How To End Racism And Why It Won't Happen For A Long Time.

Racism has plagued our society for a very long time now. Racism is on a decline as of right now (although some people beg to differ), however it isn't completely gone yet. There are multiple factors that are keeping racism alive today and it can be destroyed with one simply ideology that people of many different races refuse to use. This my take will explain my theory on how to end racism and why people will refuse to use my theory.

The Key to Ending Racism is Individualism

Yes people, the key to ending racism in the world today is viewing other people as individuals. Do not view others as part of a certain racial group, but instead view them as a single person whose actions are individual. I am going to use myself as an example. I am a black male. I wish for you to view me as an individual, not as a part of a "black community", and I will view you as an individual as well. That is my insight on this. Society doesn't wish to do this though and wishes people's actions were influenced as a group, and it's working.

Why Racism Won't End for a Long Time

Racism won't end for a long time because of these "communities" we have. You know, the black community, the hispanic community, the Asian community, etc. People who are a part of these communities are expected to be influenced by what others in those communities are doing, and currently it is working.

In the black community, we are expected to do whatever other people in the black community are doing, like listening to rap music, voting for democrats, supporting black people in executive positions even when they aren't qualified to be there, boycott businesses that supposedly did something "racist", boycott men who date outside their race, etc. With this rhetoric, racism won't end for a while. Of course there are some people who think their race is better than others (and there are people like this in every race, not just white people) and those people are being bred out, but these communities are causing people to think in groups and not as individuals, which causes other communities to pin each other.

For example, every time I see someone who is pro-black uplift another black person, they bash another racial community with it. There is this ideology of Haha, this person in our community did something great and way better than that person in that other community. Then, they go on to say you have to have power to be racist acting as if they themselves are LESSER than any other race, therefore in itself, viewing yourself as inferior which is opening the door for racism. As long as people view themselves as part of racial communities, the idea of individualism will not thrive, and racism will still occur.

In conclusion, the concept of individualism is our only hope to end racism once and for all, however I do not see that happening in the near future. I want to get this straight that even though I used the black community as an example, black people are NOT the only people who use this concept of racial communities and that ALL races use racial communities. All I am asking for people to do is step out of these so called racial communities and view others as individuals who have different personalities and whose actions are different as well instead of mindless sheep in communities. Once we get rid of the concept of racial communities, individuality can thrive.

934

Most Helpful Girl

• Being part of a community is a must for human beings. Humans have the need to be part of somtheing as a way of defining themselves.
    Why not think you are part of a community while you are an individual? it's how we are. leaving that feeling of belonging is detracting from your core that makes you.

I think the way to go about it is to be part of a community while accpeting the other ones.

Most Helpful Guy

• Multiculturalism is what increase racism. You can't make people who share different views, cultures, and religions, and think it will go well. It doesn't.
    The best way to end racism is to actually keep a cultural homogeneity in a country.
    Mix people together, and sooner or later, people will go back to be with their own, cultivate their differences and of course, start to think they're better than the other groups. That's only natural, that's what humans are.
    The rest is just a utopia.

• Multiculturalism increases racism because of the prospect that one racial community is better than the other. If we simply view each other as individuals, not as a part of a racial community, racism would decline. This won't happen for a while because people are to attached to these communities and are influence by what their community does.

• I don't mean effectively get rid of cultures, I'm saying get rid of the whole concept of doing whatever your certain race does. Don't follow what your racial community is saying to do and instead become an individual whose actions are individual and treat people as individuals. Other communities won't ask for more if you destroy the concept of a community in the first place. We are social species meaning we socialize with other humans, not necessarily solely with others of the same race. It's fine to date and befriend people who look like you, but don't be a sheep to a community.

• The OP. Gave you the real truth. You can't change human nature, asker.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

• As long as people believe that there is such thing as Race, it will never happen. You can't end somebody people have deep rootedly believe.

• something*

• You men sadly lack the understanding of the basics. I just said, There cannot be a race within a race. A dog breed is a dog breed. Similar to that of ethenicity and nationality. Which of course makes more sense. Race does not. Humans are ONE RACE. We're not aliens. Unless, your saying your not fully human? A dog is still a dog. It is a species, that is what race actaully means. Races is a social construct. Ethenicity should be the proper word or nationality when reagrarding ones origin.

• Your SJW mental gymnastics are amusing to watch.

• Racism will end when we are all the same colour. However, we will find something else to bitch over!

• Racism will only end once the majority can admit that racism actually exist. They're always talking about how minorities do not have it bad but their biggest fear is becoming the minority... doesn't make any sense to me

• Everyone knows racism exists it's just that people are too afraid to talk about it. Racism will only end when these racial communities end.

