You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

Here's some reasons you can't get out of the Friendzone.

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone".

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

-The person is not attracted to you.

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

If someone puts you in the friendzone this usually means there is no attraction there, unfortunately attraction is vital for any healthy relationship, i'd say the number 1 reason people get friendzoned is because of lack of attraction and if there is no attraction then its very unlikely this will change.

-No one is obliged to like you.

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

That's right no one has to fancy you, if someone doesn't feel the right way about you shouldn't want them to either, why do you want to try convince someone you're good enough for them, if it doesn't happen naturally?, it makes more sense to just give up.

-If they do change there mind, they will change it again

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

If you do manage to change there mind it is extremely likely they will change there mind once again,

if someone originally didn't want you then suddenly changes there mind its usually because they're going through a rough patch, they were in a bad place (you helped them through it) or they just need someone there right now etc.., once they manage to sort themselves out, its likely you'll be back to square one again.

-You aren't right for them.

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

-Because you shouldn't have to convince someone to feel the right way about you.
You can't deny having to try get someone to like you sucks, why would anyone want to chase someone around like a little puppy dog trying to get themselves noticed and seen in a romantic way, if someone doesn't naturally feel the right way about you i'd say there is a reason for this, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, it just means you're not for them and this should be accepted.

-You weren't first choice.

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

I honestly believe even if the person does happen to change there mind, they will never be happy with you completely, they will start resenting you for not being what they truly want from someone, you aren't "the one" if you had to try and manipulate someone to like you, they will more than likely be day dreaming about other people and wishing they could be with them instead, who wants to be with someone who is always thinking about someone else?, in the end it just will not work.

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

Just because you're friendzoned, does NOT mean there is actually something wrong with you, not everyone is going to like you.

What do you think, do you believe you can make someone like you after no attraction?

Why or why not?

Thanks for browsing :)

You CAN'T get out of the "Friendzone"

2966
PrincessPie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ladies it is perfectly fine to friendzone a guy guess as long as you FUCKING TELL HIM you are not interested in a romantic relationship. Some of you have respect to tell a guy where he stands, but many of you don't.

Be polite and say that although you think he is a decent guy you just don't feel that way about him. It's not hard.

• @CaptainClueless I'm waiting for a take where a woman tells other women how to not be a female douche bag. Friendzoning a guy for exploitive purposes (free meals, attention, using a guy to make other guys jealous, etc) is on top of the list of disgusting female behavior.

This doesn't happen to me anymore because I developed radar for this crap. If I sense a girl I like is friendzoning me I'm long gone. But some of the incidents I endured in my youth still burns from time to time. Hate seeing my younger brothers go through this.

Most Helpful Girl

• "you aren't "the one" if you had to try and manipulate someone to like you"

EXACTLY!

I think there's no point in making someone like me if there's no attraction.

• Well, you wouldn't really have to make someone like you if they already like you.

Haha.

Still true though.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 65

• Here is what everyone should do when they get in ''friend zone''
    Speak the fuck up like : hey! i would like us to be more than friends and best friends. if you get a respond like i like you but blah blah blah, that's when you move along. She is not putting you in the zone but you are putting your self in the zone. If she says : Yeah sure well there you have it.
    Speak up your mind and communicate and learn to accept the outcome.

• I don't feel that this is accurate for a few reasons... both my relationships being one of them. Initially I didn't find either of my girlfriends all that attractive. As time went on though and I developed an emotional attachment to them as people I found them to be far more attractive.

Again for both my relationships we started as friends and there was no intent towards a relationship for a long time eventually though we became interested in each other.

(Admittedly this reason is based only on third hand accounts from a trusted friend. He was my camp counselor and we were talking about relationships). He told me a story about a friend... the only man who got a girl interested by reading her a list of reasons he thought they should be a couple. Initially she wasn't interested. He explained why he thought they worked well together and it peaked her interest. She found she agreed in time and they got married. It's very possible that even if there's NO attraction, and NO interest INITIALLY, both of those things CAN be developed, but they will almost NEVER be developed by forcing it. Let me put it this way... the only way to get out of the friend zone, is to be perfectly content just chilling in the friend zone. If you're not trying to get out you can get out. I know it seems paradoxical or as a contradiction... but still. I dunno just my thoughts on it. =3

• Me trying to escape the friendzone
    thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...dder-sky-20512835.jpg

www.customerexperienceinsight.com/.../146789203.jpg

Nice points. Finally some clarity on the subject

• some girl actually made a take saying it didn't exist a while back

• I saw that it does, and we’re going to get you out of it to find your dream girl on tinder ❤️

• Lol I'm trying my best

I actually deleted it a couple days ago then came back. I had more matches last time.

