Who wants to move to California, or do you need an invitation?

Daniela1982

Happy Independence Day, everybody! California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat with national ambitions, has just cut an ad, apparently aiming to lure Floridians to move to California. Before you read on, I really, really recommend that you watch it.

© Provided by Washington ExaminerGavin Newsom is all about 'freedom' — so why are all you idiots leaving his state?
Newsom appears to be concerned that a net 367,000 residents left California last year — most of them for states such as Florida, Idaho, and Texas.

Now, call me old-fashioned, but the Sunshine State's efforts to keep racialist indoctrination out of classrooms doesn't seem like a limit on anyone's "freedom" to me. I am reliably informed that Floridians can still tell their own children that they're inherently evil scumbags because they're white, all without fear of arrest. So on that score, let freedom ring.

As for the inappropriate sexualization of children younger than third grade — something Florida acted to stop, of which Newsom's ad is critical — that doesn't seem like a limit on "freedom" to me. Then again, surely there's still someone out there who values the "freedom" to have public school administrators go behind their backs and try to secretly transition their children to another gender. Unfortunately, some parents went and ruined that freedom for everybody in Florida by suing their school districts, unhappy about efforts to trans their kids behind their backs with their own tax dollars.

Don't these entitled parents make you angry?

If so, California might just be calling your name. "Open up that Golden Gate!"

Of course, the question has to be asked: Florida doesn't have to advertise to get people to move there? Really?

Amazing, isn't it? I'm sure it's amazing to Gavin Newsom.

Last year, there was a net domestic out-migration of 367,000 Californians. Normally, it would take a famine or a city-destroying cataclysm to cause that kind of depopulation. Even New Orleans, half of it under water, lost "only" 240,000 people in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I have done extensive research and discovered that the only disaster to hit California recently is a decade of one-party Democratic rule.

In fact, in the same year Newsom's California was losing the population equivalent of Cleveland, Ohio, Florida gained 221,000 net residents — the population equivalent of San Bernardino. Florida has been under one-party Republican rule for 24 years now. So I guess people are just naturally attracted to fascism.

I can think of at least one population with whom Newsom's argument for "freedom" will surely resonate: violent criminals. If you're an armed robber, you're a lot less likely to lose your freedom in California. Even hardened, violent criminals are routinely given leniency by woke district attorneys and allowed to roam free. In Los Angeles, they're really serious about Second Amendment freedoms — they won't even hold it against you if you use your gun in a crime! If you are a violent criminal, then I know just the state for you to move to.

As for all the haters and losers who move to Florida? Well, I guess freedom isn't for everyone.

Well you got your invitation. Come join in this fun party. Hollywood will have a new TV Show for the people moving to California - The Biggest Losers.

37
8
8Girl Opinion
37Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• MCheetah

Ah yes, California. The state where you quite literally have sh*t happening on every corner in some cities. Highest taxes in America, highest cost of living, lowest punishments for criminals... And let's not forget, it's legal to give someone HIV and ol' SB 145, the law that legalized pedophilia (more or less) because not doing so was, quote, "homophobic." Yes, people seem to have forgotten that pedophilia is legal in California, flying under the LGBT banner and how it's so "homophobic and bigoted" to be against sweaty grown men raping 11 year old boys. Cause only a "Trump supporting bigot" hates pedophiles! Who doesn't love California?

Yes, the gay pedophile lawyer that fought for this bill is literally named Scott Wiener. And yes, he is super, hyper gay.
    Like 4 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • bayoubob

Did you forget about stores being required to have toy sections for non binary?

• HighValue

If it wasn't for my mom and a few good friends living here I would leave California and likely go to Idaho. My teaching degree easily transfers too when I looked into it. Just send them my state test results, degree, and credential copy and they would issue one for their state. Plus they just gave their teachers raises so now they only make $5k less per year than in CA, but their state taxes are only 6% instead of the 12% for CA teachers. It would end up only a $3k annual salary difference.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• fivetoes

I've lived in this California hell all my 69 years of life, except for a year in Montana with my then 5-year-old daughter. Returned back home in Gilroy CA because my father was ill, and my dog wasn't well either. Been trying to leave this place for way too many years now. Sure excuses? I have dozens of them, though none really anyone's business. I'm the black sheep of my family, which I gladly admit even on here. Just need a better plan, that and decent transportation to get my once skinny ass out of this state for good. State isn't helping my health.

