It's Okay to be a Slut

Slut, hoe, whore, skank, whatever you want to call it. In a world that shames sluts, this is why you shouldn't be ashamed of being one.

It's Okay to be a Slut

1. Sex is Healthy

As long as you're being safe and using protection, not only is sex fun, but it's also good for your body in many different ways. Obviously, it helps burn calories, but it also reduces stress, helps you sleep better, puts you in a better mood, eases pain and improves your immune system and heart health.

Of course, anyone could come up and say that the risk for pregnancy, STDs, etc are increased, but when condoms are 98% effective and the pill is 99%, it's worth the risk in my opinion.

It's Okay to be a Slut

2. Double Standards

Guys often show sleeping around as a good thing and tend to be praised for it, but if a girl decides to sleep around, she's a slut. I realize that not everyone thinks of it like that, but it's clear that most people do. But really, it's her body and her choice. The number of people a woman has slept with should not determine the kind of person she is. Men are not subjected to being looked at as objects or a walking sex doll. They are not judged by who they've slept with or how many, they are judged by the kind of person they are. Why aren't women?

It's Okay to be a Slut

3. Confidence

It helps to boost your confidence. Before you freak out, know that I don't mean to suggest that a woman needs a man to love herself. But being a 'slut' helps you discover this whole other world where a lot of guys want you. Knowing this boosts confidence in most cases. Being comfortable with your body gives you the confidence to be more outgoing and to try new things.

It's Okay to be a Slut

4. You're an Expert

Once you've explored a few things and been with a few people, you're pretty much an expert on everything that goes on. Also, knowing that you can be there for your friends to answer any embarrassing questions they might have is a good feeling. Sometimes there are things that you can't ask your parents and can't find the answers on Google.

It's Okay to be a Slut

5. You Know How to Open Up to Someone

Sex isn't always emotional or spiritual or any of that other crap. Sometimes sex is just sex. But sex can be an amazing, intimate experience where both people bare their souls to each other and choose to be vulnerable, or it can just be physical with a casual "that was fun" at the end of it. Your sexual experiences can be whatever you want them to be, as long as it's consensual and you're both having fun.

It's Okay to be a Slut

6. Life is Too Short

There is nothing wrong with telling anyone and everyone that you have a great and diverse sex life. It's also okay to be proud of not having a sex life at all. Owning who you are and what you decide to do with your body is something everyone—men and women—should do. While being proud of your sex life is great, saving yourself until marriage or just for the right person to come along is good too. Life is too short to be pressured by what society and the media tell us we should be doing with our lives. What's important is being comfortable with who you are regardless of the number of sexual partners, or lack thereof, you've been with.

It's Okay to be a Slut

3096

Most Helpful Guy

• it's fine as long as the slut is ok with the emotional and physical consequences that can come from a life of promiscuity.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me correct you since you´re talking nonsense.

1. Sex is healthy.

Yes, sex is healthy, however if you have it with too many people it isn´t. Because:
    A. It affects someone emotionally. "The impact of these high risk behaviors on one’s emotional health includes making dangerous choices that lead to more and more risk. This cycle can lead to problems with self-concept, ineffective relationships, and even depression," notes Fitzgerald. If you think logically about it, it makes sense.

B. I don´t know if you know but when you have sex with someone you exchange a lot, not only emotionally, but also stuff like bacteria and cells. Imagine how many stuff you´ll get from different men, yúck.

C. The diseases. Protection won´t help you with them all darling. It´s a myth. The problem is that not all STDs are spread through semen, meaning a condom may not be the magic shield you thought it was. "Anything that can be spread with skin-to-skin contact is not going to be protected for by a condom," Tami Rowen, M. D., an ob/gyn at UCSF Medical Center specializing in sexual health concerns, tells SELF.

D. Divorce rates amonst promiscuous women aren´t high for nothing. New scientific studies, however, suggest that if a woman has multiple sexual partners, this will lower her levels of oxytocin which in turn can inhibit her ability to bond to her husband. According to an article by Drs. John Diggs and Eric Keroack, “People who have misused their sexual faculty and become bonded to multiple persons will diminish the power of oxytocin to maintain a permanent bond with an individual.”

I could go on about health lmao.

