a choice as long as it complies with modern feminist narrative. Instead of equality they want previleges. I have no interest in dating feminists so I screened for that.

"As a woman I want chivalry from a man, I want him to hold open the door, give me his jacket if it's cold, pay for me etc"

As you said you want chivalry from men, I am curious what do you think you offer in return, offer in return equivalent of chivalry.

Also what you say you're independent woman?

• No, there are some severe equality issues; such as women not being allowed to drive, vote, or work (mostly in the east) however western feminists have taken it too far.

When I say I'm an independent woman it means, I do things for myself and don't look at others to provide for me. For example, I'm only going marry if I'm able to afford a mortgage, car, social life etc single handily, so I never have to look at my husband for financial support.

Now what I mean by chivalry is that I want a man who chooses do the things mentioned for me as a choice and not because he has to, it needs to be within his nature to be that way. And that is my preference in a man; which I already mentioned above was not something I feel the need to debate on or clarify because it's my preference.

But since you've asked; in return for the perfect guy I would be the perfect woman - it's as simple as that - and whatever that may entail would be subject to us getting to know each other and exploring that.

• I think women do want to be sexualized, just not objectified. And the two might be confused as men may intend differently. Many men don't seem to complain because they aren't as objectified seemingly, or so they think lol.

As far as the video goes, she has a point. I don't really know what feminism teaches, but you do earn your respect. But I do think all women should be respected regardless. It's a man's duty. And it is rude to ask a woman for payment especially on first dates.

• Yes!!! this is what my biggest gripe about feminism is. if they would just be honest and say they want all the privileges of men and women, without the disadvantages men face, then I would at least respect their honesty.

• Every single time I've ever treated a woman as equal, she was deeply hurt and offended by it.

You want to be equal to men? Well, 90% of men get treated like absolute shit every single day of their lives so. . . you are fucking stupid!

• They don't want to suck it up because convincing themselves that they're victims gives them the excuse to make everyone else responsible for their problems, so that they don't have to improve themselves.

• I think in general most women are treated well and as equals to men, and I think a lot of feminists are just rabid extremists who no one listens to anymore

• I think feminism has more relevance in the east than the west.

• @none11am So you can't say in general. Unfortunately, feminisem is still needed

• @aaaaabbbbb I mean in the West I think most women are treated well. There are some cases of abuse, but I don't think we need mass feminist movements anymore. I get what you're saying though, some are still needed every now and then.

• damn she rekt other girls

• Lol thank you I love this

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 16

• Females can't handle equality. And I'll tell you why. When men treat females the same way as their male friends, they can't handle it. When females are required to do the same task as a male, they can't handle it. Females are not equal with males. Males aren't equal with females. It's how we are in our nature. Society tries to make such a fuse out of it, but even females know DAMN well we can't do half the shit males can.

• Exactly, even from an evolutionary aspect men and women have their own separate roles in society.

• Exactly! Most females would attack me for saying this. I'm glad you're not deluded.

• Yeah some women have double standars but not all. But its nothing wrong with being traditionally gentleman or traditionally as a woman cooking and take care of children.

WOMEN LISTEN! If you want equality you got to be willing to compromise!!!

• Wanting people to be polite to you doesn't mean you deserve to be paid less by your employer.

As far as women not wanting to pay and do for themselves I give you Kesha. https://youtu.be/lXyA4MXKIKo

Shaving is actually unhygenic. Not only does it cut up your skin to infection, razors are breeding grounds for disease. All you have to do is one tiny bit of rust and you can get horrible diseases. Thanks 1000 Ways to Die!

LMFAO I'm not even dignifying your objectification "point". If you can't work out the difference yet there's some serious denial issues you need to work though. Good luck.

#Feminism #WelcomeToReality

• Your a confused woman. I've read your opinions and i would debate with you but i noticed all you do is think that your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree. Childish mindset.

• Takes one to know one @BellePepper πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ enough said x-o-x-o

• Wow OP. Do you always struggle this much with pronouns?

• Because we're overly emotional hypocritical spoiled brats that can't make up our minds about anything and throw a fit when we don't get what we want

• HAHA about time someone said it. i don't want to be treated the same as a man. i want equal OPPORTUNITY to pursue the things i want as a man has. totally different thing. i want my date to hold the door for me and give me his coat and carry the heavy things. feminists complain about all those things because most of them are ugly anyways and they are jealous they can't get a man to do those things for them. if you make it morally wrong to treat women that way, then all women will be treated equally to each other. and that is NOT the same thing. i don't want to be treated the same as ugly betty. i want to be taken care of. instead of complaining that men are objectifying women- ugly betty should find a man who is willing to objectify her a little bit- except the guy she can get is probably not brad pitt. ooooo ouch... so really ugly betty is guilty of her own private little world of objectification- of men. specifically- the men who don't want her.

