Is there a scientific reason why I feel I need male friends? / friends of the opposite sex?

For some reason, I have found that I really need male friends. I've been a girl's girl for quite a number of years' now, having lots of female friends, lots of gal pals. But lately, especially recently that I've been going out more, for some reason, I've started to feel that I need male friendships. On some level subconsciously I have high suspicions that this has something to do with getting unwanted attention from male toads. And I kind of feel that as a response to that, for SOME reason, I feel a dire need for good-looking male friends.

Not friends with benefits or potential boyfriends, but strictly PLATONIC friends. Just guys to hang out with and do completely platonic exceedingly non-sexually charged things. Basically the sorts of dynamics I have with gal pals, except with men.

Do any other women out there feel this way or experience this psychological phenomenon? Or ANYBODY with some sense of human psychology, can you hazard an explanation about this... please? Dying to understand.

thx!
+1 y
I feel like there is an imbalance in my life, having so many girl friends but virtually no male friends. Does it make sense that I am feeling this way? Most importantly I don't want the male friends to be enamoured with / into me.
9
3