What you are doing is promoting self destructive behaviour.

• I´m not done, you just wait. I gotta correct the rest lol.

• Thank you for the answer, it was quire revealing. I can say that I have witnessed most of what you have mentioned in your reply with my last ex. She had over 30+ partners (male and female), told me that she tried everything in bed. On the second meeting she instantly started talking about how she wants to try MFM. When I have tried to talk about non sex related stuff she always started playing with her phone or had no opinion or did not even answer. She never tried to ask how I am doing or how was my day. I even have told her that I feel like total strangers and I just want some normal human contact and talk not just sex. She started laughing and suggested that we could meet during day briefly. And eventually she said that she does not feel anything to me and she wants to brake up because she is better alone.

• Wow, this opinion, together with those replies, is like the best I ever read on gag!
      You should be so proud of yourself and your views! Not views, just pure knowledge actually!
      It's so true that many girls use sex as a form of self-mutilation! And that once you start having multiple partners you become unable to bond to any, and I think it's completely the same for men!
      We need people like you writing MyTakes, not tards like these, who try to rewrite basic common sense to support their world of delusions!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 95

• All of those are incorrect. Sex is not healthy when you have it with multiple people. In fact its quite unhealthy, it increases your risk of STD's, it increases the risk of pregnancy, its particularly damaging to you psychologically to the point where some psychologist are starting to define it as a form of self harm. We know that it increases a persons chance at developing anxiety (so no it doesn't increase confidence) depression, increased rates of cheating and divorce and an increased dissatisfaction with long term relationships (which also shows that it does not make you more able to "open up" to people). It also having a lot of sex does not make you an expert, for one thing every one is different and like different things so they have to constantly start from scratch instead of developing a deeper connection and really understanding what their partner does and does not enjoy. Secondly the more sex you have the less satisfied with it you are. Multiple surveys show that for instance liberals are far more likely to have more sex YET it is conservatives who have less of it that report being more satisfied with their sex lives. The reason of course as I pointed out is that when you are with one person you can actually get to know them, learn what they like and because you are being intimate with them (as opposed to just having sex wich is what promiscuity is) you are actually inclined to care what your partner wants because they actually matter to you for more then just what physical sensation you can get from them. Life is short that is true, but what does that mean? Lifes short so would you rather spend it going from fast food restraint to fast food restaurant or just one high end five star restaurant? I mean short fleeting meaningless sensations that you will not remember a week from now or something deep and meaningful that will change your life forever? Which one sounds more appealing? Their is a reason why disfunction and promiscuity go hand in hand, its not healthy its skewed priorities and ultimately leaves the person broken (statistically most promiscuous people regret being promiscuous). Meanwhile it destroys your ability to have a long lasting relationships which according to statistics marriage and those long relationships actually create the most happiness in a person, far more then one night stands which actually increase a persons dissatisfaction, not to mention creates a unstable environment for children.

• Another day, another Take that is seriously lacking in insight on this subject.

Fucking around is linked to low self esteem, not confidence. It has real world consequences that you do not mention, as well.

Most people who behave in this way, later regret it. That says it all, really.

• Ugh, as if the liberal idiots aren't doing enough sluttery promotion on their own...

Its not okay to be a slut.
    People shame sluts for good reason. So that females will have an incentive to behave. Especially younger girls from your own family.
    Every good family will disapprove of sluttery in girls the same way they would disapprove criminality in boys.

Double standards exist for a reason.
    Im not sure if you noticed, but men and women aren't the same. We are not equal, we are very, very different.
    And apparently f*cking around doesn't damage men like it does to women. This is a fact.

F*cking around destroys a woman's femininity , she loses her character.
    All sluts i have ever known had the worst, most undesirable personality.
    So bad, that i felt bad for they guy who would eventually wife that up, in some cases.

Confidence.
    again...
    I have never seen a woman be more confident after a ons or casual hookup of any sort
    Different story if its with her partner.
    But this can apply to men tough.

Sex, is a lot of sacrifice to make in order to be an "expert".
    If you spent more attention on peoples behaviours and mannerisms , etc you wouod be an expert without needing sex.

Same with point 5.

