Girls Supporting Other Girls

Girls Supporting Other Girls

Other girls are not my competition. I stand with them, not against them.

Personally for me, I have once been a very insecure girl. Very much to the point of jealousy and competition. Even to this day. Recently, I saw a very beautiful YouTuber and her makeup was always done so perfectly in each of her pictures, her hair was my ideal length, and she had hundreds of thousands of active, positive, happy, uplifting and engaging followers and supporters always telling her how pretty she is. Of course, and I'd hate to admit- but it honestly made me a little jealous. I began to doubt myself and nitpick at all of my flaws. I began to see myself as less... because I don't have 100k followers or subscribers on YouTube and I don't get swarms of comments every day and I can't do my makeup as perfectly and effortlessly as she can. I began to see myself as worthless and inadequate. I began to doubt that I'll ever be as good as her.

But then I've realized.... she is actually my inspiration!! She's the woman I wish to be like someday, the role model I want to be for younger girls one day. I started to adjust to the idea that perhaps someday my makeup will look as beautiful as hers, maybe someday I will have a positive, uplifting and loving fanbase, and one day I will perhaps reach 100k subscribers on Youtube and have a larger follower count. That someday, my hair will be down to my waist, I will have crystal clear skin and a thinner body, (although I weigh like 130 pounds 😅). I began to replace those nitpicky, negative thoughts with positive, endearing, and happy thoughts. Once I started to develop those positive attributes in my mentality, I have slowly noticed my insecurity beginning to fade, and I begin to let go of that unhealthy mindset, that is:

"The beauty and talent of someone else is the absence of our own."

Untrue. Completely.

For beginners... you should never have to question your own beauty and your own worth just for admiring someone else's, because you never know what insecurities that "someone else" could be dealing with themselves. The beauty and talents of someone else is not ever the absence of your own. Sure, they could inspire you. But you should never admire someone else and question your own, simultaneously.

Girls Supporting Other Girls

I've adapted a brand new, positive outlook on things by accepting that someone else's positive attributes does not subtract from our own. We are each beautifully made in our own special and unique way. We don't need to compete with one another or feel insecure about ourselves simply because we see more positive attributes in someone else than we see in ourselves. If you see a pretty girl, just smile and accept that you're just as pretty as she is. A little complimenting won't hurt also; because you just might receive the same love right back, which will ultimately boost your self esteem of course ☺️ Because, c'mon, a really beautiful girl complimenting another really beautiful girl? It's just double the love! 💕👸🏼🌷✨

I've recently heard of a very popular quote, which genuinely applies to this take:

"Other girls are not my competition. I stand with them, not against them."

This quote is absolutely so beautiful, and a true symbol of girl love. I think that we should all stand together instead of against each other and competing with one another. It's un-ladylike to be negative and bitter, especially towards other girls. Please spread love and positivity, because whatever you put out into the universe will always come back to you, whether positive or negative. 💓

4036

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish women would hold themselves and their sisters accountable (ie don't be sluts, don't destroy men’s lives)

• Fuck yeah man I’m sick of women playing the victim card n thinking they can cheat as long as the other guys doesn’t find out. I took the red pill.

• Oh I have a great life now that I see the truth. Just trying to even the playing field and show men the truth.

• Nvm last comment

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a little jealousy is normal, and if you can turn it around to inspire you all the better to ya!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 35

• That is an awesome take. We try and tell my daughter's and grand daughter to love yourself, be happy in your skin, strive to be the best you you can be not to be someone else!

• I like the idea of the take, especially the point about someone else inspiring you. However, let's be practical here, most girls will never be a VS model and can never stand up to one. You're not all beautiful, few of you are truly beautiful.

That doesn't mean you cannot improve yourself in other ways and aspire to be more than the sum of your physical looks. Support each other for sure but recognise when you are inferior and when you are superior.

• I think everyone is beautiful. But thanks for your opinion!

• Not all VS models are beautiful either.

• I'll believe it when I see it, which is to say: never.

• Aw, I'm sorry you feel that way!

• Out of all the comments I have read on her yours is so so right. For many years I was like you but I was looking at that beautiful woman through the eyes of a man. The jealousy and envy use to make cry and close to suicide knowing I could never achieve my goal. I consider myself as transgender stuck in male body wanting to be female. But like you say make the most of what you have I bury my feeling try to live life to the full with a little help from my pills. But thank you for your insight...

• isn't it obvious but aren't girls their own worst enemies like 80% of the time.

Nice Mytake though

• Well, you can get support from some while competing with others.

• Great to see someone trying to appreciate the things she has.

