School Kids Plan Walkout - They Are Fed Up with Prayers and Thoughts and Good Wishes

The times may be changing in Trump's America.

Maryland's ban on 45 kinds of assault weapons and its 10-round limit on gun magazines was upheld Tuesday by a federal appeals court in a decision that met with a strongly worded dissent.

In a 10-4 ruling, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, said the guns banned under Maryland's law AREN'T protected by the Second Amendment.

And now on April 20, 2018, school children around the country in public and private schools will be signed out and walk out at 11:00 am Colorado time, and march to mayors’ offices, governors’ offices, the White House, local NRA offices, Mar-a-Lago, campaign offices, etc. Enough is enough. And saying “enough is enough” is getting old. Not one more student should die by gun violence.

School kids plan walkout - they are fed up with prayers and thoughts and good wishes.

Maybe just maybe someone will listen to them, since it's their lives on the line. And the kids facing the potential bullets don't give two shits about Fox/Right wing talking points which blame gun problems on every single thing under the sun except guns.

#FloridaSchoolShooting

1227

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd be fed up with prayers and thoughts.

clearly the thoughts and prayers haven't done a damn thing. i'm glad to see these young people motivated and activated. it's their lives at risk. adults advocating for them hasn't been met with change so perhaps if politicians see and hear the faces and voices of those most immediately impacted they will respond

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

• If I lived there and was a kid going to school... I'd start being home-schooled.

Nothing is going to change... and kids are going to keep getting gunned down because politicians need some extra pocket money. How lovely for the politicians that LOOOOVE their fellow Americans.

Make America great again! Yaaaay!

• i've thought i wanted my kids in public school because i believe in the public school system but i really don't know if i could in good conscious put them into that situation. private schools are pricey but at least they don't have the same issues. luckily i have a few years to decide

• @madhatters4 Yeah... it's really rough for America. If I had kids and lived in America, they'd either be home schooled or go to private schools - or boarding schools abroad - anything is safer than this.

• I don't know what the solution to these massacres are, if there was an easy one, it would've been put in place by now. What I do agree with is something has to change. Innocent kids my age and under are being murdered.

Congress needs to come to a compromise/consensus asap

• there is an easy one.

Gun laws.

• @BaileyisDarcy The laws are relatively easy. Getting intransigents to acknowledge that amendments in the bill of rights have happened multiple times in the past and it didn't mean the end of civilisation.. . That's hard.

The 2nd amendment is not written in stone, no matter how much they like to pretend it is.

• These kids are concerned for their safety. School shootings are the norm and it seems that nothing is being done to change that.

• There are about 30,000 high schools in the US and millions of students and this happens like once or twice a year? How is that the norm?

• Considering the amount of killing sprees that happen in the states and the normalization of this stereotypical phenomena by some is crazy. Guns are practical tools to kill with, or would we give a soldier in combat just a knife? Guns can cause much more damage in a quicker amount of time than a knife or fist could. So mental health issues + easily obtainable guns is what you get.

• yup... Dude you are just conditioned in a bubble
      shootings in the USA are the norm...

that's for sure
      mass shootings in general are the norm... every few months you'll get a mass shooting somewhere... that's not even including the little stranglers shooting each other up daily lol

• Lawmakers shouldn't fear the uproar surrounding those who passed. They should fear the teenagers and children who watched their friends die.

• This is funny. Kids love any excuse to walk out of school. Kids have been getting killed around the world since schools were invented. Guns or no guns people get killed. We didn't walk out as students, we stayed and got an education. If not guns, then bombs, swords, gases, powders, natural disasters. I can guarantee that they aren't walking out for a cause they don't really understand though. Walking out won't solve mental illness or a society that teaches people to devalue life overnight. Walking out won't teach them that fixing the problem for the next generation is on their heads when they raise their own children. Walking out is meaningless. A few may try it with good intentions, but it's a useless effort. Until the U. S. focuses on valuing children and life more overall, we will have the violence that we currently do. Fixing the problem starts at home.