Life is short and may just get shorter if you have too much risky activities like sex with multiple strangers

• 1. Sluts have no self respect
    2. Sluts use sex to get what they want
    3. Sluts have no limits, they'll sleep with anyone, even if they are in a relationship or the person they sleep with is in a relationship
    4. Sluts use sex to avoid their own personal issues (usually 'daddy issues')
    5. Sluts are hard to make friends with, because they're only interested in sex
    6. Sluts are not emotionally mature people

These are a few of the common stereotypes associated with being a slut.

Does this mean every 'slut' acts this way? No. But the stereotypes associated with the word are negative, and people tend to shy away from someone who chooses to label themselves in such a way.

• I'm a man slut and most of the sluts that I fucked were pretty insecure. They fucked me because they felt that was the only thing they could offer and then tried to manipulate me into relationships. Not saying all, but that's been my experience. If you want to sleep around, then sure... just sleep around. I wouldn't think that a girl is confident just because she can suck dick when she wants to though.

• "Guys often show sleeping around as a good thing and tend to be praised for it, but if a girl decides to sleep around, she's a slut." I often hear people say this and it's bullshit. It just shows that you don't realize that the real world isn't a sitcom. Men are not PRAISED for sleeping around, nor are they called "studs" like some people think. Women are seen as sluts and men are seen as fuckboys. So no, no matter what you think of the stigma, there is definitely no double standards. The difference is that a girl can defend herself by shouting about "slut shaming".
    "Men are not subjected to being looked at as objects or a walking sex doll. They are not judged by who they've slept with or how many, they are judged by the kind of person they are. Why aren't women?" Because how much sex you have had CAN say a lot about what kind of person you are. And this goes for men as well.
    "It helps to boost your confidence. Before you freak out, know that I don't mean to suggest that a woman needs a man to love herself. But being a 'slut' helps you discover this whole other world where a lot of guys want you." Yes, but the type of man you'd want to finally end up with when you feel like finally settling down would NOT be attracted to that.
    Now, that being said, I don't think anyone should be judged for doing what they want with their sex life, as long as no one is getting hurt by it. Just know that there are consequences to your actions, and one of those consequences is that you will be judged by some people. That goes for men and women, sluts and prudes, short and tall, whatever. No one has a right to not be judged.
    But just because I don't think anyone should be judged for doing things they enjoy, I don't think it's something to be "owned" either. Having sex is not an accomplishment, it's nothing to be proud of. (#SlutPride) You're literally just going along with our most primitive function as a sexually dimorphic species.
    I use the words "sluts" and "fuckboys" for people who use sex in ways that hurt other people, like cheaters or people who use sex to get their way.

• Everyone take not. The person above is not fit to give advice to ANYONE.

You hear that? ANYONE!!! She gives confidence as a reason... if you rely on sex for confidence you are a BROKEN HUMAN BEING!!!

"but goochbreaker! Wouldn't that mean most of us are broken human beings?"

YES, IT MEANS EXACTLY THAT. Don't listen to this hedonist fool, she may be smart politically or an amazing scientist, but she knows shit all about this subject.

• If a woman wants to be civil then that is ok with me when she is elegant.
    At least I know such woman.
    Personal I am not the beast in a man , man even many woman like it that way.
    Personally I go for the elegant woman.
    Personal I feel repulsion for a slut.

• Keep telling yourself that. No decent, self-respecting man would ever date you. Just view you as a sperm receptacle.

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../67b.jpg

• There is always some benefits in something, in this case am 100% sure it benefits to have easier communication to the opposite gender and sex it self.
    It is something else when it comes to morals for girls and boys too, if a guy has many girls he is an idiot and be called for typical DOUCHEBAG and for me is the same as slut but for men. The score it's never a good thing in this case.

• It's okay to be a slut, sure. No one will fine you or take away your driver's license or throw you in prison.

However, can you be okay with men using *their* freedoms, including their freedom to decide that they don't want to have relationships or date promiscuous/slutty women? There's the rub.

• Sex is Healthy:
    Sex is healthy, but for a young or a women who does not have her life in complete financial stability having a baby can be detrimental to her wellbeing, the babies health and the mother's mental health. Condoms are 98 percent effective only if they do not tear during sex and are put on correctly otherwise all of the condoms protections are lost. The contraceptive pill causes mood swings and is a known cause of depression in young women. A women's mental health will not be better on contraceptives. If the average "slut" has sex with 20 people on the pill or using the condom the risk there is a 33% chance that contraception will not be effective.