Is this still revelant?
    • fivetoes

Yes, there is Amtrak and Greyhound. However, relocating out of state consists of clearing out a 5'x8' storage unit before I would be able to become a citizen of another planet. I'm retired, the child I gave birth to back in 1981 has pushed me out of her life. (Her drama, not mine). Please refrain from judging me as a terrible mother and nana (two grandsons). She married into a 'controlling family', so that's her problem not mine.
      Enough said about that. I have tried for years to locate safe affordable room for rent. But since Covid came to visit and hasn't left yet everything has blown up prices. I'm about ready to bring my "spaceship" out of hiding and go home. LOL!! Believe me or not: Never felt that I am of this world, fitting in isn't going to happen. Call me a nut job it's not going to bother me. I am a hybrid yes; I know what you're thinking: No such thing as UFO and little green men with large heads and strange looking eyes. Guess again. All jokes aside: I am who I am, and it is what it is.

• bayoubob

UFO's and little green men needed Al Bundy's socks for fuel. He got proof of them little green bastards too, but I think he busted his camera.

• letuswaltzforthedead

I'd leave my state for California if they gave me $75.7 billion, a collection of nuclear missiles of my own, and Nancy Pelosi's stunning ability to pass/support restrictions and laws for everyone to follow except for her. good times.

Funny 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

635
  • BCA6010

Gavin is definitely trying to throw his hat in the ring for 2024, and he has the support of the party, no matter what they say about Joe Biden and "oh yes he is definitely running for re-election, and we will support him and his successes all the way," which seems to be more or less the robotic response when anyone is asked.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Snsl153

No thanks! I wouldn't go there if you gave me a six-figure salary, luxury car and fancy apartment. I actually value not just my freedom, but my sanity as well, and moving to Commiefornia would ruin both.

LikeFunny 2 People
    Reply
  • MTC29

I fled CA five years ago this month for Polk County Florida.

California's high taxes, the ever-increasing cost of living, and endless new gun control laws were among my key issues.

I have no regrets about leaving.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Bratsondanielle

California is a shithole and Newsome is a moron and California had an opponent to recall and somehow even that failed

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • USLegionary

California is a great place to live if you own property and have enough wealth that you don't have to pay tax, its really a great lifestyle, i would prefer a Californian summer, beaches to florida though Florida hunting and fishing is better. California is all about cheap labor and high taxes on working stiffs which is why so many leave. Florida on the other hand is a great place to live and work, there's a reason retired people go there.

Reply
  • Amy10223

I'd like to live in CA just for the weather, which seems perfect. I may not be crazy about Newsom, but I've lived with politicians who I wasn't crazy about either (Chris Christy of NJ). So, if it wasn't for the fact that it is extremely expensive to live there, I'd move there happily. I'd go to San Francisco, beautiful area.

Reply
    • San Francisco area is probably the most expensive with house costing $ a million.

• Amy10223

Well, my niece lives in west LA, and about 1/2 hr from the beach. Her house isn't that big, and guess what? It cost her and her husband a million. So I think SF would be worse.

• The whole Silicon Valley area is outrageously priced.

• Lliam

California has superior weather and topography to anywhere else. Beyond that, Democrats have turned it into a shit hole for everyone but the wealthy.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Avicenna

My relatives in California are moving to Florida and other states.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • exitseven

I always wanted to drive that coastal road between LA and SF and maybe see some of the tourist stuff but I really do not want to live there.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • US 101 is a pretty drive, especially around Big Sur. But I'm sure that will be trashed too sometime in the future, because homeless like camping there too.

• exitseven

yes, I was walking down this real scenic road. It was right on a river and I noticed that there were several tents pitched in the bushes less that 20 feet from the road.