• you are seriously twisted lol..
      "Kids have been getting killed around the world since schools were invented. Guns or no guns people get killed. We didn't walk out as students, we stayed and got an education"

• I encourage you pay attention to how your fellow people actually feel...

fast forward here to 2:45 --> clear as day girly... clearly as day...
      point finale, end of story...

• Sorry but this isn't going to help anything. Same thing with the NFL players kneeling... what did it do? And dont say bring awareness. That phrase is used and it doesn't mean anything anymore.

• Nothing will change. It's the way the US is. Guns before all. Good luck to all normalizing people getting shot frequently in a first world country.

• That's why the kids are quoting George W. Bush "if you're not with us, you're against us!"

• The point of the take is that mass movements have utterly defied the prevailing wisdom recently. Trumps America may surprise us all.

• Ain't shit gonna change, America love their guns to much to care about people's safety.

• Nice to see in ky birthday kids will be leaving school

• Why bring this shit onto GirlsAskGuys?

• Same reason religious freaks and God botherers do.

• Who cares, Im sick of it all. all of them

• This is cringe worthy no doubt organised by left wing teachers.
    Schools are a target because they are unguarded and have large numbers of people boxed in. Schools need to be guarded to discourage the next kid with mental issues with his mind warped on antidepressants and with access to their parents firearms.

• Not sure where that first photo is coming from
      But first of all I like to point out that is an M1, at world war 2
      Second as some one that lives in Israel, and was in school here, its not common to see a teacher walking around with a wepone
      If at all they got a pistol, and its because they where an officer in the army, and living in a dangers area, so have one for self protection
      For the most part in Israel school you hire a wepone escort AKA as a guard that comes with in trips, at school there is a guard in the entrance of pretty much every public area with over X amount of people
      Why its so odd for me to walking in places like the US, when you walk into a mall and no one outside is looking into your bags or anything, no metal detectors...

The point remine the say, just like to point out second photo is more correct for Israel then the first one

• While this might work, can I just point out, as a vertan’s kid, that many of them have PTSD and other mental issues that could potentially lead to jumping the gun and shooting without realizing at someone or something who is not a shooter? My dad jumps if he sees something on the side of the road... no offense to him, I highly respect all that he has done for us, but I wouldn’t want him to have a gun at a school in case he flinched like that... does this make sense guys? And, I mean... it’s not super uncommon for a soldier to come back and hurt his FAMIlY after war time... I highly respect soldiers, but I’d be concerned with how much they have seen and the split second descisions they have had to make in war and how it would effect them in a school environment... ok?

What Guys Said 26

• Well technically the second amendment states that their right to bare arms shall not be infringed i. e. any limitation on the baring of arms is illegal per the constitution. Secondly the notion that banning guns will stop school violence is idiotically stupid as murder is already illegal i. e. banned, and that didn't stop the killer so making guns illegal will just mean that either they will get weapons illegally (as many do) or they will just make a bomb (as happened with the boston marathon) resulting in a worse situation as not only did you manage to not stop the violence but you also managed to remove the one means of mitigating said violence, the rightful baring of arms by law abiding citizens for the explicit purpose of self defense. The notion that restricted access to guns will fix the problem (the problem of a person being so disgruntled that they wish to hurt some one (not the problem of guns spontaneously killing people) is also not just logically unsound but statistically inaccurate as the countries with the most mass shootings are Norway (heavily restrictive gun laws), finland (heavily restrictive gun laws), Slovakia (heavily restrictive gun laws), Israel (heavily restrictive gun laws), and Sweden (heavily restrictive gun laws). It also doesn't help in general violence as again, statistically speaking the reduction of gun violence leads to an increase in other forms of violence which results in an over all negating effect, meaning their is no overall change in violence as has been found by multiple studies, one specifically being from Harvard: www.law.harvard.edu/.../...2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
    So again, not only does common sense and logic tell us this is an absurd notion (the give away in this being that children are being used to protest gun ownership as people are far more likely to respond emotionally in this situation then logically) but also statistics show us that its an absurd notion as well. I mean who would blame an inanimate object for the actions of others? I no more blame a car for being driven drunk then I would a gun which was used to harm an innocent person, its just not a rational response.