You are as beautiful as you are willing to be.

• Some girls I feel like insult each other behind their backs and say “wow what a whore” if he girl is hot and wearing revealing outfits. But I feeel like it’s a little jealousy that causes it

• Pretty sure most girls adopt this. Only insecure ones don't. It's actually hard being mates with girls because they'll just become great mates with any new female that comes along within a couple of hours.

• Do girls stand up for each other when they're going for the gold medal in competition?

• Jealousy is never positive.

• Instead of only standing with girls, why not all humans? Selfish feminism thats super toxic to our society...

• Other girls may not be your competition, but you are probably their competition

• If you feel beautiful, then don't let others define that.

• Doesn't change anything...

• Okay.

• It's never been any different , before or today... men already known this for thousands of years.

• Intriguing

• just bang girls and marry a nice virgin girl.

• Amazing

• Good take thanks.

• Thanks

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 39

• I agree with this so much! Thank you for sharing your wise words with us. This is why I hate it when people go on and on about how hateful girls are, especially towards each other, and that we're all fake bitchy backstabbers who will throw each other under the bus if it means we're given a great opportunity because of it. It's honestly sickening. And although there are girls who do behave like that, to act like the majority of girls/women are like that is 100% false. There are also men who behave like that. It's not a gender thing.
    So yes, spreading love and positivity is vital. And so is trying to redirect your insecurities into something more productive and positive. Like the insight you've come to; instead of competing against someone, see them as your inspiration to become a better person, to try different things, and to evolve. That is much healthier and way less self-destructive than always thinking negatively of people, yourself included.
    Great mytake <3

• Thank you, lovely! 💕 You're absolutely right, those generalizations are actually very untrue. As you said- it is not a gender thing at all! In fact, men can actually be worse towards one another, perhaps even moreso than women can. Statistically, they seem more inclined to hold grudges with each other and women can be much more inclined to forgive and move on from any downfalls with one another. Lots of women have soft spots in their hearts, so we can perhaps more empathetic and emotional, I would say, than men. Not to say men can't be the same, because there are some really soft hearted men in the world. But all in all, it's not a gender thing at all and people should really let go of these generalizations about women. I believe all genders should support one another; men supporting women, women supporting men, women supporting women, and men supporting men. We need much more positivity in this world, for sure.

• never give up

• I loved this article. Thank you for sharing it with us. I too will sometimes become insecure about my looks when I'm comparing myself to other women. I don't enjoy wearing make-up much, when I do it still boosts confidence, even If I don't wear the way society has made me perceive it as the right way to wear it. I get compliments from guys who also help me become less insecure and I try my hardest to be optimistic every day.

• So, I have never really believed the stereotype that all women hate each other. I have never seen it.

There have only been two girls that I have actively disliked in my life, and they were both the type of girl who pretended to be stupid to get boys to like them. Yuck. I can’t stand that.

• Go to work someplace where it's all women (I used to do on-site IT work, and my company had a contract to service mortgage companies, and many offices were all women). Just being there an hour at a time was unbearable - the cattiness, the awful things they said about each other, the constant bickering - it was unreal. And there were 4 or 5 all-female offices, and they were all like this. In the offices where at least 25% or so were men, there seemed to be almost none of this.

But other people have experienced it too:

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...-goodbye-conflict-.html

• Now you're just being argumentative.

• @MrOracle and you’re being obtuse and paternalistic: the two worst qualities possible.

• I love this! Very nice myTake. It's absolutely true that you get out of life what you put in. If someone is extremely negative and constantly putting down other people, they probably aren't very happy themselves. Building up others is nice for them AND yourself.

I also used to be really insecure until I had the same realization that you mentioned. Everyone has something to offer that makes them unique. There's enough negativity in the world, there's no need for me to further spread it. Supporting others should always be encouraged. :)

• Wise words, thank you so much for sharing, lovely! 💕😊

• Well said 🌹.. I never felt jealous of another woman's beauty or intelligence or whatever.. I always felt everyone is unique and our personalities that matter most so I can't relate to that much however I couldn't make many friendship with females cause of that.. I suffered a lot from women jealousy and hate cause I would " have all the sexy guys" it was very annoying especially during college days cause I always been nice to them I thought they were my friend but I got stabbed many times that I learned some women are just silly and can't be friends with. Now I have one and only best friend and she is so sweet to me.

