Skinny People Problems (That Nobody Thinks About!)

1. Shaving.

Shaving around your knobby knees and ankles and hollow armpits is NOT easy! You have to focus really hard to shave around the sharp edges. Also, you're even hairier than the average person because instead of fat for body heat your body just grows more hair!

2. Unnecessary comments people think are acceptable.

"Do you even eat?"

"When you turn to the side you disappear!"

"Real women have curves"

"Skinny shaming isn't a thing, get over it"

"How could you possibly be self-conscious?!"

"Most girls wish they looked like you"

"...but you're skinny"

"You should gain weight"

"Skinny bitch"

"Enjoy your rabbit food"

"Oh my god!! Your wrist is so small!!"

"Why are you at the gym?"

"Omg, I can see your ribs!"

"She's one of those girls who just...like, doesn't eat."

"her head looks bigger than her body"

3. Self-Consciousness.

Knowing that your spine sticks out of your shirt when you bend over. Feeling like everyone is looking at your legs when you walk down the street. Comments like 'only dogs like bones' and 'thigh gaps are disgusting' do not help. Feeling watched while you eat because it's so 'strange'

Why is it ok to be skinny shamed but not ok to be fat-shamed? But nobody takes you seriously anyway.

Also, not feeling like a real woman because you don't have curves or boobs or ass? That sucks. Being in a bikini or a dress is the worst.

3. Body Pains.

First of all, sitting is hard. Uncushioned chairs hurt your butt bone. Sit-ups hurt your spine. Laying on the hard ground is the worst. Sometimes you even get bruising.

Secondly, always being cold. Especially hands and feet, they are always freezing. People grab your hands, like "Oh my gosh your hands are freezing!!"

Thirdly, your legs fall asleep way easier for some reason. If you forget to switch which leg is crossed over the other in more than 5 minutes, you're done for.

4. Online "Body Positivity."

"body positivity" is NOT:

Nobody likes skinny girls. Nobody likes thigh gaps. Thick thighs are better thighs. Skinny is gross. People who love to eat are the best kind of people! (btw, we probably eat more than you do)

Body positivity is not fat positivity. It is BODY POSITIVITY. ALL body types!!

5. Clothes.

Finding clothes that fit is difficult. Pants are always too short or too baggy around the waist. Plus, most shops don't carry your size anyways. (Do you know how hard it is to find size 000?)

Dresses don't stay up because..no boobs. Pants don't stay up because...no butt.

Finding the right bra is embarrassing..some 10-year-olds have bigger cup sizes than us!! Even shopping in the kids' sections..sometimes the clothes are too big. Or too childish. And it seems a little perverted.

And when you finally find a pair of jeans that fit perfectly, its a miracle!

Watches, bracelets, and bangles will never stay on your wrist. They will fall off your hand or to your elbow. Also having to tie back your shirt because they don't fit.

6. Random Things

- Always sitting in the middle of the car seats.

- Being pushed around in the wind.

- Getting hit playfully hurts because there is no fat to absorb the impact.

- People thinking you're in shape but hell nah.

- Looking like a boy.

- Having no strength. Opening doors is hard!

- Not being able to donate blood.

Share yours below!

5856

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not celebrate all body types? That is my motto. At the same time, we are attracted to what we are attracted to and there are plenty of examples of people being attracted to body types that aren't considered conventionally attractive. It really comes down to how comfortable you are in your own skin and what is truly healthy. If you are so thin or obese that your health suffers, then it becomes a real problem outside of the scope of social acceptance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just goes to show, fat, skinny, perfectly curvy enough without being fat - ALL women are body policed. Standard women's clothing is designed to fit only a very narrow range of women. Smaller, skinnier, petite women have just as much trouble as taller, larger women face.

But quit worrying about bras. Can't find bras you like at a good price? Then fuck it. Don't wear one. I go braless whenever I feel like it. No woman needs to be wrapped in a bra to be acceptable.

Instead of this being a skinny lady vs. the world, you should feel just as included in the body-pos movement as anyone else. I'm sorry you don't.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 55

• I love skinny petite girls, so, just know that there are definitely guys out there who would be happy to show you some love.

Also, as you get older, almost everyone puts on weight. Because you probably won't, you'll increasingly be seen as more and more attractive (even by other women). So, there's that too.

• why does everyone whine and cry like a baby about their bodies lately? no one gives a shit. just cuz you have platforms to express your thoughts on this doesn't mean you should. people have much bigger issues than that but we as humans continue to focus on shit that doesn't fuckin matter

• www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-crossed(c).gif

Yep, they're problems alright.

I guess they're "good" problems to have.

• Most of the time I was growing up, I was skinny, and along with it, the general attitude that I was weak, and kind of like a 'girl'. The biggest teasing and putdowns seemed to come from family and relatives, including my own mother. The odd thing was, most of these 'skinny-shamers' were incredibly fat, which has now lead to me thinking less of fat people. By the way, I'm now about 175.

• this is the stuggles of some one with a eating disorder

• yea... your not going to get any sympathy. in society and life, it is way better to be too skinny. You much more accepted, can find cloth's everywhere, can wear anything, can eat anything, can use any product that has a weight limit, ride any ride with a weight limit.

• Be in touch with yourself, do you want to do, not others. Skinny is not the best look, so relax, be able to enjoy yourself. Life is about enjoyment. Drinking sugar water or not eating for days is no fun so lets have some fun.

