If two people hate each other, do you believe they can fall in love?

There's this saying in Spanish " Del odio nace el amor" but I can't find an English version, so if you can find it would be great. But yeah, what's your opinion on this question? Like for Example, me, I used to really hate this guy I always used to say that I hated him because he talked like a girl because he was always with this group of girls. ( Hey I have nothing against gays, I support them ok) but I hated this guy so much he acted like he was the most popular guy in school, but then last year I had this class with him and he sat in front me in that class all year and we started talking and I noticed how cute he was and he was a nice person so I started feeling something for him but then summer came and now is another year and I haven't see him again... has something like this happened to you? or is it only me?
3
3