• They are the only ones who can make a change. My generation has failed them. So you young folks in America must become the leaders.

Otherwise, we are doomed.

I have said this a thousand times. This new generation of Americans must become our most intelligent, most capable, and most courageous generation America has ever produced. Otherwise, the human race will not make it.

• Just my 2 cents, the human race is not represented by America. You guys have been screwing up for a long time, makes not much difference to the rest of the world. We're laughing.

• @monkeynutts 1) lol who are you? 2) It's not to be taken literally, but the word recognises Americas mistakes and looks in disbelief. Just is what it is.

• Hey mate I agree totally with you, I think things will change, for the better. Australians and Americans have had a close relationship for a long time. We care.

• I don't know how the courts can be so dumb to think that AR-15s aren't protected under the second amendment. It meets all the criteria the supreme court set for guns that are protected by the second amendment.

• Are nuclear weapons protected under the second amendment?

• @LittleSally the AR-15 is made to be a sporting rifle. It is no different from any other hunting rifle.

• I'm sorry... you completely missed my point.

• First of all, schools don't educate anybody, they don't even indoctrinate anymore, they just waste your fucking time. There's nothing you can learn in school from Kindergarten to University that you couldn't just Google for free, and learn more about it in less time.

Secondly, these kids don't even give a shit about guns or anything else besides temporary pleasure. And the only kids who do care are just brainwashed idiots for the most part.

Thirdly, Anybody who gives a shit what high school kids think, say, do, or believe is even stupider than they are, and I am totally not surprised that this includes at least 75% of the country. What a Confederacy of Dunces this country truly is. My God.

Fourth, I personally will not relinquish my guns, and neither will about 25% of all gun-owners, so if you want to turn every street and neighborhood in the country into a shooting gallery and lose 10,000 cops the first day, go ahead and try to confiscate our guns.

Fifth, if you're not going to come and confiscate, then what the fuck are you wasting time blowing hot air out of your mouth, you fucking retard? Come get them! Right now! Or else shut the fuck up. I don't know why anybody thinks guns are "up for debate." There's no fucking debate! You can talk all you want, but the moment you try and physically remove my guns, I start shooting. Period. So debate all you want, you're just moving air around with your mouth.

tobefree.files.wordpress.com/.../...anmolyneux.jpg

i.redditmedia.com/...ty0dw3z9IZf01E5NQ5PJC74L4.jpg

• Maryland is wrong. All guns are protected under the second amendment and I look forward to seeing their laws challenged in federal courts and the supreme court. The second amendment is listed second in the Bill of Rights for a reason. If you don't want kids to get shot in schools, protect them. Their should be armed police officers on every campus.

• The Supreme Court has already decided not to hear the case. So good luck with that.

• It'll come up eventually. The law is still actively being challenged, so good luck with stopping us. It will come to civil war before the second amendment goes as it should. Corrupt governments deserve to be brought down.

• I can't say I have any real problem with banning certain weapons. Truthfully though, I don't see how this will change anything. A shooter can show up with 4-5 handguns with 30-40 magazines loaded and ready to go.

The root of this isn't guns it is the evil, messed up people this society is producing. Guns have been around for hundreds of years. People deciding to go on mass killing sprees against strangers is just a few decades old.

What has changed in the last few decades to create this?

• As opposed to you leftists, who let mental health slide, excused rioting mobs and other criminality, and won't discipline kids?

• Weren't the leftist the ones who tried to stop mentally ill people from purchasing guns, and then Trump thought it was a good idea to let them have whatever gun they wanted after all?
      Yeah... there goes your 'hole argument'...
      (Misspelled 'whole' on purpose, yes.)

• Whoa... 80% of people in the U. S. hit their kids. Hard to blame any lack of "discipline" on the left with everyone smacking kids around. Prolly why they're shooting everything. Maybe people should stop.

• Oh, apologies, he just rolled back those regulations set in place before him... So sorry you had to go through this trying to make me seem stupid. =)

I forgot you lived under Trump's desk and know everything that's going on there...