• Agreed 100%. Some men are admittedly ridiculous but many women come across as just as ridiculous... especially when it comes to things like "feminism".

• I think feminism is another word for "I'm a woman so therefore I need to be treated better than everybody else for no real reason other than my gender" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that's how most feminist women act... women that are like me respects and want everybody whether male or female to be treated respectfully and fairly.

• I couldn't agree more! Feminists claim they are for "equality" but want speical treatment. Like they still expect guys to make the first move, guys to pay when they go out, guys to be gentlemen... etc. 3rd way feminism has become all about man hating. In fact, women get way more special treatment then men. Have you ever heard of scholarship for men? I haven't. Especially goes for Western society.

• This is speaking for the majority of women, not all. I can handle equality. If our society ever evolves enough to view us women as "equal", then we'd have to get used to what that means. I get offended when a man *does* ask if I want help carrying something heavy, for example; just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm not as capable as a man.

• Feminism has ruined our culture. It's so unfair that some loud mouth women think they can speak for the whole of women. Men and women were never meant to be equal. This doesn't mean that they don't deserve equal respect or dignity, but we are not equal. The way our society treats men (particularly straight men) is already backfiring on all of us.

• It sounds like a lot of hot air from a woman who fundamentally doesn't understand the goals of feminism.

• I'm pretty sure she's well aware. Many people have critically analyzed feminism and saw its flaws. What's more likely is you have a block when it comes to listening to what the other side is saying. It's totally cool if you want to say living in your comfortable bubble. If you want to look objectively, this may give you insight.
      www.youtube.com/watch

• @juliaanita Offended huh? I'm actually a pretty open listener. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion after looking at information. Did you watch the video?

• Portlandia? I'm not surprised you'd be upset lol

• Love it! I just want to have an opinion, I do have a brain that does think lol. Equal pay would be nice. But she's right it's all about performance, unless your matching a guys parts, quality and quantity then it's unfair it's not equal pay. It should be in that case. The only thing is I'm planning my life incase I don't find a guy in this crazy world. I'm planning to have a career, hopefully if a guy comes he's cool with that.

• If he's not cool with you having a career, then he's not the guy for you.

• I agree with you mostly. Negotiating prices is a separate factor I support too though. For example, if you have the same exact house for sale next to your neighbor, I don't think the houses have to or "should" cost the same. I agree with allowing people the freedom to use negotiating, marketing or whatever other creative tactic they use to get a higher price. I don't support regulating outcome on the basis of quality or gender. If you can sell your house for a billion dollars, I don't want to regulate that from happening. If you can negotiate a better wage from an employee or employer, great for you. I don't think that's sexist.

• @cavmanier I agree with that as well. It's totally unfair for one person to work hard enough on negotiations and they have to be treated as an equal.

• I can handle equality very well, thank you very much

• I think it is becoming too much of a hype

• Thanks for your opinion

• Most girls need special treatment, real feminists want equal rights, ones like myself.
    My bitterness and anger comes from men holding me back because they get offended that women could ever dare want to do it without them.
    Men do not want to feel unwanted, and many women need men because they are simply lazy and childish. I on the other hand have always done the impossible on my own, men underpay me when I bring in all the money and then sexually assault me, or let other weak women bully me. I left the workplace and became a stripper, it was rough but that is how I deceived the patriarchy in order to make my own business.
    Even there the men were amazed at my self sufficiency and independence, which I expected of the other girls considering they made quick money, they were still careless and sloppy with their earnings, as a woman I must say only few girls could be real feminists.

• Real feminist don't care for equality at all. That's mentioned to indoctrinate younger females as to follow the agenda in the name of equality. I don't believe for one moment that you're an accual feminist. Equalitarian is more like it...

• No I am not against the intelligent woman working to make this place a better world for future generation but the everyone should be paid on their performance in that field not cuz She is woman and She have special quota for equal pay, either She is even worth paying high or not.

Women want the man to write down on paper that, She will have the right cuz She fears that,
      She is even to weak to stand up for themselves, the diamond is known for its quality and brightness not cuz its diamond it must be good. You consider the men as a reason for your failures but its you and you all along...

• Opinion owner... Why do you say married women aren't happy... who told you that lie ?