Have you ever been so nice that you pretended not to notice something about someone?

Have you ever been so nice that you pretended not to notice something about someone? Please share

Im really bad (or good) for doing this. here is an example.

My boyfriend and I have this mutual friend (I have known him a lot longer than my bf) who has terrible terrible acne. Everytime I see him he has something new on his face. I never ask him about it. I just assumed that its acne and thats all so there is nothing really to ask. I also assume that people do not generally like to talk about their acne.

Well last time I saw him he had a gigantic bump like the size of a fist on his face and it looked like it had ruptured. It was extremley noticeable and it actually made him look a little unrecognizeable. Well again, I just pretended that I did not see it and tried my best not to stare at it, and I talked to him like a normally do.

Well my boyfriend comes up to us and he just blurts out "Man what happend to your face?" (These two guys are pretty close with eachother so im sure the friend expected him to ask that) And our friend seemed a little uncomfortable but he responded by saying that he got cut by something.

So then my boyfriend asks "How did you cut your face?" and then our friend still seemed a little uncomfortable and said "well, you know man, it was just one of thoes drunken nights" so then my boyfriend said " well ouch!".

After we finished talking to him and left, I explained to my bf that he was lying becasue he really didn't want to talk about it and that for as long as i have known him he has had bad acne. Then my bf said "Oh okay, becasue I was still trying to figure out how someone could cut themselves like that while drunk?"
1
4