• I get sick of these guys complaining about being friendzoned when there tactic to get laid was TO PRETEND TO BE HER FRIEND. I mean seriously... she fell for your tactic except she doesn't like getting sexual with her friends. You might notice she doesn't even have sex and threesomes with her other friends. I'm just saying... it's kinda logical if you think about it.

If you weren't her friend from the start, pretended to be, now you're mad about being a friend... WTF did you expect?

• Yeah I see your point. But our feminized culture and the stupid ass #metoo movement is making more and more guys afraid to be straight up from the beginning. Most young men have no idea of the right way to approach women. Our society isn't helping.

• @somewheresomeway I can't help but agree with everything you're saying. I'd have to buy you a beer in a face to face situation at this point.

• Very true, but people shouldn't be so negative about the friendzone, either.

You may not need friends of the opposite sex, per se, but bloody hell, they can be useful.

And there's always plenty more fish in the sea...

• Nothing is impossible, but it is unlikely. Attraction is multifaceted and circumstantial, just like everything else. People do change. They just change slowly. You should never, however, count on getting out of the friendzone. If you've been friendzoned, move on.

• I agree with most of what you said, most people that I know that ended up with someone that had friend zoned them are being used by that person.

• Yes, i agree, if the person does change there mind, it is usually for a self beneficial reason rather than genuine feelings.

• 1|1
  • Nice one!

I actually realized this way back when i was a little boy.

My policy on the matter is pretty much this:

Dont be friends wirh girls you want

• Ahahah I was best friends with a girl i liked. And she never said she doesn't like me when I confessed. She said"We could never be together."Whatever that means. We argued and stopped talking, but made up later, because we both care, but things just ain't like they used to be. She got her own friends circle, i got mine, and we live miles appart. Even If she wanted us to be friends again, i wouldn't accept. Being around her, and be treated like a random friend she knows would be too painful. I don't regret telling her how much she means to me. I'd rather have her know it than be stuck in the friend zone any longer.

• @Flatron exactly.
      If you want to be more than a friend, then you shouldn't let yourself be treated as a friend.
      I totally get where you come from.

• To answer the question at the end, no. I mean in my case it was a little different, but I was always attracted to her and she became even more attractive.

But even still, she could have married someone else and I could have married someone else and that would have been that too. Stroke of luck broke the friendzone more than anything.

• No, you can't make someone like you. I think someone can end up liking you later on though. It's happened to me and many others. However, in that moment, you should leave them alone. Maybe one day their feelings will change but you shouldn't sit around waiting for that to happen.

• This is true 99% of the time.

I believe you can escape the friendzone if you have Game and you play your cards right 😎

Great Take PrincessPie 👍👍

• Anyone in the friendzone is not a true friend.
    Those people are scum. They just hang around, hoping their "friend's" relationships falter, just so they can get a chance with them. That is sick at the very least. ugh.
    I've never done that. If she says, no, I will be a friend, but I've moved on to the next one.

• I was looking for where you screwed up, but you hit a Home Run.

I learned my lesson while in college, when I really liked a chick.

I felt so uncomfortable and it felt like I was walking around egg shells. Smh

That experience taught me that if your boring or funny or whatever and a person likes you they will still like you and find you interesting.

If someone doesn't desire you then move on.

There's plenty of fish in the ocean for both men and women.

• The unique reason you get friendzoned is because the person isn´t attracted to you, and you can get off, i have seen this happening, but not without going to the gym and getting the packs, if you understand me.

• Everything here is (mostly) true, though it is possible to get out of the friendzone. I've done it, and it takes time (YEARS). Though I suppose you'd probably say that she changed her mind, and she could change it again.

I've learned that the best thing to do is to respect her decision, though the "game" isn't yet over, and know when to cut ties and move on.

• I want a lover who is my best friend. Is that too much to fucking ask?

• No, i think everyone wants that, that isn't what the take means lol..

• Usually people can't extradite the two though. And for good reason, it's a very thin grey line. And I disagree with many of the points on here but I don't want to get into it. I don't feel like typing my own My Take I'm this response.

• Thanks for sharing.

• You know when it is happening deal with it. Everyone and I mean everyone has friends outside the circle so do it, talk to them, mix with them, get involved, it will soon be a faint memory and you will be having more fun.

• Great take! If they don't like you, leave! You're only hurting yourself.

• More from Guys
    45

What Girls Said 28

• There's a lot of flaws with the myTake. And I can say why:

1. The fact is there is no such thing as the friendzone. This is a made up concept due to people who want sex with somebody who clearly shut them down. They have to have logical reasons why they want to date, let alone have sex with that person.

