Reverse Racism: Why There is No Such Thing

I'd like to discuss a topic of interest lately, that's been circling around our media, our world, our society as of late. Racism.

In 2017, at Evergreen University, a Caucasian professor, Bret Weinstein, along with many others of European descent, aka white people, were ordered to leave campus. The minorities on campus declaring it a "No Whites Day".

In 2014, A father of African descent, aka a black man, was choked to death by a cop, who was using an illegal chokehold. His unarmed son was also shot, and killed, and left in the street for dead for four hours until a civilian saw and called the police.

These are two incidents of racism, against arguably the two main races involved in racism incidents. The Civil Rights movement, Black Lives Matter, etc. The first one is not an incident of reverse racism- because there is no such thing. It's plain racism. Yes, I said it. The unspoken taboo that in universities across America that would get me death threats. That there is, in fact, racism against white people-- and on large scales, too. Racism doesn't matter if its someone in a position of power-- its plain prejudice, against a group of people based on their skin color.

Like how people are now calling for universities to lower their standards and accept people of color who may not be deserving of getting into a good school, because of or in spite of their skin color. We should not have to write our race on job interviews, or applications, because it should not have an effect on the way interviewers see us. It should not make us get in if we are undeserving, or bar us from getting in if we are.

Like in the Dove ads, or that H&M model, the young boy who modeled a particular hoodie, and the majority of society was unable to see past his skin color. He is not African-American. No one is Mexican-American. There is also no such thing as Italian-American, or White-American, or any numerous amount of hyphenated races. That's because its time we stop identifying as our race, as our skin color, as our gender or what we are.

We are Americans, one nation, united. We are more then our skin tones, we are more then our income and we are more then how people perceive us as. What's been happening lately is wrong.

Its time to face facts-- being white is no longer socially acceptable. I am not condoning any kind of racism-- far from it. I am saying that if any of the things done to white people, such as 'Being White is Wrong' or 'No White Day' had happened to someone of an ethnic minority, there would be backlash that echoed across the entire country. We need to stop automatically perceiving certain races as the victim-- that is no way to build a world without racism, without homophobia, without sexism.

Because, as human beings, we are all equal. No matter our skin tone. And yes, I am talking about the whitest shade of Caucasian, to the darkest shade of African, to the tannest shade of Hispanic, and every other nationality, or race, or ethnicity that makes up Earth.

But, narrowing down on it and getting back to my original topic, why is it now okay to blatantly slander white people? And why, when this question is asked, is the Civil Rights Movement brought up? Or slavery? One of those was several hundred years ago, and is no longer a valid excuse for the racism against white people today. It is not tit for tat, it is not revenge. If one of the major influences of the Civil Rights Movement saw what was happening today, I believe Martin Luther King Jr. would be disgusted.

His dream was not about equal rights for just blacks, or just minorities, but for every single person. And frankly, we haven't had that, or anything close to it, in a long time.

Reverse Racism does not exist. Everyone holds power over everyone, and racism is just racism, not reverse or backwards or forwards or sideways. So I beg you, GAGers, please take my words to heart, and not only change the way you see the world, but change the way you see the people who make up the world.

We are moving backwards in the face of equality, and I do not want my children, or yours, to grow up in a world where people are discriminated against so strongly.

719

Most Helpful Guy

• Problem is, no one who is part of the "hate white people" groups will care about this message. And why should they? They've been able to press racial hatred against whites for decades.

For them, killing whites is good and fine. That's not where we are going--it is where we are. Convicted felon illegal alien shoots white woman dead on a pier with a stolen ranger's gun? All good to them. And yes, he admitted to firing and killing her.

What the "kill white people" crowd needs to realize is, two years ago everyone *knew* it was insanity that someone would campaign on building a wall and deporting all illegal immigrants, while tacitly campaigning on white interests.

Now, we have a President of the United States openly wants to deport the hispanic settlers, openly wants to ban/deport as many non-whites as possible... and instead of Obama encouraging BLM rioters torching cities, we have Trump encouraging Alt Right Rallies and marches and street fights. (Yes, he did condemn KKK and Neo Nazis, because 90% of us Alt-Right loathes them too)

The La Raza/BLM/Anti-Fa crowd needs to realize they won't be able to call this off in another year or two and the blood is flowing freely. The Anti-Fa in Britain won by mob violence against the British Nationalists. In the USA, once this starts, there won't be any possible BLM/La Raza left alive in an area when the dust settles.

Most Helpful Girl

• Great take. Thanks for trying to talk sense to folks who don't want to hear sense.

• Because they are Cultural Marxist brainwashed !!