• Is opening doors actually hard? Yeah, "only dogs like bones" until cupid hits you like an idiot and then you realize appearance is not important and "type" doesn't actually exist... Nice myTake by the way. :)

• Being a skinny guy myself, I can totally relate every single point outta there especially that cold body, less strength, skinny shaming, posture problem and hurting part. Very well done. Loved this take❤️

• Oh god, being skinny, and being tall. Worst combo, plus my legs are really long so usually if I get pants they don't fit so I usually need a belt. These topics I can relate with.

• Show more from Guys
    45

What Girls Said 57

• Hmmm. Ok. As you can see from my profile pic, I ain't skinny. Never have been. But guess what? I can still relate to the stuff you put up. So let's jump right into it.

Shaving- not because I have knobby knees or anything like that, but because I have RA. It makes it difficult for me to reach certain places. Hell, it's hard to even get a good grip on the damn razor.

Unnecessary comments- yeah, people tend to say a lot of bullshit was comments to bigger people as well. They just hide it behind false concern for their health. And I also get a shit ton of comments about my RA and not looking sick and all that stupid shit.

Body Pain- literally wake up in pain every day. I deal with my body flaring up without warning. The weather also plays a big part in my pain. And I'm anemic. My hands and feet are ALWAYS like ice.

Self Consciousness- everybody deals with this. No matter what damn size you are. Thigh gaps are see still a thing and I've never in my life heard anyone day that shit about bones being for dogs. I've only ever seen it on memes. I lost 80 pounds and I'm still self conscious AF.

Body positivity- I'm just not even... because I could write you a whole novel

Clothes- all bodies are different. Fat and skinny and such broad words. That picture with the pants gapping in the back is how a lot of my pants fit even before I lost the weight because I've always has a smaller waist. So pants would fit my big ass thighs but be huge around my waist.

I say allllllll of that to say that everybody hoes through things. Everybody has problems. A lot of the times we go through similar things but we're so busy being against each other and thinking that our problems are bigger, that we can't see that.

• just because you aren't thin but relate to some of these, that doesn't make any of my points any less relevant. But by the way, you look great in that pic!! And congrats on losing 80lbs, good luck with your RA, anemia, insecurity, etc! <33

• I once rested my head on my desk at school because I was tired as fuck. My spine stuck up just like in the picture you posted. My friends noticed, but instead of giving me one of those back-handed compliments or a tactless comment, they said "hey, that makes you look like a dragon, cool!"
    It made me laugh. Felt pretty awesome. My friends are the best. I used to have friends who would say the things you mentioned in this take, but luckily they're not in my life anymore.
    Opening doors is such a fucking struggle, it's embarrassing lmao. Sometimes I just get fed up and push with my entire weight so that the door just flies open. There doesn't seem to be an in-between for me. Either I barely use any force and struggle a lot, or I feel like I have to push with my entire body which results in someone getting a hard hit in the face.

• Honestly, none of these have really troubled me--except for the eternal coldness and the inability to find proper-fitting pants outside of those high-end fashion stores that tear your wallet a new one for a single pair of jeans.
    But, even so, I'm happy with my figure --it's one of the few things about me that I'm actually content with and feel no need to change--so I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Nice Take! :)

• Some of this seems troll.

But let me blow your mind for one minute.

I am a plus sized woman with thick thighs... and a flat ass.

My ass is seriously bony. My boyfriend agrees. I have bruised the hands of mighty men with this bony ass. So lets leave the ass argument out of here.

• I'd rather take being skinny af than being fat. Sure people get skinny shamed but being fat is SO much worse in terms of shaming. In general though, body shaming is cancelled and should be left in 2017. In 2018 we don't give a fuck.

• I relate to ALL of these. Girls at school always make comments like you eat so little... you eat like a rabbit... you eat 1/4 of what i eat. I'm just small and thin & I don't eat too much. Also having a flat chest. I like my flat aa cup size chest but I feel self conscious when I wear a sports bra etc. I just look like a prepubescent boy...

• I share the same problems, I'm short and thin. I hate it when I'm shopping for pants and everything is either too long, the waist is too big, the butt is too small, or a mixture of everything. And people staring like I'm some sort of zoo exhibit when I eat because I eat a lot and never gain anything. Or when you look in the mirror or wear a shirt that somehow is too short for some reason, your hip bones show.

• I am not super small, I have a BMI of 18.5 exactly but thank god I don’t have most of these problems, the boney ass thing is definitely true. I am skinny but I have quite a lot of flesh and C cup tits so I don’t have the boyish figure usually associated with skinny girls. In a way I’m lucky but I think it really shows that everyone has self confidence issues, no matter their body type.

• Don't forget the pants being too wide at the waist, even with a belt there aren't enough holes so I gotta use superhuman strength I do not possess. To those who are slightly chubby etc, I always say that they are blessed in their own way because if we were stranded on a desert island then the skinny ones would die first...
    I always say that fat is like a block of wood. The more you hve, the easier to carve into whatever you want.

• Girl, I can relate. I was pretty skinny (and small) when I was growing up and I remember people making all these unnecessary comments all the time. My own sister would make fun of me for not having a butt -- I was 12!
    And don't even get me started on clothes. Nothing ever fit right, hell clothes still don't exactly fit right on me.
    Now, I'm not as skinny as I used to be, but this Take certainly triggered some memories for me. Not in a bad way, just in a reminiscent kind of way. Nice job. :)

• Show more from Girls
    47