• I'm so sorry dear! Women can be very catty and jealous, nonetheless. I am so sorry you had experienced that. Jealousy is a very ugly trait and it really takes away from a woman's inner beauty, because it's a highly negative quality. I am proud of you for being kind even towards those who haven't treated you with the most endearment. You deserve nothing but love 💕

• Awww you are so sweet! Thank you dear for your kind words ❤️

• You are so sweet Ms TCG!
    Your echos will remain for eternity as will you :)

• I know girls when it comes to friendship, YOU can ALWAYS count on us "I got your back sis". But if you ruined that friendship you can never ever bring the glass from breaking. Like they CURSED you backstab at I may vary on the situation especially when you flirt with her boyfriend. Unlike boys yes they arrogant they fury and some badass but they can easily forgive and forget like nothing happen at all sharing a drink, stories, and laughter. I am not saying ALL girls but that's my opinion

• I think people need to support other people. I stopped looking at the news for a while because I was so tired of hearing about bad things. I stopped going on twitter because I was tired of hearing about bad things.
    I think guys should support girls, girls should support guys, guys support other guys and women support each other.

• i don't like to talk to people in general, but if other's shared your take i might would at least associate with girls more easily. i actually got refused for a job not too long ago and apparently once my boyfriend's mother was at it heard the female workers calling me snotty and laughing with comments like "does she think she's pretty or something?" type of shit. i ended up getting another job with people who're kids in age that're more mature than them. you sound attractive in the best possible sense though. also 130 isn't bad at all it's a pretty standard healthy weight actually i assure lol

• Ugh that's so sad! It really irks me when people are just outrightly negative for no reason at all. Please don't listen to them sweetheart, you are pretty. And those girls are probably just envious of you, because deep down they're secretly insecure about themselves and they feel threatened when they see other girls who are beautiful. Always remember, hurting people hurt other people. You should allow your haters to be your motivators, because if someone blatantly hates on you for no reason, you must have something they don't have and secretly envy. So don't listen to their negativity. You are doing a wonderful job sweetie. 💕

• I have struggles with my appetite, you see. Recently I'm getting better because of some medicines that I'm taking. I don't skip meals or eat extremely less anymore, but I ended up gaining some weight, especially a belly in the process. Gosh, I really don't know what to do at the moment and felt sooo hella insecure.

Then I remember that one of my fav makeup artists is not ashamed of not having a flat belly herself. She is goals and I realize that I'm healthy and that's what matters the most for me. 😊

But again... The cycle continues. I look in the mirror, and be like oh shit what have I done! 😂😂😂 Silly me.

• Don't change yourself for anyone. You are beautiful just the way you are. <3

• Thank you ❤

• If only this was 100% reality, but in reality women are human and they can't help but notice and question even if it is for a brief second. I found that many girls hang out with unattractive girls so that they look better, they look like nice people who are not obsessed with looks, and they don't feel insecure when they hang out with them in many cases it is the contrary they feel more attractive. It works but I feel sorry for the girls that they fooled to achieve this goal. If a friendship is like this, is it a real friendship?

• I love this take it's very positive and uplifting. I'm sure it'll give a lot of younger and older readers inspiration :)

• I love this take. And not every woman is going to be the same but that doesn't mean I can't support her.

I don't like to sleep around but I dont pass judgement on girls who do. I realize our sexualities and attractions are different.

I don't mind showing off my skin in the clothes I wear but i won't judge a girl who prefers to cover up. Our comfort levels and beliefs are different.

I have no desire to be a stay at home mom or even have kids at all but if another woman wants to take that traditional path, I say go for it. Our prefered lifestyles are different.

And thats ok.

I bought a shirt a while ago that really spoke to me about women supporting each other and it says "Empowered women, empower women"

• it's easy to say you support other girls... when they aren't hurting you.
    when they are in your face not supporting you and trying to crush your soul and make sure you die so they feel better about themselves, that's when it gets a tad bit hard.

for all the girls who are just trying to make it in life, good luck
    for all the girls who want to crush others so that you feel better about yourself, I hope you figure out that you don't have to do that. You're awesome just the way you are, you don't need to put some other poor girl down just so you feel like you are a better human being... self esteem issues... sad

• Great job I love ur mytake

• I’m really glad that you turned the YouTuber thoughts into a positive thing, but I don’t think you should try to be exactly like her so you’ll feel better about yourself.

Not that I’m forcing you, but I think you should be inspired by them, just make sure you add some of your own personality in the mix. Originality with a hint of adoration is absolutely perfect, and plus, that’s probably what they did when they looked up to someone else. So just remember: be whoever you want, but above all, be you. 💕

• Growing up other women just bitched about me and to me so I support other women as long as they behave themselves.

• Wonderful thoughts.

• Good take thanks

• More from Girls
    19