Double Standard:
    You see, to start with, often why men are not disparaged for having sex is because it is usually more difficult for men to find a partner. Nature holds that true, women have different criteria are more frivolous in their selection of who to have sex than men. The risk for a women during intercourse is much higher than a man's.

Confidence:
    While it does boost confidence true confidence could be said to be self-confidence. Everyone needs other people's positive opinions to gain some self-esteem, but, a woman does not need a lustful man's opinion for an ego-boost. Having men dominate you isn't an empowering activity; the ability to be seek this, is, the act, however, isn't.

You're An Expert:
    Can't argue this, experience does maketh an expert, though I would dispute whether this kind of expertise is truly helpful."𝑂𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛". You have explored an activity that puts the participant in danger (as shown above).

You Know How To Open Up To Someone:
    This is fine.

Life Is Too Short:
    Life is too short to not try some drugs either but that doesn't mean we should do it. On the point of sexual diversity, diversity is less to do with the number of partners but the activity with those partners. Stronger and more crucial bonds can be formed through monogamy and sexual life can become more diverse through experience with one or a few people rather than a free-for-all in this age. Being comfortable with yourself should be something derived form achievement and self-recognition rather than promiscuity.

Finally, regardless or your opinion, thank you for your time.

• Its also okay to go shopping in your undewear or shit in the street infront of everyone but it ain't a good idea sweetie and so is being a slut.

Coming from a guy who rejected at least 3 slutty girls

• Actually, I don’t think that’s allowed in most countries.

• I mean I don't think its OK thats just weird to say. I'm sorry just being real I've met and seen a lot of girls that are quote on quote sluts and a lot of them don't really have a healthy mental state but who am I to judge I won't critize anyone's life style but I will still express what I think and the truth of the matter

• I would not advice casual sex for neither men or women. It isn't healthy at all to the well being of a person.

Nevertheless, if that's what they desire to do then so be it.

• You’re one of the first comments that isn’t misogynistic and actually makes sense.

• You do you, its your body.
    Its terrible to live the life of a slut.
    I don't agree with your attempt to advocate for constant searching of temporary pleasures. Moderation is key and moderation doesn't make you a slut.

• It's okay to be a slut, just as it is okay to prefer not to be with one.

• Ya, however, being a slut yourself and then degrading female sluts is wrong to me.

• Oh, no, I didn’t mean it like that. Sorry.

(Though the amount of partners that makes someone a slut is subjective, someone who believes in purity until marriage and one life partner might consider you a slut)

I just meant it like, I hope you don’t place double standards on women. Regardless of yourself haha.

• @bente2
      no, i don't. To me specifics and circumstances matter to me more.

• I agree...
    You just have to remember that we are products of the culture we were brought up in...
    So the general opinion of the society we were brought up in, will be ingrained in us, whether we want it or not.

• i really think it is ok, well i don´t like it, but there is nothing wrong about it, i defend your your right to have your own experiences as long as you are not harming someone, destroying things and etc.

• Why don't we promote Guys not being sexually promiscuous and respecting women, before we promote behavior which is detrimental to society, like promiscuity
    #ProtectOurWomen
    #HonorOurWomen
    #FulfillMasculineDuties
    #StopMediaJews

• Aye, it completely baffles me that in the past women wanted men to stop sleeping around, but now they want *more* women to do exactly that. If you ask me, both men and women would be better off being less promiscuous.

• @Langseax You are exactly right
      Well said

• More from Guys
    75

What Girls Said 29

• I had a baby with my classmate a month ago and we had sex again and im pregnant again what should I do? ↗

So its okay for this 14yr old too right?

Dont you think its messed up to impress this kind of ideology on young women and young men?

• I don't agree because I am a woman. There are famous quotes,
    "girls want attention, women demand respect."

Sluts have nothing to do with feminism because they objectify themselves and treat themselves like sexual objects. Shamelessness is not confidence. What is a woman without shyness, dignity and self-respect?