• Never said that HBCU's were privileges, just saying that there are certain places where minorities have a better chance of doing well than the majority because of the programs put into place for them. Things like affirmative Action. Also certain jobs want more minorities than white people.

• well my opinion on affirmative action is that they can take it away but I do believe that it benefits white women more than it benefits anybody else. most people fail to realize that affirmative action benefits anyone who is in a white male... So they say take away affirmative action but the real reason that it hasn't been taken away yet it's because black people aren't the ones who benefit from it the most

• I haven't faced any myself, but I have a close friend who does. I maybe don't really have the right to, but I hate it.

• i like the way you think with this. I've always been someone who supports individualism.

• good take

• Hope it ends

• I love this! :)

Don't think of them as part of the race, think of them as individuals in their own rights.

What Guys Said 33

• It has been demonstrated by many studies that racism is innate. Just google racism innate. I will sum it up...

It is an evolved defense mechanism, and is easy to explain: people who are not part of your tribe are more likely to carry germs you have not come in contact with in the past, and thus you are not immunized against these germs. I'm not shitting you, this really is the bottom of it: before soap and antibiotics, people who were a bit too "kumbaya" simply caught some disease and died, so evolution selected for very cautious racists. Remember that germs from European conquistadores killed a shitload of native Americans. Our species spent a lot more time evolving as cavemen than as modern couch potatoes. Most of your DNA is designed to survive in a caveman environment.

This innate reflex is why you will hear truly racist people call other races "disgusting" or "dirty", or other words similar to "unclean". Retarded liberals call it "hate" but they miss the point: it is not hate, it is simply the good old disgust reflex. The purpose of this innate reflex is to preserve you from sickness and death. If you see something in your fridge that is so full of mold it is growing green hairs, your brain will trigger the disgust reflex to prevent you from eating rotten food. When this happens, it is out of conscious control, when you see rotten food, maybe you would retch a little and feel really sick. For human brains, innate racism uses the same mechanism: a human who looks very different from you is a potential source of germs that will kill you. From an evolutionary point of view, it makes a lot of sense.

Of course, this innate response is obsolete in a modern society, but it is still there.

• I understand what you're saying and I get it. However, just like your last sentence, it is obsolete in a modern society due to modern advances in technology and medicine. Humans have the ability to change their thinking over time as this has been proven several times. It is no longer to stay away from people with diseases, but to stay away from people who look different than you. If we were to pass down this idea of individualism from generation to generation, this would effectively decrease racism in the world today. The reason it won't happen for a while is because racial communities still exist and are currently thriving (along with other outside factors).

• Disease transmission is likely only one of many factors.

• Racism won't end until the end of identity politics. Identity politics rejects the model of traditional give-and-take politics, presupposing instead that the most important thing about us is that we are white, black, male, female, straight, gay, and so on. Within the identity-politics world, we do not need to give reasons — identity is its own reason and justification. Because identity politics supposes that we are our identities, it does not consist in the speech, argument, and persuasion of normal politics but instead, in the calculation of resource redistribution based on identity — what in Democratic parlance is called “social justice.”

• And that is an example of what I'm talking about getting rid of. This idea that there are groups and that your best attribute is your race/racial group. With the idea of individualism everyone will be looking at a person's character as an individual and not a part of a community

• Collective peoples will behave accordingly. They'll classify themselves as different and then because of that, probably get scrutinized as a collective whole here and there. Like ever wonder why a bunch of white guys get targeted by white people here and there? I mean all they have in common is that they call themselves Jews and have a word for the non-Jews. So listen up goy... if you want to collectivise with 13% of the population that somehow produces 53% of the violent crime... join them. If not... it's time to be an individual instead of one in a 'community.'

• I think you're spot on about why racism exists - a failure to treat people as individuals. One of humanity's greatest strengths is ironically also a root cause of its ugliness. Mankind is so successful because it can put things into groups such the periodic table, how to diagnose ailments and treat them. However, from that success, it perverts that classification to regard one group of people superior or inferior or otherwise treated in a fundamentally different manner because of assumed traits in a group rather than those of the individual.

• "I wish for you to view me as an individual, not as a part of a "black community", and I will view you as an individual as well."

You sound like you don't want to associated with your own people.

I want to associated with my Hispanic community! Now and forever.

I and others that want to be associated with their communities isn't what causes racism at all.

Racism is simply a natural human flawed of hatred and jealously of others not a group of people choosing to divided themselves to protect their heritage identity.

