My bestie has blocked me off fb, why? don't get it please help?

I had this bestie and we talked casually and everything now he lied about his gf being in birmingham I was having a doubt so i asked his best mate and he was like she lives next to him and he lives next to my bestie. after that the guy sent my bestie screenshots of me asking about my besties gf like e. g how she looks and everything.. etc my bestie got angry and then i was saying sorry n all that.. etc he was like okai everything was alright till he blocked me off Facebook now and he talks really nicely on the phone he's saying he's deactivated and will reactivate later but in reality he hasn't :( me and my bestie met on fb we're going to meet each other tmrow for the first time n his gf will be there too (well that's what he's said) what should i do know? should i call him up and ask him why he's lying? or go see him tmrow and ask him face to face why he's lying? we've got this festival tomorrow (diwali)
2
1