2. There is nothing wrong with being friends first before deciding if dating is the right move to go. This is the smart move than dating strangers.

3. Just because somebody only sees you as a friend. It doesn't mean they aren't attracted to you. At least physically. There is more to attraction than just physical or sexual.

4. "If you do manage to change there mind it is extremely likely they will change there mind once again,
    if someone originally didn't want you then suddenly changes there mind its usually because they're going through a rough patch, they were in a bad place (you helped them through it) or they just need someone there right now etc.., once they manage to sort themselves out, its likely you'll be back to square one again." This is flat out common sense here. If this person is fickle why date them, let alone be a friend? If people actually have this problem, it says a lot about how they view relationships. A person who values friendship and relationships in general don't have this problem.

5. "... unfortunately attraction is vital for any healthy relationship," Not entirely true. It is should be on the very last of the list of importance. This is how people get fickle, have problems, and eventually end up cheating because they are always trying to find somebody or something wrong with their partner. This is not priority until AFTER you've cleared up about some things.

6. There is no such thing as 'THE ONE' also. People who believe in the one have serious issues, and can't accept 'reality' that who you choose is a choice. And you either make the right choice or you may end up with trouble.

Either way, I don't like the whiny 'she friendzoned me' guys. My requirements for dating is being friends for a while first and then see how it goes. If they don't like it, they can take a hike. Some girls perfer just being friends first. Unless the person tells you exactly why they said no, it's not cool to assume they aren't attracted to you or don't like you. 9/10X male or female, they usually just want to be with you for sex.

• I understand most of your arguments, though how can you say that attraction should be at the bottom of the list when finding a partner? I mean i'd say that is very important, its becomes less important when emotional attachment sets in, but i do think if you aren't attracted to someone that is going to be the road for a disaster.

• @Shadow44

Sadly you have to look at it like this. Who believes in premarital sex and who doesn't? For plenty that do, sex and physical attraction is what they want, but many fail. For those who don't they often last in marriages, BUT, when they follow the idea that physical attraction is a must, they often fail like those who do believe. It has to do with mindset and whether or not they understand what relationships, especially a marriage entitles.

A person who wants to change have to change on their own accord. Even if they are going through something, it is still wise for them to stay single. But many don't want to and still hurt others and themselves.

• I agree with you there too to be honest.

• This is so incredibly true. I think one of the main points is that you weren't their first choice and basically you would need to beg and plead your way into not being just friends with them, and that all seems like a super desperate move. No one is obligated to like you, so it's just a hard lesson some folks have to learn.

• I agree with you completely. This whole friendzone thing has gotten out of hand. Not everyone fancies us, it's the truth. Girls are not obligated to like you, these feelings just happen. And just because a girl happens not to like a particular nice guy, does not mean she doesn't want a guy to be nice and treat her well. We can't like every nice guy in the world.

• Frienzone or not. Either way you should try once or two then leave.
    A story happening with my coworker he pursue me in a crazy way.
    He keep trying to buy me coffee, food, help me with my work talk to me even tho he knows I’m ignoring him on Snapchat. He didn’t take No as an answer

• So many of my coworkers do this.

Are you sure you are acting like this because he is not a female?

• @chriss He’s a guy

• Actually, you can. Just leave a good impression. Then set a distance. Then you go back with much better version of you. Sometimes it takes years, but yes, you can.

• I wish I had put this guy I met long ago in the friend zone. He was really sweet and caring and perfect for me but we fell for each other too fast and the relationship lasted for just over a month. I feel if we had stayed friends I would still have him in my life and would not feel the pain of losing him. I really miss him because we started off as best friends and then he became my lover and I adored him but one day he just left, no closure at all. So yeah sometimes the friend zone can be good if you want to keep someone in your life. You know what they say - friends to lovers forever, lovers to friend never.

• It's usually guys with weird ideas who think that they can get any woman they want out of the friend zone
    They're either stupid or have no respect for themselves and others
    Or both

• I agree with it. The whole point of relationship is attraction, you don't come into relationship with someone whome you're not attracted to. And obviously a person can't grow feelings out of the blue.

• Hmm, I think it's definitely possible to escape the 'friendzone' but also definitely rare. A super well-written take anyway! :)

• You can it just depends what kind of relationship you want to have. It's never going to be an intense romantic one but you could be really close friends and share a lot.

• You can get out of the friendzone by walking away from the person for good.

• Thank you! Lmao exactly this! Like you said it isn't meant to be and so why force it?

• I actually don't try. Someone does or doesn't. I like me.:)

• Yes you can. Just varies; depending on the 2 people in the situation.

• Nice take

• Love this take

• I agree.

• Good post

• Nailed it.

• That's funny and true!

• More from Girls
    8