• Being associated with a racial community does in fact cause racial turmoil between other communities. I’m not saying to get rid of culture, I’m saying don’t follow what everyone in your community is doing and view your self and others as individuals instead of viewing them as groups

• Ok. Whatever. You're not going to change my mind nor convince me to be apart my community of people and heritage. You can do whatever you want regarding your black community.

• Fair enough, just know that racial communities are what is keeping racism alive

• The progressive left depends on keeping racism going. Look at what they're doing these days. They simply cannot afford to let minorities see the truth about opportunity and the success of our country. No, they want them to stay dependent on government subsidy so they'll vote for them.

• the reason why racism won't end in a long ass time doesn't really have much of anything to do with what you said, although, has some merit. the reason is primarily because of time. it took 100 years to end slavery just to get equal rights, 50 years later, you still have people who still stereotype groups and city segregation still hasn't been fixed. there's nothing in the trajectory of history to suggest that racism will even remotely come close to ending any time soon.

• But have you noticed that with time came people viewing people of other races as an individual? First black were property, then second class citizens, and now normal citizens. There are still a few kinks in the system, but with the idea of individualism that can come to an end.

• it didn't have to do with "the time came". it largely happened by happenstance more than by societal shifts. after slavery ended, black people ended up going back into slavery. they still couldn't vote despite having the right to vote. racism was still alive and well. civil rights wasn't some existential movement, if we're being honest. many polls, at the time, showed that mlk's approval rating was under 40% across the country. the reason racism can't end is because you have the same generation that's still alive during 1 period of time still alive post event. people of the civil rights era, both good and bad, are still alive. society has made them change to be more inclusive, but they may still very well be racist. on top of that, you have them directly influencing their kids. so you have that generation that's watered down, but still hold residual racism, sexism, etc. noticeable change generally doesn't happen within 2, maybe 3 generations, which roughly equates to 100 years.

• *it didn't have to do with 'the time coming"*
      ** i meant to point that that's just an arbitrary term that doesn't really mean anything

• We were doing just fine until the rise of social justice, the idea that common citizens should take the enforcing the law into their own hands. We were also fine when no one talked about race, like in the 90s and early 2000s when we didn't need the black history channel or any other race specific programs. After we started making race the issue in everything we were doomed.

• We thought of people more as individuals in the 90s and early 2000s. Currently we are in this social premise that we have to follow our community's guidelines.

• Lol thanks for illustrating my point

• @Adeline95 The only point I've illustrated is that you refuse to act like an adult and deal with your own problems. You think everyone else should do it for you. That's not true and it never will be. Your problems are your own just like mine are my own. We either deal with them as adults or curl up into little balls and cry like babies.

• I agree a little, but it goes further than that. No a single person is born racist, it is something that is being taught and passed down from generation to generation. But it is on a decline, just look at how many white kids try to act "black". This wasn't the case 40-50 years ago. Also how about we view everyone as a whole, in the end we're all just human aren't we? The pigment of our skin differs but only because of how close to the equator our distant ancestors evolved. The closer the darker the sink, that is all. Other then this, we're all the same, human.

• To do this you need to eradicate humans and their inherent flaws

The key one being the inability to see all as equal. One human race. One sister/brotherhood. They avoid this for much can be gained from perpetuating the divide. Power and profit the two standouts. On top, the powers that be prey on it. They want to accentuate the mindset for there is big bucks to be made. As well as deflecting from real issues.

Very sad :(

• No need to eradicate, just need to change how one thinks. It would be difficult because we are coded to be in communities. It is possible to change our ways of thinking, however I do not see it happening.

• True. The only way it can be changed is if this ideology were to be passed down from generation to generation, but there are too many outside forces for that to be able to happen.

• All about $$$$$$$$

Rich people profit from suffering. Key in this is perpetuating divide

• Racism will never end, because humanity works in tribes - especially during time of ressource-scarcity.

• I totally agree and it gets to the heart of the fact that humans tend to collect and classify people based on there ethnicity, furthermore society conforms to this prejudice, and it is true that when problems arise people prefer to blame someone else or the "other" then take any affective responsibility for solving the issue. All humans are inheritantly racist, some are more honest then others and others are just at different stages of denial.

• You can try to reverse 4000 years of human history. Just dont expect to be successful just because a marxist jew 100 years ago told you that this utopia is possible.

• Outstanding myTake!

• Individualism will never work because there will always be others who decide to work as a group - and an individual can't compete against a group.

• Individualism LUL

• I got a simpler answer.
    People love conflict and will make up one just because. Right now, it's racism, but if a war broke out, race will not be a factor anymore until peace time.

• Well, im sorry but i have to admit that i like very very dark humor
    However, im not racist, and i have friends from different races.

• More from Guys
    13