• NYCQuestions1976

San Diego was beautiful to visit, but I'd never live anywhere in California. From experience living in the New York City area, California/west coast liberals are far more loony than liberals from elsewhere in the country.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • FunkyMonkee

As DeSantis says, I see LOTS of cars in Florida with California plates but there NO cars with Florida plates going to Calif.! Hmmm, I wonder why? From what I'm hearing, the entire state of California is quickly becoming a ghost town!!

Nutty Nancy can HAVE IT!!

Reply
    • Nah, the Mexicans are making good their plot for the reconquest of California.

• They already HAVE 2 Californias! Why would they need a third one? And who would WANT it? It's a disgustingly filthy place, now!

• youngmix

LOL!
    Florida's a shit hole, absolute cesspool in every way. But moving to California is stupidly insane, unless you are rich. Everything is expensive as hell.
    Montana for the win.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Texaskid1

I briefly lived in California when I was in college. It is a beautiful state with many natural wonders. I still remember with great fondness the giant Sequoia trees up north and the many beautiful views in that area. I also remember seeing all those pretty girls like that one

If the conditions were more politically conservative and the left were not in such control I would more there.

For now it is a nice place to visit.

Reply
  • monorprise

I encourage people who wish to live under Gaven's democratic values to go live in California. The state has every natural advantage you could want, port access to the world, ideal growing lands, ideal climate, plenty of resources, on trade routes.

Reply
    • Ideal climate except for rain, which is why we are having water problems.

• monorprise

Go inland and see a real desert. California ain't got water problems, California's have got a State Government won't let them access the water they have problem.

California has lots of existing water, and many good options for getting even more. Everything from simply using the water available in rivers to relativity inexpensiveness bring in more water from the not so distant oceans.

Indeed it would be a relatively minor difficulty for California to flood the Salton sea with fresh or sea water and use that water to help water the southern sections of the State. Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah don't have any where near so many good options.

• You can't use salt water for irrigation. In fact they used to salt land where they did not want anything growing. All the reservoirs around here are going dry. Didn't have a big enough snow pack to help much.

• Pudsmucker

The governor of California would have to pay me a billion dollars to live there. California's taxes are so stupid high a person cannot live there. The cost of living in California is so high a person can't breathe without being deterred from living. For all I care California can drop off into the Pacific Ocean.

Reply
    • That can't be true or else we wouldn't have tons of homeless and have illegal immigrants fighting to get in.

• Tigerbait6

California is inviting illegals and homeless people. Just go on YouTube and watch peoples videos of the massive, abhorrent homeless tent cities. I live in Dallas where The police thankfully arrest panhandlers because there is a law in place to make panhandling illegal and the police actually follow the OATH that they once took.

• Pudsmucker

@Tigerbait6 when I was a child I remember the migrants came a lot into my state to work on sugar beets and in The orchards. Then they went back home till the next season. A lot of large farmers had migrant housing for them. I was part of their pay.

• annabananna

I think California could be a nice place to retire to if you have enough money but I don’t think it’s the best place to raise a family. Personally, I prefer to just visit California for the beauty.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Sixgunsound

Nothing short of deadly force would convince me to move to California, and even then I’d resist.

Reply
  • Jerre

I live in Florida, love it here as most Floridians do. California is the last place in the world I would want to live.

LikeFunny 2 People
    Reply
  • WindAtMyBack

I lived in California for 12 years. I left over 20 years ago and don't plan on going back. It had some negatives when I was there, but also had a lot of positives. It's one of the most beautiful states in the country for instance.

The state has very seriously gone downhill since I lived there. They've gone completely nuts.

There was a big outflow of "Californians" in the early 90s. But I suspect that the vast majority of them were not really Californians. They were people from other states who temporarily lived there and left. Even back in the 80s and 90s I know a lot of fellow Midwesterners moved to California then turned around and got the hell out of there. Now, it's a lot worse but for different reasons.

I don't know why they would want more people to move there, when overpopulation is already a big problem. Maybe they just want the rich people to move there to pay taxes to support all the people who don't work.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • msc545

Go ahead and leave and encourage others to leave. We definitely don't need or want you here in beautiful California. Take your guns and your regressive ideas to the shithole flyover state of your choice.

FunnyDisagree 2 People
    Reply
  • Show More (21)