Why do guys tell me about the girls they like?

I mean its cool, depending on who the guy is. I like when people confide in me for things, especially things like that. Its so adorable.

But there are guys do it but i just don't believe it.
Like my friends think my guy friend likes me. and the guy never mentioned anyone to me until i told him that i liked this guy who worked with us. notice i said liked btw. anyway, ever since i told him, he got really pissed and started acting weird. he dresses better, does his hair, and opens doors for me and all that. but now he tells me that he met all these girls at work (we used to work at the same job) and that they used to flirt with him. sometimes he just brings this out of the blue and i never talk about guys with him, especially since he reacted the way he did last time.

and there's another guy at work who makes no sense to me. he tells me he's a jerk. and yes he is. he's sarcastic, he's cocky, and he is attractive and he knows it. he used to try to make me nervous but since i dislike players and all of that, im onto his game and it doesn't work on me. he doesn't intimidate me. we get along great though. I always see this guy looking at me. at times, i think I've made him blush because I've made him giggle and he just looks down and tells me im silly or to go home. so we were talking about something and he randomly brought up this girl we met this one time we hung out. I just acted like whatever and told him he should talk to her. he just said, "oh... ok. well get back to work or you'll get in trouble." and i said ok and i went back to work. If he liked that girl I don't know why he didn't get her number that day.

I don't know why though but it seems like they're just making stuff up. especially the guy from school. i hate this. why can't we just talk about other things? thats why i dont talk about who i like anymore because this happens.
1
1