Tomorrow, you will say it is okay to be a pornstar and a prositute and no one wants to marry a pornstar and a prostitute. You would not want your father, brother, husband or son to cheat on their wives because of homewreckers or marry a pornstar, prostitute or a slut who has slept with 10 men.

“Girls are like apples... the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree...”

Sluts are rotten apples who sell their beauty and body, and are like an item on shelf, "available, ready to be sold." They show they are nothing more than a pretty face and a body. They are after lust not love.

A woman should only sleep with one man preferably her husband or someone she intends to marry, her love, beauty should only be for partner not the entire world.

Sluts are the type who end being broken, when they are used and dumped. If they open up to someone, the man will think if someone was else was in place she would have opened up to him. What is the point of having a pretty face and a body if your heart, mind, soul is beautiful, if a human has no self-respect?

A woman's dignity is more delicate even if men are spoiled still sluts cannot justify themselves. It is not necessary sluts get along with other women especially if they are different. Sluts like to get along with sluts.
    Don't be too open minded that your brains fall out.

Be possessive about your self-respect. Your body will return to the grave and turn into dust, don't be proud about it. God didn't give a woman body to commit adultery. Women influence the society and children's upbringing more. Women can turn men into good and bad human beings, and they can make a home or destroy a home. They can turn a home into paradise or a burning hell.

• All this might be true to a certain degree, but in the meantime, the "girls" in the above saying/quote have fun, while the "women" in the above saying/quote have cats... 😂😂😂

• Wow, Ms Michelle!
    I don't know anyone that could have said it better.
    I have said many of those things here and there but the way you have put it all together so fluently is way over-the-top excellent!
    And having been called a slut many times myself, especially by other jealous girls, I want to thank you so much for the GREAT POST for which I agree whole heartedly!!

• I don't think the majority of us want someone who's been around the whole block a few times, regardless of gender. I'd be concerned about their priorities and trustworthiness of a guy like that and I'm sure guys feel the same about those types of girls.

• um excuse me some of us want to keep that spark in sex, sluts don't. Its not ok too be a slut cause one sluts don't care how old a man is or if they goot a std, unlike prostitues, they are better than sluts cause they got a buisness. You made this mytake cause your a slut urself. Sex maybe fun but it isn't fun if your doing it with 90 men a week. thats disgusting. Unlike men, women don't have that many testemons like men do, so ofc men are more horny then women and they can control it and not sleep around that much. Your just finding exuses to sleep around a lot. And to know the fact sluts and fuck bois have a more change to cheat in a relationship cause they don't want to be commited and fool around with people older anad younger than them. Just so you know, many of us don't want that and actuallly wanna commit in life. And men are gonna slut shame cause they don't want left overs and a loose pussy and I don't blame them. We know life is short but that doesn't mean we all gotta sleep with 50 people a day. take you dumb mytake and shove it up your slutty ass. wheree is the dislike button on these post

• No sweetheart, many casual flings will ruin you, you might not even get to have a real relationship now cause nobody wants a promiscuous woman. Pick sense out of non-sense.

• Nice take. Who cares what societies paradigms are? Most of them just limit people's experiences. Women should be able to be whatever they want to be and not just baby making machines in a patriarchal society.

I especially like the math t the end. (I have an engineering degree and I used that formula to pick guys up at school. "Can you help me solve this integral?" Ha ha ha. It worked.) Enjoy!

• and then you realise you get more empty and nihilistic and go back searching for a real meaning in life. cause as you said its freaking short.

• No it's not okay under any circumstance. Sure some guys say its okay, just to get in your pants, but sluts aren't respected.

• Promiscuous act is never okay for anyone. Be a civilized human being. Does the world really lack other methods of being healthy? I can be healthy without losing my dignity.

• I say be who you want to be. It's nobody's business. Everyone should be happy no matter what people think of them.

• well put. people shouldn't be made to feel ashamed of doing things they enjoy. so long as they practice safe sex what's the problem

• It shouldn't really matter tbh. All long as you protect yourself, and only mess with people who aren't committed then you good fam.

• Hope this is a troll.

• The answer is no it's not.. no.. just no.

• Sorry, hun, but it is not OK to be a slut.

• No, it is not.

• This is why no one can ever slut shame me :)

• Depends what's your definition of a slut.

• Nice take.

• More from Girls
    9