I'm not the popular bad boy kind of guy in high school. Does this really mean I won't get a girlfriend until college?

This has been bothering me a lot lately. Status seems to be such a big thing in high school. I can try what I want: I make sure I look good, am nice to everyone, am as confident and funny as I can be, smell good, and am as social as I can be. I'm quite smart, and I think of my future a lot so I can't help but noticing this problem.

I can't get girls. I'm not popular and I will never be. The bad guys get all the fame. I tried acting like a confident jerk for a week, just to see if it would change a thing. The result was rather funny. Girls finally noticed me, but if anything it made them less attracted to me.

I'm just your typical nice guy. If a girl asks me to do something, I do. I hold doors for them, lend them stuff, and even though I'm quite clumsy around them, I'm never rude. As I said, being the confident type of guy doesn't work. It's almost like I'm expected to be nice. I was once called boring by a girl, and that really hurt my feelings. It seems like whatever I do, I always lose. When a girl talks to me she doesn't show any emotion and when other guys are around, the girls just ignore me. Actually, I'm not boring at all. If I may say so myself, I just feel a bit more mature than other guys in high school. In general guys find me fun to be around.

You might expect me to be friendzoned often. Wrong. I don't even have female friends. If it carries on like this I'd rather just focus on school and hobbies. I'd rather wait until I go to uni in a few years and everything would be fine. Thing is, I won't be able to just get a girlfriend if I haven't even bothered talking to girls for years.

I'm always left out when the cool guys are talking about girls. If I tell them I like one they laugh and tell me she'd never in a thousand years date me. I'm pretty sure they even think I'm homosexual, but I'm not. Call me jealous of popular guys. Maybe I am.

I'm fully aware of the fact that I'm still young. Yet this makes me really unhappy. What should I do?
3
0