• This is what they teach in schools and you wonder how our future generation is becoming more screwed up. They are not being tought rational thought but to think like some deranged little baby in hopes if they scream and cry the government will coddle them and take care of them. Guns don't kill people it's the people who use them.

• You ever heard of a mass stabbing? No, neither have I.

An in case you missed the point, the issue in relevance to gun control isn't really the shooter it self. If someone wants to kill, they will do it using whatever they can get their hands on. The issue is the fact that 'thing' is a gun, that can take people down at long/short range. You don't have to be trained for a shot to be fatal, you don't even really have to aim if you're shooting at a crowd. You see someone 20 meters away with a knife, you know you can pretty much just walk away from the danger zone. You see some one at 20m with a gun, doesn't matter how far you run if the shooters aim is good enough/if the wall you're hiding behind it thin/heck if you're just unlucky, you're dead.

I'm from the UK so I don't actually know what Americans are going through. But I do know, if there weren't guns this wouldn't be such `wide spread' issue. Alternatively, one could up the defences, but things don't seem to be going that way.

• @ManaX I would not talk since you are from the UK, you guys let Muslims in your country to rape your little girls and terrorists to bomb a kids concert and to run over people in cars. Come back and consider the facts. There is a reason why I was taught when there is a gathering of one place in case of a fire it's too stay far away from the group of stupid humans who do what they are told. Its great for a Muslim suicide bomber to kill a bunch of people in a group. They teach you this in the military if you served in the middle east, these people are uneducated religious fanatics who's men would not have a second thought about raping a western dressed woman.

• You might have temporarily stopped the influx of bombers into your country, but don't forget about the largest terrorist attack of them all (twin towers). Perhaps my country has issues, but it doesn't negate the fact that America has things that need to be dealt with. And you're talking to me like I'm the politician who decided these things in the UK haha, your argument is weak I'm afraid. I've told you none of my own views apart from a very rational evaluation against your own. Try again.

• What they should be protesting is the media sensationalism. If they really understood just how extremely unlikely it is to get killed in a school shooting, they would be looking for more important issues to protest. In reality, schools are one of the safest places they could be.

Media rhetoric completely twist reality. Media and politicians who want to score points are the ones making kids feel unsafe, not the shooters. They blow it completely out of proportion.

People need to start using their heads instead of allowing media to control their thoughts.

• Now Hear this it's really fucked up what happened in Florida and the lives that have been forever changed. But nobody gives a fuck unless it's happening to them. It's been 19 years since columbine and what have we learned since then? (A lot) But what have we done to prevent such a thing from ever happening again? Not a fucking thing! The lives that were lost in Colorado 19 years ago seem all in vain because no body is giving a shit... Just real talk...

• I've heard that argument before - that the gun control debate in america was won after Sandy Hook, because if nothing was done then, nothing would ever be done. america is fine with killing kids.

• I go to school in an area with gang activity etc and we got metal detectors at the front door even when I went to middle school we had metal detectors at the front door I'm so used to it that I kinda forgot other schools like the school in Florida which got shot up was labeled as a school in a good neighborhood but its like those suburban goodie goodie neightborhoods is what produces these weirdos that walk into schools and shoot it up the most.

Every school need metal detectors and school safety. The school safety at my school don't even have actually weapons but there be actual cops with guns on em too. I think every school needs that.

• April 20... they’re just walking out to get tanked 😂😂😂😂

#420
    #blazeup

• Its a states right issue so good luck with having congress fix it. Smfh. Liberals are such simpletons and parrots

• They can walk out all they want, the point is, the FBI and law enforcement failed them. The shooter would have had his guns confiscated for life had the agencies acted on the evidence they received under our CURRENT laws.
    Same thing happened with Dylan Roof and the Texas Church Shooter.

And the funny thing is even under Maryland's laws, you can still buy "assault weapons" but they lack certain cosmetic features. All this shows is that "assault weapon" is useless as it depends on cosmetics and standard magazine size instead of function and cartridge used.

• Trump: making America an embarrassment again.

• Can you blame them?

• Intriguing

• This is alarming

• Great myTake

• Yes but the fascists on the supreme court will surely overturn that decision.

• More from Guys
    6