• @FatherJack You're not wrong.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• THANK YOU! Racism against whites definitely does occur. I have felt it directly. I was attempting to court an Arab woman but her family refuse me because I was white. Their refusal was not based on my behavior, not based on my past, nor based on my education. It was based on race. What is that other than racism?

• Your ass don't experience racism , they didn't want you because you you don't have the same damn heritage and religion as her

• @nojokecarmichael Wow... Then why are there so many mixed race, mixed culture, and mixed religion marriages? You don't have to be the same. The only ignorant person here is you, me dear.

• its all you

• It's so stupid that we even have to say it but yes, exactly.

Progressives attempted to reinvent the term and now we have to point out their all-encompassing phewlishness, it's annoying.

You a get a follow because I need fewer phewls in my feed. :)

• There is no such thing as "reverse racism." There is simply "racism."

• Racism is racism regardless who pushes it. Black people have been coddled for too long in this country because of lingering guilt over slavery. That's 150 years in the past. If black people want to be taken seriously, they need to stand up on their own and be held to the same standard as everyone else.

• I agree with your first sentence but the fact that you appear to put all black people in one convenient box shows you to be grossly oversimplifying the situation. Plenty of black people do want to move on and make the very best for themselves and don't have a chip on their shoulder over slavery.
      Again you've oversimplified this because while you refer to the 13th Amendment, you have failed to acknowledge Jim Crow/segregation laws that were only repealed in the last 50 years ago and many people are still alive to tell you about their oppression, never mind the legacy that still continues today.

• At no point did I say there should be reparations for slavery. I simply remarked that you are oversimplifying the situation and are omitting details.

• @SebShaw82 Frankly, the situation gets oversimplified in the media all the time. Half the articles I read on my news feed are "X Happened to Y because Racism." It's tiresome and just not true.

• Affirmative action and welfare benefits that I'd never be allowed to have exist to coddle our lowest hanging fruit. We don't give it to the Sentinelese and they seem to be doing just fine without it. I'd say there natural state even. It's like people that keep pet chimps... yeah it's cute until they're big enough to rip your genitals, tear your nose, and bite your fingers off.

• Actually this is a highly manipulative tactic.

1. You frame any racism towards whites as "reverse racism". Aka not saying it how it is, but framing it as something different.

2. You say there is no reverse racism.

3. You managed to control the narrative this way.

• Uh... did you even read the Take? I said what it was multiple times in there, but thank you for sharing your take.

• Oh, lol my bad. My apologies😂

• No problem. I just meant to explain the steps of manipulation.

• There is no such thing as reverse racism, it is racism and unfortunately there are too many ignorant people that don't understand that.

• Cultural Marxism in action... racism is racism , regardless of direction... the notion that ONLY those of European extraction can be racist is total BS !!

• There's no such thing as reverse racism because we already have a word for that its called 'Tolerance'.

Racism is racism, there's a dictionary definition for it, abide by it period. Some people desperately need to go to school...

• It's okay to identify one's cultural identity, but that's what makes the intention of America great. It's a mixture of the best in each culture around the world melted into one pot. Nevertheless, I do agree that there reverse-racism is just racism.

• I meant, like, when people ask what they are as in nationality wise, it’s not “African American”, it should be just American. But thanks for giving your take on this xP.

• Liberassholes are immune to logic unfortunately. They resembles a helicopter mom to minorities, liberals indulge them everytime when someone from minorities are disrespectful, unreasonable, violent, dishonest and even racist and sexist. But for white people, liberals are a draconian judge who is willing to condemn any small mistake.

Liberals are everytime saying that they think the white race is cancer, white people should be abolished, the only good white is a dead one, there's no rape against white women if the perpetrator is from minorities "because he lacks power to opppress". How dare those toxic hypocrites say that they want to fight hate and create a better world?

• 'Reverse' racism implies that whites start with the racism, and blacks just react to it. It places blame on whites. And it's rubbish. Then again, the word 'racist' was invented by Marxists to be applied to whites only.

• Thank you. Please strongly consider running for a public office or becoming a journalist someday.

• Racism in general is not dedicated, this is why there's no Reverse Racism

• Yes, there's no "reverse racism". It's just straight racism with an extra side of bullshit.

• I find it ironic that those well to do do gooders holding up those signs denouncing racism from Whites... they themselves live in well off enclaves like Boulder, Co... FAR REMOVED from the places like Camden, N. J... WHERE THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR the people they claim to support so much. I puke at the irony in that.

• I’m not sure if my brain is slow today, but I think I misunderstood this.

• @nojokecarmichael You're so bloody immature. It's hilarious.

• interesting read.

• I agree with you and I'm not even white. Racism is Racism.✊

What Girls Said 6